Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #31
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568
Default Re: If You Were Steelers GM?

it would be pretty hard to have small cap room space when we don't spend money.. we spend the money in players.. not just 1 or 2 STARS..

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #32
ohiosteelerfan20
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4962

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 View Post
First off, inferring that my post is dumb is an insult where I come from. But given the next comment in your thread, I realize not to put much stock into anything you have to say. Get your facts straight before you open your mouth. You conveniently left out that Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler and Doug Williams were also SB winning QB's in the "last two decades". But I'm sure those three guys will be beside themselves to find out they are "bound" for the Hall of Fame.
Well, when I said the last two decades, I was refering to the 90's and this decade. And yea I for got about Rypien. The names that I was thinking about were Farve, Aikman, Brady, Manning, Young, Simms, and Elway. You may not like Ben, for what ever reason, but it is not even debatable, big name QBs winSBs.
ohiosteelerfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #33
steel65
Water Boy

Member Number: 8134

If I was gm i would sign ben draft 2 o line first try to get samuels as free agent from N.E. Draft tall receiver fire special teams coach improve secondary find good back up at tailback who can catch ask timmons for paycut since he can't figure out defensive schemes. and tell hines to keep mouth shut.
steel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #34
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Why didn't you bring up Super Bowl IX or X? That's simple. Because it refutes your point. Go back and look....We didn't need Bradshaw in those games. Your point is still unproven. Without Ben we wouldn't won SB XL? You are so obtuse to believe that. Even if you had said that we wouldn't have made it there without him...well, that's a disagreement. But to say we wouldn't have won it is just plain false. Keep ridin' his jock...and give him credit for things he doesn't deserve. And you are in the overwhelming majority who feel that way. It's just that some fans like yourself can not be objective. And the Rooney's always spend the money? What team have you followed? You're wrong there too!!!
Fine..I'll say it as well. The 74 and 75 Steelers don't win SB IX and X with Mike Kruceck or Joe Gilliam at the helm either. We didn't need Bradshaw in those games?????? Did you watch either game? Minnesota and Dallas were not teams that we could have trotted just anyone out there at QB and beat them...especially Dallas. There has to be a threat to throw the ball in order for the running game to work effectively. Time and time again, that has proven to be true. I guess you think that we could have put Theo Bell in for Stallworth and we wouldn't have missed him either. Unbelievable.

I'll ride Ben's jock as long as it is worth riding. If you think for a minute that Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, Jim Miller, Mike Tomczak, or Kent Graham could have lead this team to a SB XL victory, then I'm not sure what you have been smoking. Ben is the most important player on this team for it to have success. Anyone who has watched this team for the past 4 seasons knows that...or atleast should know that.

Come clean...are you Tom Donahoe?
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:42 AM   #35
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
I can take all the criticism for my opinion, which I'm entitled to. We are all Steeler fans here...for the most part. I didn't realize that being a Steeler fan automatically translates into Ben fan? You all can think he's the team and we're nothing without him but I don't and never will. But giving him "the money he deserves" is only gonna make us weaker than we already are. Where do you think the money is gonna come from? You think the Rooney's are all of a sudden gonna change their spending habits? Don't think so....The team will suffer for signing him to that kind of money. Sit back and watch. For Ben to make more than Brady is a joke.
Sorry dude, but you just do not give up on a franchise-caliber QB. It's sheer lunacy to even consider it. Take that comment any way you want. Ben is NOT the entire team, but he's a damn important part of it. After all of the garbage we've lined up behind center since Bradshaw retired in 1982, do you REALLY want to see another talented QB like Ben playing for another team while we keep suiting up retreads and jabronis? Nevermind, I think I already know the answer to that.

And it's really getting tiring seeing everyone say that the Rooneys don't spend money. If they didn't spend money, then why is it that nearly every single year, they are near or at the salary cap? The Rooneys don't throw gobs of money at one or two players, they spread it around to a bunch of different players, and predictably, everyone perceives it as the Rooneys being cheap. It's complete nonsense.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:11 AM   #36
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Find out how serious Ben was about keeping Faneca and letting him know that to do it he's going to have to sacrifice his own contract numbers. If he agreed, then sign him to a lengthy 7 year deal, sign Faneca, do my best to draft OL to bring up, look at the FA market for DL and DB backups, find a RB gem in the draft to help FWP, and for the love of God NOT DRAFT A WR!!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote