Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-13-2008, 12:17 AM   #21
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140
Default Re: Kendrell Bell??

No way, this guy is always injured. Bell must have been raised on potato chips, Mountain Dew, and Twinkies. His bones/muscles/joints are obviously malnourished.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:43 AM   #22
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,513 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit View Post
No way, this guy is always injured. Bell must have been raised on potato chips, Mountain Dew, and Twinkies. His bones/muscles/joints are obviously malnourished.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:32 AM   #23
jtmill
Water Boy

Member Number: 3671

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
bell only had one good yr and that was his rookie yr.. when he won rdpoty.. after that he went down hill.. :( if he would come to us as a min salary that might be alright
Actually, bell had 3 good years with pittsburgh and his best was his 3rd. Kinda fell apart after that though.

Defense Stats
YEAR TEAM G TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF REC INT YDS TD
2001 PIT 16 82 71 11 1 9.0 1 0 0 0 0
2002 PIT 12 50 37 13 2 4.0 0 0 0 0 0
2003 PIT 16 100 86 14 3 5.0 1 0 1 61 0
2004 PIT 3 8 6 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0
2005 KAN 16 41 32 9 0 1.5 1 0 0 0 0
2006 KAN 16 49 44 5 0 1.0 0 0 0 0 0
2007 KAN 11 8 6 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0
Career 90 338 282 56 6 20.5 3 0 1 61 0
jtmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #24
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

nice

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #25
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
Kendrell Bell will be remembered for 2001, the Browns playoff game, and an injury riddled career that could have been great.

Unfortunately, I don't see any benefit to bringing him back. He isn't the same player he used to be. I think what we currently have on our roster is better than what he has to offer.

Keep in mind, there are more 3-4 teams now than when Kendrell played for us and no one...as far as we know....has shown any interest in him.
Was at that game. Best game i've ever witnessed. Kendrell was superman like.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #26
Mistah_Q
Starter

Member Number: 5514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Probably true....

However, we need training camp cannon fodder dont we? especially if it is going live again this year.

And if he happens to make it through camp and show something, well, thats just better.

I wouldn't have a problem with that. Just bring him in for camp fodder. AND TELL HIM SO.

Let's see if he'll rise to the challenge.
I'm on board with this. We're hurting for OLB depth, no? Why not give a shot in camp, with little/no risk, to a guy who did it so well before, but then was injured and played in a system not fit for him.

The problem with this is, I have this feeling he's going to just be injured yet again. . . and Tomlin wants versatility? Even if Bell regains some of his old form when he steps back into the 3-4, he's pretty much a nobody in the 4-3. . .

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw
Mistah_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:35 PM   #27
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Id love to find another Bell style of LBer with his greatness to start off with. Bell was awsome until he went down injury road and fell off the map. He had great skills, but even when slightly back to health it seem he lost the love for the game. What I would love is to have his first few years and not the down.

Boy but what I would not give to have another Greg are a Jack back in uniform with there heart and play and meanness. We have been blessed with so many LBers I wish we could bring back all the greats.

Ask yourself this if you had a choice in 1 LBer that would help us out most this coming year which one would you bring back.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:29 AM   #28
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistah_Q View Post
I'm on board with this. We're hurting for OLB depth, no? Why not give a shot in camp, with little/no risk, to a guy who did it so well before, but then was injured and played in a system not fit for him.

The problem with this is, I have this feeling he's going to just be injured yet again. . . and Tomlin wants versatility? Even if Bell regains some of his old form when he steps back into the 3-4, he's pretty much a nobody in the 4-3. . .
Hey... as long as he can cover on ST's and play backup LB once in a while... I have no prob. giving him a shot.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:29 AM   #29
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,513 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
Id love to find another Bell style of LBer with his greatness to start off with. Bell was awsome until he went down injury road and fell off the map. He had great skills, but even when slightly back to health it seem he lost the love for the game. What I would love is to have his first few years and not the down.

Boy but what I would not give to have another Greg are a Jack back in uniform with there heart and play and meanness. We have been blessed with so many LBers I wish we could bring back all the greats.

Ask yourself this if you had a choice in 1 LBer that would help us out most this coming year which one would you bring back.
I think the one I would bring back would be loyed.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote