Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-14-2008, 03:43 AM   #51
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Do we need a new Punter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
Sorry, didn't mean to hit sore spot. I didn't say you needed to be doom and gloom, but there are some here that seem to not be able find any fault with this team.
The constant at least were not 8-8 and a trainwreck. At least it's better than last year, is no better than the constant wanting to fire this coach or cut this guy crap.

This team needs to get a LOT better before next seaonor we will be looking at a losing season adn having this forum overrun with Browns fans celebrating in our misery.
I was with you right up until this last line. I have been pointing out our faults where I see them. However, I choose to point out the good as well. I don't think we have to get A LOT better. We have 2 key areas we must improve in. Our O line has to butch up fast, and our ST's. Our defense played well until the end. I think that was more a conditioning/age issue, which is going to be solved in the offseason with younger players at that position.

Yes, we have a much tougher schedule. But we have the ability to play it well. Furthermore, most of the teams in our division play over half of the teams on our schedule anyway. So things will even out.

Quote:
I'm a pretty optimistic person, who at times gets quite upset by bad losses. As someone stated in another thread FAN is short for fanatic so don't be surprised if losing gets me down.
Everyone experiences a let down when their team loses. I am usually affected for about an hour afterwards. Then I remember, it has absolutely no affect on my personal life, nor do I suffer the effects of the loss. What gets some of us, is the people who come in here... and immediately go to work ripping up this guy and that guy, sounding as if they are God's gift of wisdom to the football world, when all they really are... are couch potato coaches... just like I am. THAT kind of negativity is hurtful to a fanbase... it is hurtful to a community (such as this board is), and frankly, it is hurtful to a persons own psyche. It drives off other people from wanting to post around here. I can understand being ticked... I can understand questioning calls... What I can't understand is the all or nothing thinking.

Quote:
I don't believe Dan is a problem, the coverage units are the problem.
Absolutely. I would like to see how much time Sep has to get the punts off as well, and how much time he takes... there may be an issue there that can be fixed, either the blocking may be bad making Sep. rush, or maybe Sep is taking an extra second or two of wasted movement,. which is allowing teams to get in and almost block him. Either way, i have seen too many close calls this year.

But hey, OUR PUNTER HAS NEVER BEEN BLOCKED!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote