Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #281
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775
Default Re: James Harrison Arrested on Assault Charges

Ok I was out of town for this in Atlanta, actually got to meet Bettis at the Capitol Grill Restaurant I went to Friday, So here is my take on it, since finding out.

Harrison did wrong period!
Harrison went too far, BUT it could of been worse! MUCH!
Harrison apologized, good but anger management is needed!
Harrison will recieve a slap on the wrist in court, just like we would with clean record!
Harrison will recieve a Court Fine and classes!
Harrison will still be with the same woman!
Harrison will still be a Steeler!
Harrison might get a 1 to 2 game suspension from the league or team!
Harrison will be a better person after all this!
I will still wear my Harrison Jersey at games!

I agree hitting a woman is bad, breaking doors is bad, snapping cell phone is easy!
But we still dont know the entire story and maybe never will

Lets stop the abuse were giving each other in this thread! Set a example!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #282
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,918 Times in 2,997 Posts

terrell owens in a bikini-

Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #283
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

that chick could use a slap in the face...she's got a nicer build than me...I'm so jealous...
Old 03-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #284
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
that chick could use a slap in the face...she's got a nicer build than me...I'm so jealous...
Yeah the only trouble is she would slap back harder.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:58 AM   #285
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

More on the Harrison assault and the NFL on domestic violence.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08072/864335-66.stm

NFL finds domestic violence difficult to gauge
Dropped charges, few NFL penalties

Wednesday, March 12, 2008
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

James Harrison is one of a number of NFL players who have been involved in domestic violence incidents in the past several years, though it appears that few have received penalties from the league because charges have been dismissed in many of the cases.

Harrison, a Pro Bowl linebacker with the Steelers, was arrested and charged with simple assault and criminal mischief Saturday after he allegedly assaulted his girlfriend, Beth Tibbott, at her Ohio Township residence. His preliminary hearing has been rescheduled for April 3.

An NFL spokesman said yesterday the league does not provide the number of domestic violence cases against players, partly because many of the cases are "ultimately dismissed."

A most recent example occurred yesterday when a woman who had a restraining order in a domestic-violence case against New England Patriots receiver Randy Moss had the charges dropped.

Last year, former Cleveland Browns running back Reuben Droughns had domestic violence charges against him dropped when prosecutors cited a lack of evidence.

The Steelers saw a similar situation two years ago when receiver Santonio Holmes, their No. 1 draft pick at the time, had charges of domestic violence and assault against him dropped by a municipal court judge in Columbus, Ohio.

Still, there have been cases where players have been punished by the league for incidents involving domestic violence.

The most serious case occurred in 2004 when Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Michel Pittman was suspended for three games by the NFL after an incident in which he was charged with ramming his Hummer into a car driven by his wife and carrying his 2-year-old child and baby sitter.

Since then, seven players have received one-game suspensions by the league for domestic violence, according to various news reports.

According to a police affidavit, Harrison broke down a bedroom door while his girlfriend was trying to call 911, took her cell phone and broke it in half. Tibbott also said Harrison, who is 5 feet 11, 245 pounds, hit her with an open hand in the face, knocking off her glasses.

Harrison was working out at the Steelers South Side facility yesterday but was unavailable for comment.

Under Pennsylvania law, simple assault is considered a Class 2 misdemeanor punishable by up to two years in prison. Criminal mischief can be considered a felony in the third degree with a maximum prison term of seven years if the damage caused in the incident is in excess of $5,000.

According to a league spokesman, each of the NFL's 32 teams conducts a life-skills session each fall.

Last year, commissioner Roger Goodell instituted a Conduct Management Program for all incoming rookies, requiring them to attend eight one-hour sessions that incorporate video, lectures and discussions designed to teach players how to cope with life in the NFL. The sessions are run by an outside instructor approved by the league and coordinated with each team's player-development director.

Harrison was in his first year as a starter with the Steelers after rising from obscurity as a free agent from Kent State University who was cut three times in his career, twice by the Steelers.

Last fall, Harrison acknowledged that his road to the NFL was not always smooth, in part because of indiscretions as a teenager growing up in Akron, Ohio.

Harrison attended three high schools in Akron. He said he had scholarship offers to Nebraska and Notre Dame rebuffed because he "messed some things up" his senior year at Coventry High School. One of those incidents involved being suspended for two games because he shot a BB gun in the locker room and got off with a fine, avoiding a sentence of six months in prison for felonious assault.

Coventry principal John Hibian, who was the school's athletic director when Harrison played there, said his former student did "stupid little things" that caused Hibian to think Harrison might jeopardize his future in football.

But, after seeing Harrison develop in the NFL and the way he handles himself when he returns to Coventry, Hibian said he saw a change in the Steelers linebacker.

"There is a different air about him when he comes back now," Hibian said. "Ultimately, he has become a mature young man."

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #286
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
I do respect your opinion. I wish people were held accountable these days, the problem is what James did in pales in comparison to what goes on in the league. As a Steelers fan I just can't see kicking him to the curb for that when other teams have felons. It is not fair. As a father of a daughter and as a husband I think he should have the snot beat out of him by the womens dad or brother if she has any. Now with James they would probably need a gun or weapon. Don't get me wrong I would love for the Steelers to have more class than the rest of the league, I am a realist and just don't think they are any different when it comes to the players. Front office yes, players no.
Wrong is wrong. You can't sit there and say that he acted like a punk, but he was less of a punk than another player.

I have zero sympathy for all of these spoiled brats. Tell you what, since he seems to like slapping so much, let's go get someone like the Big Show and let him slap Harrison around doe a little bit. Maybe that'll teach him a lesson.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #287
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,918 Times in 2,997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post

Wednesday, March 12, 2008
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Last year, commissioner Roger Goodell instituted a Conduct Management Program for all incoming rookies, requiring them to attend eight one-hour sessions that incorporate video, lectures and discussions designed to teach players how to cope with life in the NFL. The sessions are run by an outside instructor approved by the league and coordinated with each team's player-development director.

Harrison was in his first year as a starter with the Steelers after rising from obscurity as a free agent from Kent State University who was cut three times in his career, twice by the Steelers.
if this was held at the rookie symposium, it does UDFA rookies like james no good as they are not invited and fall through the cracks. im not sure but i dont think udfa's and non drafted practice squad players receive the same type of awareness programs as those who are actually making the rosters.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:04 AM   #288
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
In the latest news a piture of Harrison's GF was just released.

I could have lived my whole life without seeing that.

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote