Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #31
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Re: Steelers may have interest in Justin Smith and Madeau Williams of the Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan4life0655 View Post
hmmmm....smith could fit, but doesnt cincy run a 4-3
Absolutely..
This young man will not be in pittsburgh next year because of that fact or Steelers are planning on switching to the 4-3 completely now. Dont see either one coming to Pittsburgh my self.

Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:39 PM   #32
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Re: Steelers may have interest in Justin Smith and Madieu Williams of the Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
With your assessment of Aaron Smith, you already did put your Steeler knowledge on the line against other fans...and it doesn't look very good. If you follow Steelers football as much as you say you do, there is no way to come to this conclusion.

Face it, you will not find more than 1% of Steeler fans that agree with you on this one.
Spoken from a True Steelers Fan Heart there BlastFurnace.
How could anyone not see how important Smith is to our team defense? Steelpit, I really think you need to go back and watch some Steelers games over the past 4 or 5 years that Smith has been here and you will see how important he is to our team.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #33
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Steelers may have interest in Justin Smith and Madieu Williams of the Bengals

This whole thread just makes me sad. How could so many football fans be so incredibly ignorant of the very game that they proclaim to love?

(shaking head) Have at it. And thank Christ in Heaven this is as close of most of you will ever be to making any kind of real and meaningful decisions concerning the Steelers.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #34
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

someone could be from the steelers organization like a ball boy or water guy..

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:50 PM   #35
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit View Post
numbers for the last 3 seasons.

2007 Tot Solo Assist Sck Fumb
Aaron Smith 30 21 9 2 0 *Missed the final 3 games due to injury*

Aaron Smith 61 44 17 4 1

Aaron Smith 39 29 10 2 1

Looks like it would be a huge waste of money, but wait, I forgot about the phantom "occupy blockers" stat that for some reason isn't a statistical category worth recording.

But you're right about this, with Smith out of the lineup, Fred Taylor ran all over the Steelers. Should we attribute Taylor's big day solely to the absence of Smith? Well, I don't. I've seen Taylor have quite a few big games against BETTER Steelers defenses. Fred Taylor is the ALL-TIME leading rusher versus Steelers teams with only a portion of that occurring in week #15 of this past season.

In week #11, the New York Jets also had a mighty fine rushing day against the Steelers and would you believe that Aaron Smith WAS in the lineup that day.

I have my opinion of Smith and I don't expect everyone to agree with it. You have your opinion, and although I disagree, I respect it.
i disagree, his actually importance cannot be measured on stats... like u said the "phantom" occuply blockers stat is just as important on the o-line as d-line i look at aaron smith as the LT of our D-line... he is one of the best at his position and has played like it when he's in...

its not like u can find 3-4 defensive on the street corner... no 3-4 defensive end is probably one of the hardest and underrated positions in the NFL... no one gives them credit and within the last 5 years i can't remember one time a 3-4 DE besides aaron smith made the pro-bowll...
Old 02-14-2008, 01:42 AM   #36
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: Steelers may have interest in Justin Smith and Madeau Williams of the Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
Absolutely..
This young man will not be in pittsburgh next year because of that fact or Steelers are planning on switching to the 4-3 completely now. Dont see either one coming to Pittsburgh my self.

But Justin Smith has played in the 4-3 his entire career.

Anyway, Marvin has basically said that either Madieu or Justin will be franchise tagged. I hope it's Madieu, but I have a bad feeling it's going to be Justin Smith again. Either way, they'll do a lot to keep Justin Smith.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #37
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The Bengal fan seems to know a lot more about our team than about half the "fans" that post here.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:09 PM   #38
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Unless were switching to the 4-3 Justin Smith is to small for are 3-4 system and he is 28 and the Coach wants to get younger. I really doubt ether is taken. Plus the Bengals is going to Franchise tag one of the two. I really do not want a player from the problem children over there.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote