Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-06-2008, 12:59 AM   #11
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150
Default Re: Undefeated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee View Post
w/e... dolphins... i think going undefeated is just like bad luck...

the dolphins went 1-15... ouch... i hope they go 0-16 so they can be the only team in NFL history to go 16-0 and 0-16...
I wouldn't wish that on any team.....well, maybe the patriots, but other then that....
Old 02-06-2008, 01:04 AM   #12
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg View Post
I was listening to espn radio today and i kept hearing how miami is the only team in football history to have EVER gone undefeated..

"no other team in football history has done it, not in the eighties, the sixties, fifties, forties... no other team except the 1972 Dolphins"

try the 1948 Cleveland Browns.. 15-0

http://www.profootballhof.com/histor...undefeated.jsp

In light of yesterdays game, I think it's a huge disrespect that this team is not recognized in the history of the game for what they accomplished.
I'll agree with that, if he was more specific and said something like:

"no other team besides the '72 dolphins has gone undefeated and won the super bowl"

it would be acceptable.
But because he said:
Quote:
"no other team in football history has done it, not in the eighties, the sixties, fifties, forties... no other team except the 1972 Dolphins"
he needs to check his facts before going into stats he doesn't know about.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:54 AM   #13
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
There is just one teeny, tiny little bit of difference. The Steelers were awful forever, then they achieved greatness, and they have managed to at least stay close to that level ever since.

The Browns were once great many, many moons ago. Then they fell far from grace and have never even approached anything like that level of accomplishment since.

No offense, but I've had enough of the Browns fans nonsense. I have to hear it every day. Those glory days are long, long, LONG gone, and there is very little reason to believe that anything will ever change. We are heading into 43 SB's in a row with no Browns teams even making the game, let alone winning it.
the Browns have had some great teams since their entrance into the NFL.... sure, they haven't been to the super bowl, but there've been Browns teams that have gone to the conference championship game. It's not like the Browns have a historical double digit Win/Loss record to any of their opponets, including the Steelers. When I was a kid I watched some great Browns games, some tough losses, but I don't remember them being as horrible as you think to believe. The amount of Browns who made the pro-bowl this year supports my thoughts that there's some great football games to come.