Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-24-2007, 02:51 PM   #11
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Cheatriots do what they want

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5by2010 View Post
Let me get this straight, the Patriots are bad guys for only wearing the number 21 with Hill's #91 for one week. So everyone surely must be wearing 91 with 21 plus the Bronco's two numbers they wear. Just curious, what are the Steelers wearing? I hope they are not disrespecting us by not wearing a 91. I doubt anyone paid tribute to Hill but you have no problem with that. In fact the statement "who the hell is #91?'" is a bit disrespectful of our fallen player. Boy, some of you folks are really going out of your way to hate the Pats.
I can't speak for everyone else, but as I've said many times on this board - I don't hate the Pats team. I can't stomach their arrogant, pompous, cheating, philandering coach and an owner who pats (no pun intended) that owner on the back for cheating instead of throwing him out on his ear.

I feel very badly that Marquise lost his life at such a young age and commend the young man for his heroic efforts to sacrifice his own life so that his girlfriend could live on.

However - I have to agree with what has already been stated in this thread - how difficult would it have been to continue to wear Sean Taylor's number on their helmets in addition to Hill's? It would have meant no disrespect to Marquise Hill and quite possibly would have shown that the Pats organization has a teenie bit of class. Instead, they've just proven what most NFL fans already know - they're all a$$ and no class.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:07 PM   #12
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I can't speak for everyone else, but as I've said many times on this board - I don't hate the Pats team. I can't stomach their arrogant, pompous, cheating, philandering coach and an owner who pats (no pun intended) that owner on the back for cheating instead of throwing him out on his ear.

I feel very badly that Marquise lost his life at such a young age and commend the young man for his heroic efforts to sacrifice his own life so that his girlfriend could live on.

However - I have to agree with what has already been stated in this thread - how difficult would it have been to continue to wear Sean Taylor's number on their helmets in addition to Hill's? It would have meant no disrespect to Marquise Hill and quite possibly would have shown that the Pats organization has a teenie bit of class. Instead, they've just proven what most NFL fans already know - they're all a$$ and no class.
I didn't see #91 on any teams helmet this season. I don't remember any press on the matter except in the New England area. I don't recall a huge funeral with Jessie Jackson and tribute from players around the NFL. I didn't hear any sympathy for Bruschi when he cried for his lost friend.
Marquise Hill died and the world forgot him. His name wasn't even mentioned when Sportscenter honored those who had passed away. I don't know what determines class anymore
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #13
5by2010
Water Boy

Member Number: 8013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post

However - how difficult would it have been to continue to wear Sean Taylor's number on their helmets in addition to Hill's? It would have meant no disrespect to Marquise Hill and quite possibly would have shown that the Pats organization has a teenie bit of class. Instead, they've just proven what most NFL fans already know - they're all a$$ and no class.
How difficult would it have been to wear Marquise Hill's number on their helmets in addition to Taylors?It would have meant no disrespect to Taylor and quite possibly would have shown that the Steelers organization has a teenie bit of class. Instead, they've just proven what most NFL fans already know - they're all a$$ and no class.
5by2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #14
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
How difficult would it have been to wear Marquise Hill's number on their helmets in addition to Taylors?It would have meant no disrespect to Taylor and quite possibly would have shown that the Steelers organization has a teenie bit of class. Instead, they've just proven what most NFL fans already know - they're all a$$ and no class.
Nice try. You just proved my point for me - thank you!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #15
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
I didn't see #91 on any teams helmet this season. I don't remember any press on the matter except in the New England area. I don't recall a huge funeral with Jessie Jackson and tribute from players around the NFL. I didn't hear any sympathy for Bruschi when he cried for his lost friend.
Marquise Hill died and the world forgot him. His name wasn't even mentioned when Sportscenter honored those who had passed away. I don't know what determines class anymore
It is because of the time it happend. It wasn't in season or playoffs like Taylor, Nash and Williams. That is the explanation for perceived lack of attention, although it got a lot around here . ESPNEWS had a week long tribute to Hill so don't act like he was forgotten.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #16
ShutDown24
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
Sorry guys , I gotta side with the PATs fans on this one. Why is the rest of the league not wearing Hill's #91 or Darrent Williams #27 or Damien Nash's #29 . The list could go on and on many players have died in the last year and yet Taylor is the only one honored by the NFL, because it happened during the season and created media draw and revenue.
Quote:
It isn't for organizations to decide. The strict uniform code only allows teams to wear their players which have passed away unless it is a special occasion like Sean Taylor (In season).

This whole thread has turned pointless. The poster didn't know about Marquise hill most likely because his death didn't occur in season, now that corrected there isn't any reason to be arguing in here. Players in the league are all friends with each other now days. 'Wearing his number' or 'not wearing his number' isn't a sign of dis-respect. What a childish discussion this has formed into.

Last edited by ShutDown24; 12-24-2007 at 04:03 PM.
ShutDown24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #17
The Patriot
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
It is because of the time it happend. It wasn't in season or playoffs like Taylor, Nash and Williams. That is the explanation for perceived lack of attention, although it got a lot around here . ESPNEWS had a week long tribute to Hill so don't act like he was forgotten.
It's not about tributing Hill, it's about this thread. From what I've gathered, and I hope I'm wrong, is that your trying to say that the Patriots are trying to disrespect the league by only wearing taylor's number for a week. You make it seem like Belichick is dancing on his grave based on a number absent from the Patriots helmets. Grasping for straws meets a new low.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #18
ShutDown24
Team President

Quote:
It's not about tributing Hill, it's about this thread. From what I've gathered, and I hope I'm wrong, is that your trying to say that the Patriots are trying to disrespect the league by only wearing taylor's number for a week. You make it seem like Belichick is dancing on his grave based on a number absent from the Patriots helmets. Grasping for straws meets a new low.
I think you should clearify who 'you' is. Assuming you are reffering to the originator of this thread, he did not know about Hill, then was corrected. No one has since said anything extremely negative about the Patriots as far as I can tell since then. Furthermore, there are plenty of teams who only wore Taylor's #21 for one week. Anyone who isn't highley observative wouldn't notice that, but it is true.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:16 PM   #19
The Patriot
Head Coach

^
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Why would they put #21 on their helmets........they've proven they don't care about anything except spitting in everyone elses faces since they got caught cheating.
Honestly.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:21 PM   #20
ShutDown24
Team President

Quote:
^

Honestly.

I meant as far as Hill went and I think you knew that. You can't get caught cheating no matter how small or large of a cheat it was and not expect to hear about it. While I don't personally agree with what that user said, I can't blame him for saying it. I ask you to please refrain posting in here. An arguement started because of a dead player is disrespectful in and of itself in my opinion. Thank you.