Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-29-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Does This Make Sense???

18 and 2 in regular season games.....I'll take Ben over any quarterback in the league right now to build my franchise around.....Yes there are better qb. out there but Ben is young..and i said to build my franchise around.......
Ben has brought the steelers from behind 7 times.........if you take that he has played 20 regular season games and only losing 2 of them(Pats, and Colts). This would mean that Ben has been behind in 9 total games, bringing us back 7 times and losing 2 times. When we are losing Ben brings us back 77.7 percent of the time.......I like thoes odds. Also, to anyone who wants to doubt Ben.....He played 20 regular season games and lost the the Pats and the Colts......two very good team........
If our offensive line could do their job our team will be fine.....you cant run or pass when the defenders are in the backfield...........
STEELERS #1
WE MUST WIN THIS WEEK

Last edited by BIGBENFASTWILLIE; 11-29-2005 at 11:29 PM.
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:31 AM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Does This Make Sense???

In my opinion Big Ben still has alot to prove and learn - QB's can still play at their peak well into their 30's so I dont think your franchise QB has to be in only his 2nd year.

I think he has alot of talent, and we have seen glimpses of it on the rare occasions the Cowher has given him a decent shot - but there are a number of QB's I would take above Big Ben.

1. Tom Brady - come on tell me you didnt see this one coming!
2. Peyton Manning - certainly has the physical tools.
3. Carson Palmer - the sheer weight of passing he has done means he is slightly further along the learning curve than Ben.

I really need to see Ben win a game by throwing 40 times, when it is needed of course, in order to properly evaluate him - I doubt we will see this in the Cowher era though.

regards

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 04:34 AM   #3
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Ben has a damn good arm. He is smart and manages the game well. He is cool, and doesn`t really seem to get rattled. This past week how could he not be a little rusty? It is now time to let him play the qb role, like he was intended to do. Steelers let him play!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:17 AM   #4
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Peyton is a product of the Colts off scheme and that is all. If you through off his timing patterns (what the Pats have been able to do to beat them) he is not so good. On top of that, change his receivers and the comfort and timing is gone and he is not so good either. The only things that keeps him high on the talent scale are he is able to read the defense better than most (although he did look confused against us at times) and he is pretty accurate. I think Brady is better. I Also think that Palmer, Ben and Eli are the next great QB's with Ben being the top of that group. He is better in the pocket with less tools. He completes a higher percentage of his passes. His is just physically stronger in all aspects. Fortunately for him, this team was/is able to bring him along without throwing him into the fire (like Eli). He is definately farther along in development in his second year than the other 2, just look at his pocket presence under pressure. Eli still forces it and Palmer gets rattled.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Ben does what we ask, and thats what we need. He's got a long time to develop and a good QB coach to help him, Im perfectly content with him for the long haul.... but one wonders what even more he could do w/ a head coach that actually let him use all his talents!!!!!!!!!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:06 PM   #6
StillerPaul
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE
18 and 2 in regular season games.....I'll take Ben over any quarterback in the league right now to build my franchise around.....Yes there are better qb. out there but Ben is young..and i said to build my franchise around.......
Ben has brought the steelers from behind 7 times.........if you take that he has played 20 regular season games and only losing 2 of them(Pats, and Colts). This would mean that Ben has been behind in 9 total games, bringing us back 7 times and losing 2 times. When we are losing Ben brings us back 77.7 percent of the time.......I like thoes odds. Also, to anyone who wants to doubt Ben.....He played 20 regular season games and lost the the Pats and the Colts......two very good team........
If our offensive line could do their job our team will be fine.....you cant run or pass when the defenders are in the backfield...........
STEELERS #1
WE MUST WIN THIS WEEK

Excellent post, IMO. My only fear is that this conservative style offense will hold Ben back somewhat. How do you guys feel about it?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:08 PM   #7
StillerPaul
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
In my opinion Big Ben still has alot to prove and learn - QB's can still play at their peak well into their 30's so I dont think your franchise QB has to be in only his 2nd year.

I think he has alot of talent, and we have seen glimpses of it on the rare occasions the Cowher has given him a decent shot - but there are a number of QB's I would take above Big Ben.

1. Tom Brady - come on tell me you didnt see this one coming!
2. Peyton Manning - certainly has the physical tools.
3. Carson Palmer - the sheer weight of passing he has done means he is slightly further along the learning curve than Ben.

I really need to see Ben win a game by throwing 40 times, when it is needed of course, in order to properly evaluate him - I doubt we will see this in the Cowher era though.

regards

NM
Good point. We will not get to see Ben in any shootouts for at least a few years IMO.