Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #41
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: The Morning After . . . . .

if we dont get that offensive line fixed then we will see ben on crutches with a torn acl or something. there is no sense in him having to run for his life on almost every play. i know that he does try to extend the play when there is nothing there, but if he had an offensive line that could hold and give him time he wouldnt have been running around the field.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:07 AM   #42
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
How is everyone doing today?

I thought I would wake up and have that "hungover" feeling (though I wasn't drinking last night!), but I don't. Yes, I am disappointed that our Steelers fell short in a game that turned into quite the dog fight (not the Vick variety) but the sadness I felt last night is gone. Seeing Mike Tomlin's post-game interview brought tears to my eyes as I saw tears in his eyes and his voice was different than I had ever heard it, but that couple of minutes really showed me what this man is made of and I couldn't be happier or prouder to have him as the HC of the team I have loved for decades.

I'm already looking forward so much to next season. This team has a good offensive nucleus (Ben, FWP, Hines, Santo, Miller), and the rebuilding process with regard to the OL and ST's will be beginning. Our D got hit very hard with injuries (Clark, Troy, Smith) this season and I believe in my heart that much brighter days are ahead!
Good post...I really do hope brighter days are ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #43
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

As a Steeler fan this loss still stings but in the end I don't think our team would be any match against the cheatriots given our ST's and injuries so Good Luck to Jax next week. If I could wish for anything as a future steeler fan it would be to never have to watch our Offense go into a shell on a drive that they could run out the clock and win the game with. GO STEELERS in 08!!!!!
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #44
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

To be honest HTG, I'm looking forward to the offseason. This season has been emotionally challenging, especially in the second half - since the ratbird game.

I'll take this offseason and work on my relationships with my wife, my children, my coworkers (once I'm gainfully employeed FT again), and most importantly my relationship with Christ which I have let fall to the wayside over the last few months.

And then come late April I'll wake up for the draft picks and then I'll idle into training camp - unless my wife gets me my birthday/father's day gift which is a trip to the Steelers Men's Fantasy Camp! That will change the mood a lot!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #45
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

We are Steelers fans. We've seen them lose a Superbowl, 4 or 5 recent year AFC Title games, harder losses in the playoffs when our team wasn't so Banged up or under performing. Going in, we knew it was going to be a tough game, not like the jags were a walkover team that beat us, like losing to the Browns or something.

So it sux yes...but we will reload and be back. And the League knows it.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #46
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
To be honest HTG, I'm looking forward to the offseason. This season has been emotionally challenging, especially in the second half - since the ratbird game.

I'll take this offseason and work on my relationships with my wife, my children, my coworkers (once I'm gainfully employeed FT again), and most importantly my relationship with Christ which I have let fall to the wayside over the last few months.

And then come late April I'll wake up for the draft picks and then I'll idle into training camp - unless my wife gets me my birthday/father's day gift which is a trip to the Steelers Men's Fantasy Camp! That will change the mood a lot!!!
It has been a roller coaster ride emotionally for all of us Steelers fans this season, no doubt about it and I'm sure the team and coaches feel the same way.

Enjoy the offseason!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #47
bestmike26
Water Boy

Member Number: 7742

Well the look of shock is still on my face!!!!!! The conservative calls at the end of the game should really bring tears as we had a chance to put them away and choose to run 3 running plays .....Ouch!!!! Hope Tomlins see's this as lesson learned .....
bestmike26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #48
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903

HTG -

Good post. :)

I was very happy to see the Steelers come back to a winning record and vastly improve many aspects of the game. This team is explosive on both sides of the ball. With some improvements on the offense, we should be much better next year.

I am very much looking forward to the Tomlin era in that this man shows so much heart for this team.

Do you have a link of the post-game interview?
Old 01-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #49
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

I dont really feel there are alot of holes to fill, a Center and guard to replace Faneca. some depth at OL and DL. Alot of ST help and we should be good IMO. Our Def was back this game, and having Smith back will put us #1 again. Our core skill players are some of the best. Our linebackers look to be set for several year (even if Timmons doesnt pan out) We have great DB's and Safeties with some up and coming depth. I am looking forward to next season for sure. I am sure (barring any injuries) we will be even better.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #50
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
I dont really feel there are alot of holes to fill, a Center and guard to replace Faneca. some depth at OL and DL. Alot of ST help and we should be good IMO. Our Def was back this game, and having Smith back will put us #1 again. Our core skill players are some of the best. Our linebackers look to be set for several year (even if Timmons doesnt pan out) We have great DB's and Safeties with some up and coming depth. I am looking forward to next season for sure. I am sure (barring any injuries) we will be even better.

This franchise really only needs to grab a few pieces and the project is complete. I really like the new system, but the line needs some vast improvements. Then we should be able to make a really good run for it.