Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #21
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Why can't I ignore mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post

Because everyone is on everyone else?s ignore list flap:
Huh whatchu say?

Sorry I was ignoring you.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:59 AM   #22
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

I'm ignoring the next person who posts in this thread!

unless they are already on ignore, in which case, I guess I have already ignored them!

(I give this thread about one more week before it is locked!)
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #23
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I'm ignoring the next person who posts in this thread!

unless they are already on ignore, in which case, I guess I have already ignored them!

(I give this thread about one more week before it is locked!)
Please don't ignore me!
Old 12-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #24
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
What a complete and utter suck up. Drink the koolaid why don't ya. My gosh Mods are human ya know, they make mistakes , they have opinions that suck and on occasion they make outrageous comments, the biased kind.

Anyhow I'm have trouble ignoring all those words in BOLD print.
LOL

thats gotta be the funiest thing i've ever heard on this site.. lol!

p.s. im finally a starter! yay
Old 12-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #25
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Sometimes I like to put everyone on ignore so it feels like I'm talking to myself. That way I can never lose an argument.

PS: Can one of the mods tell me what this thread's about...I can't see what anyone's saying.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #26
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee View Post
p.s. im finally a starter! yay
Congrats - don't make it to Team Captain. Team Captains are ignored by Team Presidents.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #27
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Sometimes I like to put everyone on ignore so it feels like I'm talking to myself. That way I can never lose an argument.

PS: Can one of the mods tell me what this thread's about...I can't see what anyone's saying.
I didn't think you needed to ignore people to win an argument

Quote:
What a complete and utter suck up. Drink the koolaid why don't ya. My gosh Mods are human ya know, they make mistakes , they have opinions that suck and on occasion they make outrageous comments, the biased kind.

Hey, I have been a mod on a couple occasions, so believe me I know they are human. I also know how hard those guys work. What was I sucking up too? I don't gain anything from complementing the moderators, they really do a great job.

As far as the bold goes, yeah it is to get my posts noticed - So what do you plan to do? Ignore me!? How fitting.

Last edited by ShutDown24; 12-25-2007 at 10:34 PM.
ShutDown24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #28
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:

Of course we make mistakes - as you said, we're only human. This is a very large BB with a myriad of different personalities and viewpoints and there are always going to be disagreements and opinions that differ from the status quo, but I view most of those disagreements (as long as they are done constructively) as healthy discussions which keep the board flourishing. Sure some of our opinions suck, but sometimes, that largely depends on which side of the fence (discussion) you are on.

As far as being biased, I don't believe any of us are biased. Speaking for myself - I've infracted members who I have friendships with off the board (as they can well attest to) when they've violated a rule (rules which I feel are very simple and a part of any successful BB). When I see a post that is a bit "over the top", I normally send a PM warning that member of a violation and ask them to edit their post, which most members agree to do. If the hutzpah continues, then I give them the I don't play faves and I don't view my Mod position as being above anyone else's position here. I'm just a regular member like everyone else who was asked to help with the board's operation. There is a lot of work involved - more than members can view on the open board, but it is "work" that I believe all 3 of us enjoy or we wouldn't be doing it.

ShutDown - thank you for the kind comments. Now take yourself to the corner and drink that nice, tasty Kool-Aid.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #29
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Of course we make mistakes - as you said, we're only human. This is a very large BB with a myriad of different personalities and viewpoints and there are always going to be disagreements and opinions that differ from the status quo, but I view most of those disagreements (as long as they are done constructively) as healthy discussions which keep the board flourishing. Sure some of our opinions suck, but sometimes, that largely depends on which side of the fence (discussion) you are on.

As far as being biased, I don't believe any of us are biased. Speaking for myself - I've infracted members who I have friendships with off the board (as they can well attest to) when they've violated a rule (rules which I feel are very simple and a part of any successful BB). When I see a post that is a bit "over the top", I normally send a PM warning that member of a violation and ask them to edit their post, which most members agree to do. If the hutzpah continues, then I give them the I don't play faves and I don't view my Mod position as being above anyone else's position here. I'm just a regular member like everyone else who was asked to help with the board's operation. There is a lot of work involved - more than members can view on the open board, but it is "work" that I believe all 3 of us enjoy or we wouldn't be doing it.

ShutDown - thank you for the kind comments. Now take yourself to the corner and drink that nice, tasty Kool-Aid.
Tasty