Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #1
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Steelers pep rally being held today

Steelers pep rally being held today
By The Tribune-Review
Friday, January 4, 2008

A pep rally for Saturday's playoff game between the Steelers and Jacksonville Jaguars will be held at noon today in the courtyard of the Allegheny County Courthouse, Downtown.

"We want everyone to show Steelers pride by donning black and gold," said county Chief Executive Dan Onorato, who is hosting the event with Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl.

Participants are asked to bring black-and-gold Steelers items and memorabilia to adorn the Terrible Tree in the courtyard, as well as canned goods and nonperishable food items to donate to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.

Rallies in front of the "Tree" were started by late Mayor Bob O'Connor during the Steelers' drive to Super Bowl XL.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_545821.html
Old 01-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Steelers pep rally being held today

Pep Rally Pumps Up Steelers Fans

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― With a Steelers playoff game against the Jacksonville Jaguars just around the corner, city and county officials hoped a pep rally this afternoon would drum up fan support for the team.

Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl and Allegheny County Executive Dan Onorato decided to resurrect the "Terrible Tree" pep rally.

It got underway just around noon today in the courtyard at the Allegheny County Courthouse.

The biggest draw to the rally was decorating the Steelers Terrible Tree located in the courtyard.

One fan said she believes her decorations bring the team luck.

"This is the second year I've come down. I put buttons on in the same place every time I come down," she said. "I'm ready for this year."

Fans were also asked to wear their black and gold to help cheer on the team this weekend in the AFC Wildcard game.

Officials also asked those in attendance to bring a canned good or non-perishable food item to be donated to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.

The Steelers play host to the Jaguars at 8 p.m. Saturday at Heinz Field.

Clip of rally: http://kdka.com/sports/Steelers.pep.rally.2.623056.html

WARNING: At 1:02 on the clip, I believe I spotted one of those infamous yuppies waving a terrible towel.