Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617
Default AMERICA'S GENEROSITY HAS PASSED THE STUPID LINE!

Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas is a fairly famous institution and for a variety of reasons:

1. John F. Kennedy died there in 1963
2. Lee Harvey Oswald died there shortly after
3. Jack Ruby-who killed Lee Harvey Oswald, died there a few years later...by coincidence

"On the flip side, Parkland is also home to the second busiest maternity ward in the country with almost 16,000 new babies arriving each year. (That's almost 44 per day---every day)

A recent patient survey indicated that 70 percent of the women who gave birth at Parkland in the first three months of 2006 were illegal immigrants. That's 11,200 anchor babies born every year just in Dallas

According to the article, the hospital spent $70.7 million delivering 15,938 babies in 2004 but managed to end up with almost $8 million dollars in surplus funding. Medicaid kicked in $34.5 million, Dallas County taxpayers kicked in $31.3 million and the feds tossed in another $9.5 million.

The average patient in Parkland is maternity wards is 25 years old, married and giving birth to her second child. She is also an illegal immigrant. By law, pregnant women cannot be denied medical care based on their immigration status or ability to pay.

OK, fine. That doesn't mean they should receive better care than everyday, middle-class American citizens. But at Parkland Hospital , they do. " Parkland Memorial Hospital has nine prenatal clinics. NINE.

The Dallas Morning News article followed a Hispanic woman who was a patient at one of the clinics and pregnant with her third child---her previous two were also born at Parkland. Her first two deliveries were free and the Mexican native was grateful because it would have cost $200 to have them in Mexico . This time, the hospital wants her to pay $10 per visit and $100 for the delivery but she was unsure if she could come up with the money. Not that it matters, the hospital won't turn her away. (I wonder why they even bother asking
at this point.)

"How long has this been going on? What are the long-term affects?

Well, another subject of the article was born at Parkland in 1986 shortly after her mother entered the US illegally - now she is having her own child there as well. (That's right, she's technically a US citizen.)

These women receive free prenatal care including medication, nutrition, birthing classes and child care classes. They also get freebies such as car seats, bottles, diapers and formula.

Most of these things are available to American citizens as well but only for low-income applicants and even then, the red tape involved is almost insurmountable.

Because these women are illegal immigrants, they do not have to provide any sort of legitimate identification - no proof of income. An American citizen would have to provide a social security number which would reveal their annual income - an illegal immigrant need only claim to be poor and the hospital must take them at their word. Parkland Hospital offers indigent care to Dallas County residents who earn less than $40,000 per year. (They also have to prove that they did not refuse health coverage at their current job. Yeah, the 'free' care is not so easy for Americans.) There are about 140 patients who received roughly $4 million dollars for un-reimbursed medical care.. As it turns out, they did not qualify for free treatment because they resided outside of Dallas County so the hospital is going to sue them!

Illegals get it all free!

But U. S citizens who live outside of Dallas County get sued! How stupid is this?

As if that isn't annoying enough, the illegal immigrant patients are actually complaining about hospital staff not speaking Spanish. In this AP story, the author speaks with a woman who is upset that she had to translate comments from the hospital staff into Spanish for her husband. The doctor was trying to explain the situation to the family and the mother was forced to translate for her husband who only spoke Spanish. This was apparently a great injustice to her.

In an attempt to create a Spanish-speaking staff, Parkland Hospital is now providing incentives in the form of extra pay for applicants who speak Spanish. Additionally, medical students at the University of Texas Southwestern for which Parkland Hospital is the training facility will now have a Spanish language requirement added to their already jammed-packed curriculum. No other school in the country boasts such a ridiculous multi-semester (multicultural) requirement.

(Sorry for the length, but this needs wide circulation particularly to our
"employees" in Congress.)

Remember that this is only ONE hospital is Dallas , Texas . There are many more hospitals across our country that also have to deal with this.

If you want to verify accuracy:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/parkland.asp

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: AMERICA'S GENEROSITY HAS PASSED THE STUPID LINE!.

Dare I ask about hospitals in Florida?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Dare I ask about hospitals in Florida?
I'm sure when they get their "one time amnesty" that 15 million more illegals won't come flooding in. I can't wait to find out when "white history month" will be.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,288 Times in 470 Posts

"Uncle Sam?" More like "Uncle Sap." The bitching about the staff's inability to speak Spanish is what really ticked me off. They should be happy that they weren't turned over to the USCIS and had their asses kicked back over the border. But of course, our political-correctness-run-amok society will accomodate them.

Last edited by fansince'76; 01-28-2008 at 01:04 PM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

[QUOTE=fansince'76;361360, our political-correctness-run-amok society will accomodate them.[/QUOTE]

WOW - just when I thought being PC couldn't be any more of a P-I-T-A, you take it one step farther.

But what's sad is that you are correct!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: AMERICA'S GENEROSITY HAS PASSED THE STUPID LINE!

I knew the "system" was being milked by the illegals, but holy moly - I NEVER imagined it was to this degree. There are 47 million AMERICANS without health insurance. Our country does not take care of its own- never has and the way it looks - never will. That is beyond pathetic.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I knew the "system" was being milked by the illegals, but holy moly - I NEVER imagined it was to this degree. There are 47 million AMERICANS without health insurance. Our country does not take care of its own- never has and the way it looks - never will. That is beyond pathetic.
Yep, I knew some things in our health care was fishy. For me though, it's just with some groups. I have family working in the health care system. Some of the people I have heard that run their departments can be real boneheads at times.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #8
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

A candidate's stance on illegal immigration will weigh heavily on my decision this time around. There are a lot of pressing issues to address, but this one really needs to be amoung the top priorities... its out of hand.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,120 Times in 1,747 Posts

lol.....this little story is just the BEGINNING......of what our "new little countrymen" () is going to cost taxpayers !!! figure in welfare , medical,and schooling for the NEXT 18 YEARS !!! Then our little countrymen starts breeding like a rat, and starts the cycle all over again.....anyone care to take a wild guess as to what each new one cost taxpayers ???guess

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #10
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

Not to hijack this thread but look at the school systems also. Here in Ohio well Troy we have to show shot records, birth certificates, school records if transfering etc. It you speak a foreigh language, all they are alowed to ask is what grade you want them in. No record request of any kind. Not even green card. The school district must pay for the interpreture for the kids, plus pay for ESL (English Second Language) classes for them also. This is also a crock of crap, then throw in no child left behind, and they wonder why kids are not learning. They have to educate all at the same speed, the speed of the slowest in the class, and the taxpayers pay for it, and the teachers are over worked, under payed, while the administrators get the biggest share of the oney for pushing paper.

Ooops this is just my opinion (the pay part.)

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote