Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,005 Times in 3,038 Posts
Default Re: michael strahans victory parade speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Well of course they do - they didn't get any horseshit calls/no-calls in their favor like they ALWAYS have in big games (cough, tuck rule, cough).
this is what gets me. i was sure all year, that the refs would err on the side of not impacting patriots run to history. i was sure that if it were a close game the refs would always bail them out.

any other game against the pats (and most other teams) they call tyree's miracle catch "incomplete" and let the booth settle the matter.

jacobs run on 4th and 1? that ball is spotted a little shorter in any other pats game this year.

was eli manning in the grasp? that judgement call coulda easilly went in the patriots favor (and wouldve in any other game against them this season).

toomer gets called for pushing off on the facemask in 9 of 10 games against the pats.

the pats d-line is used to getting more holding calls against them.

rules are always enforced in a strange way concerning the patriots.

"tuck rule" hadnt been called in like 32 years, and maybe twice since oak/pats in 01.

pat defenders were allowed to mug the rams in that sb. only after that, did the nfl finally decide they were gonna enforce the 5 yard chuck rule already in place.

pats were allowed to videotape opponents. only when it became public (green bay) did the nfl finally decide to enforce it by issuing a memo before 07.

yet only in the sb to "perfection" did all these things stop going there way.

i think the nfl and refs (along with the rest of the decent human populus) were pretty disgusted with just the notion that the patriots taped a superbowl opponents final practice, let alone the fact that one needs very little evidence to believe its true.

tom brady gives it all away. nobody is that smug, unless they KNOW theyre going to win.

the pats cheating finally caught up to them.