Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-03-2005, 12:14 AM   #1
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed
Default CJohnson on Ike

?Yeah, I can?t wait,? said Johnson. ?Ike is now, like I said last time when the game ended, one of the best cover corners in the league. Any time a coach has the trust to put a defensive back on an island with one of the best receivers in the league, that puts him in a category of his own. I said it last time, and I?m going to stick with it. I?m looking forward to the challenge.?

I am starting to not hate Johnson so much, used to think he was just like TO but he is actually entertaining now days instead a jerk like TO. I hope Ike ruins his TD dance he has planned for this weekend
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:48 AM   #2
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Default Re: CJohnson on Ike

I think Chad is more for the fun of things where as TO is just for the me & money aspect. Very cool of him to give Ike props. I am with you Rotor. I hope Ike ruins Chad's TD dance.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 01:15 AM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

As much as I hate the dancing and the show boating to the extreme that players do these days. I must admit if there is one I can stomach its Chad, only because he seems to have fun w/ it where as TO is nothing more than personal gain and just plain being stupid!!!!!

Still though, its even better when Hines Ward does it
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 02:31 AM   #4
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

yeah i don't think chad should ever be compared to t.o. unless it's on the field stuff........chad is in no way a cancer to his team, and he makes the game fun to watch.........hopefully ike will shut him down again
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:46 AM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I seen the good and the bad with Chad in the Colts game - after his TD he ran back to the sidelines and proposed to shocked cheerleader - moments after he was seen scribbling madly onto a bit of card...this is gonna be funny I thought to myself...unfortunately it turned out to be written support for the Uber-Chump T.O........

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:51 AM   #6
steeler47
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 663

Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers

Bengals WR Chad Johnson vs. Steelers CB Ike Taylor
It wasn't that long ago (Week 7, as a matter of fact) that Taylor put the Bengals' mouthy and talented wide receiver in his place in the Steelers' victory in Paul Brown Stadium. Johnson came into the game with five touchdown receptions in the previous five games and left with none against the Steelers' young secondary that included Taylor starting for the first time. Johnson caught four passes for 94 yards, only the second time all season that he was held to fewer than five. Now, Johnson has a two-game streak of catching a scoring strike from QB Carson Palmer, and Taylor is coming off a quick torching by QB Peyton Manning and WR Marvin Harrison - an 80-touchdown pass on the first play from scrimmage in the Colts' decisive victory against the Steelers on Monday night. Taylor, actually, played well after that, with Harrison catching only three more passes for 48 yards the rest of the game. But with the sorry state of the Steelers' offense, one big play from Johnson and Palmer on Sunday in Heinz Field could be all that's necessary to lead the Bengals to a big victory and a two-game lead in the AFC North. How Taylor plays against Johnson - from the first play to the last - will decide this game.
Bengals QB Carson Palmer vs. Steelers SS Troy Polamalu
The two were housemates as college teammates at Southern Cal. Polamalu is 3-0 in head-to-head games against Palmer as pros. Polamalu, who had five tackles in the first game this season, seems to know what Palmer is going to do on almost every play. In the game at Pittsburgh last season, Palmer's first start against the Steelers, Polamalu intercepted Palmer and returned the ball 26 yards for a touchdown, running over Palmer at the goal line. Polamalu's score gave the Steelers their final points in a 28-17 victory with just 2:03 remaining. In the second game last season, Polamalu had five tackles and was credited with a pass break-up against Palmer. The Bengals need to keep Polamalu in check against both the run and the pass. "I know personally what kind of leader and what kind of athlete he is," Palmer said of his former college teammate. "He can do anything he wants. What goes with Troy goes into the game. They're going to have a couple wrinkles and a couple new pressures here and there. With Troy's versatility, whether it's rushing passer, stopping the run, covering, dropping deep into coverage, whatever it is, he does well. They can pretty much do anything with him."

The PITTSBURGH STEELERS...2006 WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!
steeler47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:33 AM   #7
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Johnson is TOAST this weekend.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote