Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #21
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Just saw the line for Sunday - Steelers +12

Ha thats great gotta love being the underdogs give me great memories!(2005 playoffs)
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #22
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I love our boys being the underdogs!!!!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #23
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I think the Pats should be big time favorites....They can easily blow the Steelers out......That doesn't mean I don't think the Steelers can win this football game.......I like the Steelers chances but at the same time this team has to prove it can play well on the road.....So far they havn't played very good on the road this year.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #24
PatsFan2003
Water Boy

Member Number: 7828

I'm a Pats Fan and I think the line is ridiculous. Two weeks ago I might have felt differently but not now. I think the Steelers have an excellent chance to win the game.

My best hope is that the Brady will have the time to go through his progessions and get to the open man. I'm sure the Steelers will pressure him but the story of the last two weeks was not the offense as much as it was the Pats D. Ben R is just the type of QB to give that D some fits. They have "issues".

It's going to be a tough game to win.
PatsFan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #25
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
I'm a Pats Fan and I think the line is ridiculous. Two weeks ago I might have felt differently but not now. I think the Steelers have an excellent chance to win the game.

My best hope is that the Brady will have the time to go through his progessions and get to the open man. I'm sure the Steelers will pressure him but the story of the last two weeks was not the offense as much as it was the Pats D. Ben R is just the type of QB to give that D some fits. They have "issues".

It's going to be a tough game to win.
Saints be praised!! A Pats fan who isn't drinking the Foxboro koolaid! Welcome to Steelers Fever, PatsFan2003.

I think the pressure that both the Eagles and Ravens D's put on Brady frustrated the hell out of him and it really showed in the game this past Monday. As we all know, Brady hates defenders anywhere near his space and one of the keys to us winning the battle on the defensive side of the ball is to keep pressure on him and make him hear footsteps.

I agree that Ben could give the Pats D fits, but that is going to depend on how well the OL protects him. They've been playing much better the last couple of weeks and hopefully that trend will continue.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #26
PatsFan2003
Water Boy

Member Number: 7828

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Saints be praised!! A Pats fan who isn't drinking the Foxboro koolaid! Welcome to Steelers Fever, PatsFan2003.

I think the pressure that both the Eagles and Ravens D's put on Brady frustrated the hell out of him and it really showed in the game this past Monday. As we all know, Brady hates defenders anywhere near his space and one of the keys to us winning the battle on the defensive side of the ball is to keep pressure on him and make him hear footsteps.

I agree that Ben could give the Pats D fits, but that is going to depend on how well the OL protects him. They've been playing much better the last couple of weeks and hopefully that trend will continue.
Brady certainly doesn't like pressure (what QB does?) but he can deal with it. It's not like either Philly or the Ravens shut the Patriots out. The media has just gone overboard to the point where people think anything less that 50 points is a poor performance.

I really think the Pats will be able to score even against a zone blitzing team like the Steelers, the question will be whether it will be enough or at the right time (i.e the end) because...

I'm just worried sick about the D. The rush has been non-existant and a QB that can improvise is just going to kill us. When Boller and Feeley look like all-pro's there's a problem. I just hope Belichick can pull something out of his ... hat here.
PatsFan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #27
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The point is that a slow and old Ravens defense and a fairly average Eagles defense were able to slow the Patriots. The Pats defensive stats are all smoke and mirrors, since many of the shitty teams they blew out early were forced to become one-dimensional, and they lacked the talent to execute, which just made things worse.

The Steelers are capable of more. They can score on the Pats defense. They can play the kind of defense that will significantly slow that offense. If their ST hold, and they execute, I'd say the Pats are actually in trouble this week.