Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #21
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Why can't I ignore mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post

Because everyone is on everyone else?s ignore list flap:
Huh whatchu say?

Sorry I was ignoring you.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:59 AM   #22
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Why can't I ignore mods?

I'm ignoring the next person who posts in this thread!

unless they are already on ignore, in which case, I guess I have already ignored them!


(I give this thread about one more week before it is locked!)
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #23
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Borski's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Steelers Country, FL
Posts: 1,947
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why can't I ignore mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I'm ignoring the next person who posts in this thread!

unless they are already on ignore, in which case, I guess I have already ignored them!


(I give this thread about one more week before it is locked!)
Please don't ignore me!
__________________
Free Rice - Have fun and help out.
Borski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #24
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach
 
Rhee Rhee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 808 state
Posts: 1,890
Gender: Male
Member Number: 7579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why can't I ignore mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
What a complete and utter suck up. Drink the koolaid why don't ya. My gosh Mods are human ya know, they make mistakes , they have opinions that suck and on occasion they make outrageous comments, the biased kind.

Anyhow I'm have trouble ignoring all those words in BOLD print.
LOL

thats gotta be the funiest thing i've ever heard on this site.. lol!

p.s. im finally a starter! yay
__________________
Rhee Rhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #25
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Why can't I ignore mods?

Sometimes I like to put everyone on ignore so it feels like I'm talking to myself. That way I can never lose an argument.

PS: Can one of the mods tell me what this thread's about...I can't see what anyone's saying.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #26
Jman
Team Captain
 
Jman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 721
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5903
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why can't I ignore mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee View Post
p.s. im finally a starter! yay
Congrats - don't make it to Team Captain. Team Captains are ignored by Team Presidents.
__________________
"There is a way that seems right to man, but its end is the way of death"
Book of Proverbs / The Bible
Jman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #27
ShutDown24
Team President
 
ShutDown24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,125
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3997
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why can't I ignore mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Sometimes I like to put everyone on ignore so it feels like I'm talking to myself. That way I can never lose an argument.

PS: Can one of the mods tell me what this thread's about...I can't see what anyone's saying.
I didn't think you needed to ignore people to win an argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
What a complete and utter suck up. Drink the koolaid why don't ya. My gosh Mods are human ya know, they make mistakes , they have opinions that suck and on occasion they make outrageous comments, the biased kind.

Anyhow I'm have trouble ignoring all those words in BOLD print.
Hey, I have been a mod on a couple occasions, so believe me I know they are human. I also know how hard those guys work. What was I sucking up too? I don't gain anything from complementing the moderators, they really do a great job.

As far as the bold goes, yeah it is to get my posts noticed - So what do you plan to do? Ignore me!? How fitting.
__________________

Last edited by ShutDown24; 12-25-2007 at 10:34 PM.
ShutDown24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #28
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why can't I ignore mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
What a complete and utter suck up. Drink the koolaid why don't ya. My gosh Mods are human ya know, they make mistakes , they have opinions that suck and on occasion they make outrageous comments, the biased kind.

Anyhow I'm have trouble ignoring all those words in BOLD print.
Of course we make mistakes - as you said, we're only human. This is a very large BB with a myriad of different personalities and viewpoints and there are always going to be disagreements and opinions that differ from the status quo, but I view most of those disagreements (as long as they are done constructively) as healthy discussions which keep the board flourishing. Sure some of our opinions suck, but sometimes, that largely depends on which side of the fence (discussion) you are on.

As far as being biased, I don't believe any of us are biased. Speaking for myself - I've infracted members who I have friendships with off the board (as they can well attest to) when they've violated a rule (rules which I feel are very simple and a part of any successful BB). When I see a post that is a bit "over the top", I normally send a PM warning that member of a violation and ask them to edit their post, which most members agree to do. If the hutzpah continues, then I give them the I don't play faves and I don't view my Mod position as being above anyone else's position here. I'm just a regular member like everyone else who was asked to help with the board's operation. There is a lot of work involved - more than members can view on the open board, but it is "work" that I believe all 3 of us enjoy or we wouldn't be doing it.

ShutDown - thank you for the kind comments. Now take yourself to the corner and drink that nice, tasty Kool-Aid.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #29
ShutDown24
Team President
 
ShutDown24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,125
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3997
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why can't I ignore mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Of course we make mistakes - as you said, we're only human. This is a very large BB with a myriad of different personalities and viewpoints and there are always going to be disagreements and opinions that differ from the status quo, but I view most of those disagreements (as long as they are done constructively) as healthy discussions which keep the board flourishing. Sure some of our opinions suck, but sometimes, that largely depends on which side of the fence (discussion) you are on.

As far as being biased, I don't believe any of us are biased. Speaking for myself - I've infracted members who I have friendships with off the board (as they can well attest to) when they've violated a rule (rules which I feel are very simple and a part of any successful BB). When I see a post that is a bit "over the top", I normally send a PM warning that member of a violation and ask them to edit their post, which most members agree to do. If the hutzpah continues, then I give them the I don't play faves and I don't view my Mod position as being above anyone else's position here. I'm just a regular member like everyone else who was asked to help with the board's operation. There is a lot of work involved - more than members can view on the open board, but it is "work" that I believe all 3 of us enjoy or we wouldn't be doing it.

ShutDown - thank you for the kind comments. Now take yourself to the corner and drink that nice, tasty Kool-Aid.
Tasty
__________________
ShutDown24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts