Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #11
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Billiprick excuse for leaving the field

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerSteel View Post
or maybe its true what eli said on letterman last night that maybe he left early to beat traffic. eli actually showed a little character last night. just a little though. pretty funny.
Eli helped to slay the Evil Empire. He's OK in my book.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #12
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Beliprick* didn't fool anyone. He got off that field fast and in a hurry to get to the locker room john to remove that load of shart in his pants.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #13
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default Re: Vrables thoughts on Belliprick leaving the field

Patriots LB Mike Vrabel says coach Bill Belichick did nothing wrong in leaving the field early: ?I think Bill did what any coach would do. He graciously gave them the victory.? [Editor?s note: And then he abandoned his team while there was still one more snap to be taken.] ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...for_belichick/

HONOLULU - Linebacker Mike Vrabel, a first-time Patriots Pro Bowler, vigorously defended coach Bill Belichick's departure from the field with one second left in New England's 17-14 Super Bowl loss to the Giants Sunday.
more stories like this

Belichick's brisk exit has been criticized by many media outlets and commentators and has been monologue fodder for late-night hosts such as David Letterman.

"Their team was on the field, the photographers were on the field. I think Bill did what any coach would do. He graciously gave them the victory," said Vrabel yesterday.

"We're not going to sit out there and steal their victory and celebration. What was Bill going to do? Pull all the photographers off? I think he gave all the credit to the Giants and I don't think anyone was trying to disrespect them. Everybody [on the Patriots] was upset, but when all of those people were on the field, what's Bill Belichick going to do to get them off?"

Vrabel appeared to be hurt in the fourth quarter after diving for a fumble, but he said the incident looked worse than it was.

"I hit my head on the turf," he said. "But we had a timeout, so I don't think I missed any time."

Vrabel, an 11-year veteran whose contract runs until 2009, will turn 33 in August. He's part of an aging linebacker corps that includes Tedy Bruschi (35 in June) and Junior Seau (who recently turned 39).

Was game No. 19 one game too many for them?

"I think when you lose, [age is] always a factor, but when we win, I don't think anyone really cares," said Vrabel. "When we win or make plays, we're experienced. When we lose, we're old. It's as simple as that."

The team's leader in sacks (12 1/2) acknowledged this was a very long season for the over-30 gang.

"We played a lot of snaps," he said. "But we got the guys we got out there. We weren't able to make the play at the end of the game, but I'd still go out there with that same crew and take our chances again."

Asked how much longer he thinks he can play, Vrabel shrugged and said, "I'm going to play until I can't make any more plays."
Old 02-09-2008, 06:04 AM   #14
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,160 Times in 1,342 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

It just go's to show you what kind of classles piece of S_ _T he really is.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #15
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Ya pretty sure pigs can't fly either. He may be a great head coach and some day one of the best, but his behavior is the worst around and i have no respect for this man and how he presents himself.
Put on some real clothes for a game and show respect and stay on the field you big baby......man this dude makes me so mad and so does the whole Pats organization!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote