Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #11
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750
Default Re: NFL (Pats) Network

That's what the media does! They blow things out of proportion. They've been playing this harp since the Pats beat the Cowboys in week 6.
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #12
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I certainly will not be watching that game on Saturday. Instead, I'll be watching the Pens and Sabres, then pop in a movie or something when it's over. I have boycotted every Pats game since they played Indy except when they played the Steelers, and that will continue until the season is over. I'd rather have dental surgery without any anesthetic.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,001 Times in 3,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
That's what the media does! They blow things out of proportion. They've been playing this harp since the Pats beat the Cowboys in week 6.
well, id say the speculation was relevant back then. but now??? its a mad scramble for the biggest ratings take ever.

when the steelers played the pats, i could understand the hype of the last remaining chance to defeat the undefeated.

now theres hype of whether coughlin plays all his starters, and questions if he "owes" it to the league, fans, etc to try and win.

we all know thats not gonna happen. even if its a close game, the giants would still be going up against the refs (think polamalu intercepting peyton in the playoffs). i dont think any of the giants players wanna be part of a dog and pony show of pat players breaking records and running up scores.

and honestly, if both teams play their starters, the pats will win by 24. if both teams rested their starters, the patriots 2nd stringers would beat the giants 2nd stringers by 24.

it doesnt matter, and the media will spend all week trying to convince the non football die-hards that it does, despite pumping steelers/pats as "last chance" several weeks ago. the media (and nfl) is pushing hard to captivate the new fan and kinda forgetting about the long timers. understandable, but no less disgusting and boring.

the patriots have always been boring, which lead to their whole 'crying about a lack of respect' mantra. its ironic that in fielding one of the most explosive receiving units ever, they have still remained just as boring (maybe even more so, with their blow outs).

personally, i think the giants should just forfeit. the discussion of those ramifications would be much more entertaining than the current patriot discussion.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:17 PM   #14
touchdownward
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 3188

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i wonder if CBS and NBC plan on having their own 3 hour pregame tribute to the patriots.

"history" (tainted) or not, i cant believe so much hubub is being made over a meaningless game, no more important than a preseason game, where everybody already knows the outcome.

the oversaturation is starting to get very irritating (none of the coverage bugged me during the season) but now its really over the top, and seems to be getting bigger than the sport itself.

whats funny, is its something most die hard fans are not rooting for, and will tune in with hopes of seeing them defeated.

its kinda like most americans probably wouldnt want to view a live electrocution or hanging but would probably tune in if it were osama bin laden being exocuted.

now of course, i'll be tuning in, but only because im a football junkie and would probably be watching if it were seattle vs. miami.
It's really a win win situation. As a NFL fan, you get to see history if they win. As a Steeler fan, if they lose, you get to see the pasties fall flat on their ass in front of a huge National audience.

Guess which one I'm rootin' for.

Blah!
touchdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:23 PM   #15
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownward View Post
It's really a win win situation. As a NFL fan, you get to see history if they win. As a Steeler fan, if they lose, you get to see the pasties fall flat on their ass in front of a huge National audience.

Guess which one I'm rootin' for.
The same one we're all rooting for............
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:51 PM   #16
rabidsteelerfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 1902

SOOOOOOOO, this means they'll reimburse all of us that are PAYING for the nfl network???? I see this as a freakin joke! I mean, there IS a reason why I pay for my nfl network, RIGHT?

On another note, could someone please tell me when the last time a "PERFECT SEASON" included getting caught cheating? Those two words, (perfect/cheating) don't belong in the same sentence. I give no credence to anything the pat's have done. Sorry, but once they got caught everything they've accomplished has just felt dirty!
rabidsteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #17
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidsteelerfan View Post

On another note, could someone please tell me when the last time a "PERFECT SEASON" included getting caught cheating?
ding ding ding......we have a winner!
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #18
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Absolutely no interest in watching that game. It means absolutely nothing. I'll watch the Penguin game instead. I'm sure Sports Center will show the whole damn game the morning, afternoon and night afterwards....Zzzz....Zzzz....Zzzz.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #19
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
I think it's high time that harp is busted into a million pieces.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:56 PM   #20
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidsteelerfan View Post
On another note, could someone please tell me when the last time a "PERFECT SEASON" included getting caught cheating?
[YOUTUBE]TylvUGJIi_w[/YOUTUBE]