Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #11
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150
Default Re: Patriots' Historic Game to Be Available to All of America, After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Maybe Belichick will rest everybody. So the hundreds of reporters and networks on scene will all look ridiculous.
I think only the NFLN reporters will be their, its being simulcast on CBS and NBC....IMO they should either do that for all NFLN games or none, don't make special exceptions...
Old 12-26-2007, 11:59 PM   #12
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Patriots' Historic Game to Be Available to All of America, After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
They can put it on 100 channels, I won't be watching.
Luckly for me.

1.) I have to be in Washington on Saturday for a wedding and will not be watching said game.

2.) Penn State plays in the Alamo Bowl. So for those of you who are sick of the pats, Penn State and Texas A&M are going to be on at 8. You can watch two football teams who aren't a headache to put up with. Just good ol fashion football without a Patriots related subject.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:50 AM   #13
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

im not defending the patriots at all but what would expect for a team that may go 16-0? if the steelers were on the verge of going undeafted and were only gonna to be on the nfl network wouldnt the fans that couldnt see the game want the nfl to do something about it?
Old 12-27-2007, 01:03 AM   #14
CASTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 884

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
im not defending the patriots at all but what would expect for a team that may go 16-0? if the steelers were on the verge of going undeafted and were only gonna to be on the nfl network wouldnt the fans that couldnt see the game want the nfl to do something about it?
NFLN, NBC & CBS - that's a bit much..... yeah, sure, I'd be pissed if it were the Steelers and I didn't have NFLN - but the fact that they are putting it on all three of those networks means only $$ is the motive..... it's ridiculous. They don't even do that for the Superbowl - so, suddenly the Patsies are bigger than the Superbowl?
Old 12-27-2007, 08:52 AM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Luckly for me.

1.) I have to be in Washington on Saturday for a wedding and will not be watching said game.
Washington D.C. or Washington state?

EDIT: Never mind - it's probably Washington, PA.

Last edited by fansince'76; 12-27-2007 at 09:07 AM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:53 AM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
However, I think he is so ticked at being caught, that he wants to bury the story of cheating by going undefeated...

Unfortunately, it is working.
Doesn't work for me. Once a cheat, always a cheat. Whether the Cheatsies go all the way to the SB or not, their record will always be tainted in my eyes and I will never respect Beliprick as an NFL coach.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:01 AM   #17
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

8 o'clock Saturday Night? I can literally think of 3 million things I'd rather do that watch that media *****fest.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #18
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Washington D.C. or Washington state?

EDIT: Never mind - it's probably Washington, PA.
Actually it's Washington, DC.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTEEL View Post
NFLN, NBC & CBS - that's a bit much..... yeah, sure, I'd be pissed if it were the Steelers and I didn't have NFLN - but the fact that they are putting it on all three of those networks means only $$ is the motive..... it's ridiculous. They don't even do that for the Superbowl - so, suddenly the Patsies are bigger than the Superbowl?
NFL was getting pressure from Congress - lots of Pats fans in Vermont could not get the game on NFLN and their Senator (Leahy) is chairman of Senate Judiciary Committee and was threatening to hold hearings on the league's anti-trust exemption if the game was not put on over the air TV

The decision to have NBC and CBS give the NFL Network the exposure it has so far lacked came in the face of mounting Congressional pressure, a threat to examine the antitrust exemption the National Football League has to negotiate its television contracts.

?I think the pressure was one thing and that had an impact,? said Pat Bowlen, the owner of the Denver Broncos. ?But you look at the significance of the game, of New England possibly going undefeated, and we wanted it to be seen by the whole country.?

Representative Joseph Courtney, Democrat of Connecticut, praised the decision by N.F.L. Commissioner Roger Goodell to expand the game?s availability. Without the simulcasts, tens of thousands of fans in the state ? which has loyalties divided between the Patriot and the Giants ? would not have seen the game.

?It was the right pressure point for Congress to step in and say to the N.F.L., ?You?re a protected industry and you have to look out for the best interests of the fans,?? he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/27/sp...tml?ref=sports
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:37 AM   #20
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
But you look at the significance of the game, of New England possibly going undefeated, and we wanted it to be seen by the whole country.
Yep, it certainly hasn't been enough that we've had to listen to Patriots knob-slobbing EVERY GAME this season, whether the Pats were playing in it or not, has it?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote