Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #21
msafford
Starter

Location: Perrysburg, OH (grew up in Lisbon, OH- 50 miles from Pittsburgh)
Member Number: 2447
Default Re: QB Class of 2004 is proving to be pretty successful

What grinds my gears is all the current hoopla surrounding Eli. He had ONE good playoff game. He couldn't hold Big Ben's jock. Rivers looks like the guy that just installed my toilet. Any marginal success he's is because of a halfway decent O-line, and of course LT. I lost what little respect I had for Phillip Rivers when I saw the clips of him taunting. I know, I know....everyone does it, but he just looked the part of the little punk that waited to say some shit until he had all his buddies right behind him. Eli....well I just feel sorry for him. He just looks like a weiner.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:28 AM   #22
rpv
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3308
Default Re: QB Class of 2004 is proving to be pretty successful

The biggest difference between the three is Ben's escapability. Put the other two behind the steelers OL last yr and we would have been contending with the Ratbirds for the bottom of the division. This yr also proved that Ben is the only one in that class that could play with some consistency. Even when he has an off day as in the first half of the Jacksonville game he bounces back well. That is the quality of a great QB.

Happy that the draft that yr went our way. Thank Eli and his family for crying about playing in SD!!!!

PS: I hope he takes out a hefty life insurance this off season if the steelers do nothing to shore up that OL. Judging from Tomlins comments it does not look well for any reasonable free agency acquisition.
rpv is offline   Reply With Quote