Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #111
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Huckabee: Amend Constitution to be in 'God's standards'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Our economy is facing the very real possibility of a recession. We have a war that's costing thousands of American lives and billions of American dollars. We have an immigration crisis that's tearing some states to pieces. And in spite of all that, there are still people in this country that place issues like abortion and language above that.

So yes, people who want to ignore the 500lb elephant in the room are being stupid and short sighted. Like I said before, language, abortion, and marriage will not fix the economy or the war on terror. It's like putting new tires on a car with no engine. You have to have priorities.
As I'm sure there are people who want to put those issues above the war, recession, immigration and other bigger "elephant" issues, never in my statements have I insinuated that they be placed at such a level. My only purpose for putting them out there as that they are issues that also need to be addressed and they won't go away, IF and when the new president addresses the before mentioned issues at hand.

I feel pretty confident that if a poll were taken that very few would put language, marriage, and/or abortion ahead of the "elephant" issues.

However, with that being said, there are three things that come to mind. One is that while presidential hopefuls will speak about all these issues and make promises about how they will be fixed, seldom in recent years has any president made strides (other than to line the pockets of their friends) to fix these issues. Two, candidates will be vague in their stance on the "elephant" issues and skate around the minor issues. And three, most people that I speak with on a daily basis - while concerned about those same "elephant" issues we speak of today - will use the minor issues as part of their voting decision. Therefore, they just can't be swept under the rug just because there's an elephant in the room.

And just like with Mosca, I appreciate your maintaining a civil approach to our discussion. Your ideas and thoughts give me things to think about when going to the polls next week.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #112
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

The more I read this this thread and try my darnedest to make jokes in it, it still amazes me how some people feel the President who ever is elected by the Electorial College is, (not by the people BTW) they will not keep a single promise, they can not. the do not make the laws, Congress makes the laws. not they can circumvent congress and issue a Presidential Order to change some things like Bush, Clinton,Ragan heck they all have to the best of my knowledge. Clinton's was the most blatant, taking money from the wildlife funds (ftaxes sportman places on themselves for the preservation of wildlife and land) and giving it to anti-gun people (Brady Campaign).

I still Like what Perot said make them all drive thier own cars and go to the voters for a raise, not themselves. Also put them on Social Security like the rest of us and see how long it takes to fix the problem.

But that is my opinion again, is it 5:00pm somwhere yet?

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #113
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroysBadDawg View Post
The more I read this this thread and try my darnedest to make jokes in it, it still amazes me how some people feel the President who ever is elected by the Electorial College is, (not by the people BTW) they will not keep a single promise, they can not. the do not make the laws, Congress makes the laws. not they can circumvent congress and issue a Presidential Order to change some things like Bush, Clinton,Ragan heck they all have to the best of my knowledge. Clinton's was the most blatant, taking money from the wildlife funds (ftaxes sportman places on themselves for the preservation of wildlife and land) and giving it to anti-gun people (Brady Campaign).

I still Like what Perot said make them all drive thier own cars and go to the voters for a raise, not themselves. Also put them on Social Security like the rest of us and see how long it takes to fix the problem.

But that is my opinion again, is it 5:00pm somwhere yet?
My point being is that you never hear a president come out and say, I've submitted the following to congress as part of my campaign trail but congress won't push it through without XYZ corrections to them. Personally I'd like to someone do that just once, ok twice!

At least let me know you tried something and then I can focus my aggravation on the other problem in DC - the so called officals that are there to do things for me (LOL)

And oh, by all means - please bring on the jokes.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote