Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,063 Times in 3,447 Posts
Default 2007 Pro Bowlers- Grins and Groans

so who was snubbed? any suprises? you glad to see somebody finally make it in? who didnt deserve it (ogden)? any notables?

looks like the browns took a hit with joe thomas not making it (freaking ogden???) k. winslow jr coulda very well made it if the names gates and gonzales werent on the ballot.

sweet justice for braylon edwards to edge out chad johnson. i hate to admit it, but edwards is good.

the biggest shame is that fred taylor didnt finally make it. hes just as good as he showed last weekend. always has been and hes shaken that "injury prone" stigma that has plagued his career.

notable: sf punter andy lee. you know, the one we signed in the offseason for 6 years and $7 million? frisco matched the offer to the restricted free agent and should be thanking us for doing a great contract for them. in 4 years this deal will be a bargain.

"one mans trash is another mans treasure" award: leonard davis. bust in arizona. multi-millionair pro bowler in dallas
Old 12-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #2
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: 2007 Pro Bowlers- Grins and Groans

I'm thrilled that Chad Johnson didn't make it. That HOF jacket stunt is going to bite him in the ass for a long time.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
I'm thrilled that Chad Johnson didn't make it. That HOF jacket stunt is going to bite him in the ass for a long time.
Absolutely.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

The thing with Davis is that Arizona insisted playing him at tackle when he was obviously a guard...

Anyway, the reason Taylor doesn't get in is because of the quality of backs in the AFC... He is good, but three or four guys have always been better than him year to year. It is ashame, but nothing can really be done about it...

I think Faneca and Polamalu got in on name recognition more than anything... Hampton deserves to be in more than those two and I don't see how Williams got in over Hampton this year... Previous years sure but when I have seen Jamall this season he hasn't been up to his standard. I guess just more name recognition.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,577 Posts

how does lance briggs make it over ernie simms?

briggs.....94 tackles.....2 sacks......2 ff......1 rec....0pass def......0 int
simms....122tackles...1 sack.........3 ff......0 rec....3 pass def.....1 int

no wonder there's so little interest in the PB.....i thought it was SUPPOSED to be about the best players at thier position THAT year.....not what they have done in the past. they should have a point system based on stats,that determines who goes.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #6
touchdownward
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 3188

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
so who was snubbed? any suprises? you glad to see somebody finally make it in? who didnt deserve it (ogden)? any notables?

looks like the browns took a hit with joe thomas not making it (freaking ogden???) k. winslow jr coulda very well made it if the names gates and gonzales werent on the ballot.

sweet justice for braylon edwards to edge out chad johnson. i hate to admit it, but edwards is good.

the biggest shame is that fred taylor didnt finally make it. hes just as good as he showed last weekend. always has been and hes shaken that "injury prone" stigma that has plagued his career.

notable: sf punter andy lee. you know, the one we signed in the offseason for 6 years and $7 million? frisco matched the offer to the restricted free agent and should be thanking us for doing a great contract for them. in 4 years this deal will be a bargain.

"one mans trash is another mans treasure" award: leonard davis. bust in arizona. multi-millionair pro bowler in dallas
That is the biggest snub to me and not because he bitch slapped our D last weekend. Can you imagine his career stats if he had stayed healthy?

TJ Housh la bamba is the best receiver on that team. He's tougher than Chad and has better hands than Chad.
Maybe CJ's next touchdown celebration he could do the James Brown with the HOF jacket and hold it on TJ while he walks around. TJ could then throw the jacket off and break into a jitterbug. Now THAT would be a quality TD celebration.

Blah!
touchdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:10 PM   #7
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634

I agree Fred Taylor should have got in, but Jacksonville is not a big media market and Fred is not a big name. He is probably the quietest 10,000 yard back in history.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:14 PM   #8
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Big Snack should be in

Kerry Rhodes has been a monster this season, maybe better than Bob Sanders.

and.....too many Dallas players, that's just fan voting I guess. Is Nick Folk really the best kicker in the NFC? I can't think of many but I don't think he is
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:32 PM   #9
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
He'll be in the HOF in 20NEVER

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Five Steelers Selected to Pro Bowl

Donald Driver is a good wideout, but I think this season, Greg Jennings is more deserving.

I said it in another thread - Jeff Reed should be the PK for the AFC, not Bironas. This season, there hasn't been a better clutch (and mud and muck) kicker than Reed.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote