Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-10-2008, 05:41 PM   #11
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Faneca, Harrison and Polamalu Selected to Associated Press All-Pro Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan93 View Post
yea okay that is Funny Troy Does not Deserve it okay yea he had Injuries Really did not see him miss To Many Tackles this year, But damn I can Remeber when he came back he made some plays against New England think he was the only person Playing in that game Well wait I guess PEople Forget that, So Keep Thinking what you all do come on Now people Use the Brain God gave you Troy was Hurt and Still played and Still GAve 100% he is Still the best in the NFL at his Postion so damn you all should just jump shit and go to New England

I really am not sure what your saying here. I'm not trying to be ugly, just having a hard time understanding your thoughts because of the grammar. So if I misunderstand you, please know that is why.

Troy play decently while he was in, but he did not play at the level that would put him as the number 1 or number 2 safety in the league right now. I hope he gets back to that level. However, I am worried about durability because this is the second year in a row that he has been injured to the point where he has missed games and had a significant portion of the year affected.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #12
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,207 Times in 3,233 Posts
Default Re: Faneca, Harrison and Polamalu Selected to Associated Press All-Pro Team

Dr. Z of SI has his All-Pro team online

Dr. Z, who was a college lineman way back in the day, rates the guards this way:

GUARDS (Logan Mankins, Jason Brown) Mankins was my favorite guard last year, and this one, too. He's got it all, brains, quickness, meanness. I saw him have only one tough game, and that was against Haloti Ngata of the Ravens, but everyone has trouble trying to move that guy. It's like blocking something out of a quarry.

A sleeper, Brown of the Ravens, ran away with my other position. A different type. He's a 6-3, 320-pound bowling ball, and when he hits 'em, they fly. If I needed any convincing at all on him, and I really didn't, it came against the Patriots, when he just about put a hole in Richard Seymour's chest.

People occasionally ask me for my scoring numbers on the linemen, and I don't mind providing them, except for the tackles because they're embarrassingly low. But here are the grades for my top guards: Mankins 5.5; Brown 5.3; Hutchinson of the Vikings, a little slower, a little less sure footed than my pair, 4.7; Lilja of the Colts 3.7; the Redskins' Pete Kendall, who had a terrific game at Green Bay, 3.6; Pittsburgh's Faneca, not as young nor as balanced as he used to be, 3.5; Andrews of Philly 3.2.

If you're sad that your favorite Pro Bowler isn't mentioned, it's because I started grading him, realized that he'd never make it, and gave it up before I'd gotten every look.

Looks like Dr.Z has actually watched Faneca's play this year rather than voting himAll-Pro by default.

As for Silverback, Dr. Z. is a fan

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS (Lance Briggs, DeMarcus Ware) Generally I try to have one cover guy and one rusher. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way. This year it did. My top cover man was Briggs, who held up well in a defense that got overrun at times. Then, in order, came Sims of Detroit, Crowell of Buffalo and Hawk of Green Bay. My favorite hybrid type -- sometimes rush, sometimes drop, was Harrison of Pittsburgh, followed by Dansby of Arizona and the Patriots' Vrabel,

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ll.pros/1.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #13
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit View Post
Despite the injury, Wille Parker should have made "at the very least" the 2nd team.

I also believe that Jeff Reed has been snubbed by both the Pro Bowl and All-Pro ballots. Perfect on extra points for the season, missed only 2 field goals all season, one from 65 yards in Denver, and a 40 some yarder against Miami in those weather conditions.

There's no way that Mike Vrabel belongs on this team. His reputation was built while acting as a "goaline eligible receiver" that defenders fail to cover. He's a BUM!
Agreed! Willie should easily have made it over Taylor! That was an oversight to say the least!

Jeff "Money" Reed just goes about his business without any notoriety to be heard.

Vrabel doesn't impress at all. That vote is pure sewage sludge. Who the hell, in their right mind, would vote Vrabel? Please!

Silverback, Probowl! Damn straight!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:37 PM   #14
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

The problem is that Troy was incredible for 2004 and 2005 and raised the expectation level a ton for the rest of his career.

He did have a down year this year and I am worried about the amount of injuries he in having the past 2 seasons. The way he throws his body around, it is just taking it's toll on him.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote