Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #21
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579
Default Re: Mel Kiper is going crazy

[QUOTE=Lukin83;371863]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee View Post

At least 10 NFL GMs have been quoted as saying Flowers is the best CB in the draft. Just thought you should know.
id be glad to hear who they are...
Old 03-01-2008, 05:05 PM   #22
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

[QUOTE=Rhee Rhee;371811]
Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

first of all mendenhall didn't become a full time starter until this year... he played behind a guy named pierre thomas who was an UDFA in last year's draft and now plays for NO...and Tom Brady sat behind Drew Henson at Michigan, so I guess experience is everything eh? Did you see any Saints games last year?? Pierre Thomas looked really good averaging 4.8 YPC while Reggie Bush had 3.7YPC. Thomas beat out 4th round pick Antonio Pittman for the Saints roster spot. This just in....Mendenhall had to sit because Thomas is a good back.

i have sour grapes over kenny phillips and dajuan morgan? damn straight i do i honestly think if your to look at most mock drafts around the web 95-99% of them will have kenny phillips going before dajuan morgan... So if Mayock doesnt agree with 99% of the mock drafts he is wrong?? Are you a member or leader of the FLAT EARTH SOCIETY??

hmm let's see teams with O-line as a NEED that pick b4 us: Miami, St. Louis, Atlanta, Oakland, Kansas City, Denver, Chicago, Detroit, Arizona, Houston, Philidelphia,

while i don't think all of them will take a O-lineman there's a possibility that otah, long, clady, williams nd ether cherilus/baker are taken before we pick...
Could happen that all those guys are gone, but face it.....If Miami takes Jake Long, then St Louis isnt going for Clady #2 and Atlanta #3 Chris Williams, then Oakland Otah because they are the best available. If it does happen, then we just take Brandon Albert or the best D-lineman available and target Carl Nicks or Heath Benedict in the 2nd.

My point is Kipers mock is old and probably not relevant. Should wait till he puts out a new one. I prefer Mayock's opinion because he backs up his rationale with film study and he knows the game as an ex pro. I dont know that Kiper ever picked up a football in his life.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #23
Lukin83
Water Boy

Member Number: 2692

[QUOTE=Rhee Rhee;371879]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukin83 View Post

id be glad to hear who they are...
No names mentioned, but here is the link: http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=63
Old 03-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #24
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

[QUOTE=Lukin83;371910]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee View Post

No names mentioned, but here is the link: http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=63
Wow.....I really think of him as a cover 2 guy because he lacks great speed to go deep with WR's. Then again, Asante Samuel isnt exactly a speedster, but plays the ball well.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:26 AM   #25
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

i have my doubts about flowers...

but then again i'm no NFL GM...
Old 03-02-2008, 02:08 AM   #26
Steeldude
Living Legend

can mcfadden even break a tackle? i know he is fast, but in the few games i have watched him play and the highlight videos, i see no body lean. he runs upright too much. he isn't very big either. that style of running could take its toll in the NFL.

didn't all of the arkansas RBs do well?
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #27
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
can mcfadden even break a tackle? i know he is fast, but in the few games i have watched him play and the highlight videos, i see no body lean. he runs upright too much. he isn't very big either. that style of running could take its toll in the NFL.

That's the question that some are asking. 6'2" 210, with breakaway speed, but thin legs that doesnt break a lot of tackles when first contacted. Kind of reminds me of Jerious Norwood of the Falcons (5'11", 200lbs).
Old 03-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #28
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

IF the Steelers could just find the courage to go out in free agency and sign us a great Center to take Mahans place and move him to LG then we would be set I think. Mahan is a G not a Center. I think that the Steelers are not gonna be able to keep Starks even though they transitioned him. That is just too much $$$ for him. Steelers need to draft a LOT in the draft if there is a quality one left and either let him set behind Marvell Smith one year or move Marvell back to his original spot at ROT.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #29
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post

same can be said about AP... he almost led the league in rushing... but i definitely see what you mean by it could take it's toll...