Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-30-2005, 09:40 AM   #21
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583
Default Re: Ok, Im calling for it, a change at RB.

Lendale will be a better back than Reggie Bush (if he even is a RB in the NFL). If we could snag him in the first that would be nice. He is one of those not top 10 but I see him between 10 and 20 which I do not think he will fall to us.

Its amazing how we all were so high on Willie but like much has been said he doesnt fit and I do nto think he would fit on any NFL team as a feature back. He is more of a Reggie Bush type not sure how his hand are but maybe put Staley or Bettis behind the QB and put Willie in the slot and let him stretch defense's. Something that we are not able to do which makes all the backs in the Burgh hurt for yardage.

Either that or put in the track star Q and ditch Wilson!

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:53 AM   #22
Steel Fury
Water Boy

Member Number: 487

I'm glad to see that others agree with me that Willie is not an every down back. I like the guy but he can't carry our team. Duce is the one that has me upset. All that money and he plays 10 plays. He should be our workhorse. If they were saving him, we kind of have our backs to the wall now we need something with our running game. 1st round draft pick OL, 2nd rd DL, 3rd rd RB
Old 11-30-2005, 01:43 PM   #23
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

There is no way they use a pick in the first on a OL I do not think they are that bad at line they just need some depth. When Duce came to the burgh a few years back I hated every part of the move. Way to much money for a very injury prone back. Let Bettis and staley go to work or maybe more of Veron Haynes I like what I have seen from him in the past.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 04:25 PM   #24
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Figg mentioned this in a post in another thread and I was thinking the same thing earlier too so I thought it deserved its own thread....

I know our OL is nothing but a bunch of turnstyles these days, but when you have this you need a power back who can help make their own holes and power thru tackles.

Duce is the starter.
Jerome is the back up and comes in on goal line and short yardage like last year.
Willie is the 3rd down back. The guy can be amazing in spot duty for us especially on 3rd down.

I like willie alot, but he's just not getting it done and its not all his fault w/ our OL being sub par so far. When you need a boost, you need to get back to the Steeler power running game w/ Duce and Bettis and do what we do best. In that situation, a 3rd down back, Willie can be an excellent option.
Doesn't look like its going to happen. According to Cowher Willie will be the starter on Sun.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote