Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-04-2008, 08:30 AM   #1
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Raiders fan response to Pats fans

...saw this on a blog somebody posted. Classic:

on behalf of the Raiders Nation..."YOU GOT TUCKED!" by a half-assed Giants team.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: Raiders fan response to Pats fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
...saw this on a blog somebody posted. Classic:

on behalf of the Raiders Nation..."YOU GOT TUCKED!" by a half-assed Giants team.
Ha, ha... how ironic that the greatest team ever, got their ass woooped by a team with a guy named Tuck on it. You can't make up stuff this good!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

You know, a lot of times the hypothetical question comes up, How would the Patriots of the '00s fare against the Steelers of the '70s?

My answer is, forget the Steelers of the '70s. Today's Pats would get creamed by the Raiders of the '70s. IMO they were one of the great teams of all time. In fact, in talent and types of players at ech position the '70s Raiders were very similar to the '00 Pats.. except they were orders of magnitude meaner. And hit harder. And had more pride, and didn't act like whiners when they lost.

And don't sell the '08 Champs short; they are a lot like our '06 Champs. They did what we did. They earned ever diamond on that ring.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
You know, a lot of times the hypothetical question comes up, How would the Patriots of the '00s fare against the Steelers of the '70s?

My answer is, forget the Steelers of the '70s. Today's Pats would get creamed by the Raiders of the '70s. IMO they were one of the great teams of all time. In fact, in talent and types of players at ech position the '70s Raiders were very similar to the '00 Pats.. except they were orders of magnitude meaner. And hit harder. And had more pride, and didn't act like whiners when they lost.

And don't sell the '08 Champs short; they are a lot like our '06 Champs. They did what we did. They earned ever diamond on that ring.
Thank you for that... I seriously appreciate that.

The Raiders and the Steelers of the 70's were the greatest teams in the history of the NFL... in my opinion.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Thank you for that... I seriously appreciate that.

The Raiders and the Steelers of the 70's were the greatest teams in the history of the NFL... in my opinion.
It's a good thing there was a whistle at the end of 60 minutes, or everyone on the field would have eventually been dead.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
It's a good thing there was a whistle at the end of 60 minutes, or everyone on the field would have eventually been dead.
I believe that. There was no quit in either team. They would have gone on untill they couldn't stand any more. Its a damn shame that football will never see the likes of either, again.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
I believe that. There was no quit in either team. They would have gone on untill they couldn't stand any more. Its a damn shame that football will never see the likes of either, again.
and the hatred those teams had for each other was just awesome......they didn't just play to win, they played to inflict pain on each other....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
and the hatred those teams had for each other was just awesome......they didn't just play to win, they played to inflict pain on each other....
No doubt. There was enough pain inflicted by both teams back then to make the teams of today cry.

I think it says a lot that, if you ask any player from either team of that era, to a man, they all say that the Raiders/ Steelers was their favorite team to play.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #9
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Quote:
It's funny you guys brought up the Steelers/Raiders rivalry of the 70's. Lambert was asked what his worst defeat was on the field. He said the 1976 AFC Championship in Oakland. We were without Franco, Rocky and Frenchy. Leaving only Reggie Harrison. Anyways, Lambert said "give us a 6 pack and 30 minutes of rest and let's play it again." There was so much dislike between these two teams and it was so visible. I don't think I've seen an offense since those years that could take the physicallity of either defense.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #10
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 View Post
It's funny you guys brought up the Steelers/Raiders rivalry of the 70's. Lambert was asked what his worst defeat was on the field. He said the 1976 AFC Championship in Oakland. We were without Franco, Rocky and Frenchy. Leaving only Reggie Harrison. Anyways, Lambert said "give us a 6 pack and 30 minutes of rest and let's play it again." There was so much dislike between these two teams and it was so visible. I don't think I've seen an offense since those years that could take the physicallity of either defense.
That is a great quote. I have watched "The Complete History of The Steelers" DVD, and the same counterpart for the Raiders. That exact same clip of Lambert saying that ,is in both DVD's... I sure do miss those days.