Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #21
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579
Default Re: 20/20 Hindsight 2007 NFL Draft - Steelers Pick Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
i hope he turns out to be a great player for the steelers. the sacks in the jags game were nothing special when you look at them. they are hardly a measuring stick for determining his future career in the NFL. i will wait for him to have at least a season under his belt before labeling him the right or wrong choice.

one game does not make a player. that's the mentality that the raiders use ala desmond howard, larry brown...
i agree one game cannot be a measuring stick BUT on passing situations in a NUMBER of games... woodley has given heated pressure and has a couple of sacks to boot...
Old 01-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #22
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
i don't want to see another one-move LB who can't cover.
However, Gildon was able to play well within the system, and hit hard.

I believe we have a pretty decent cover guy in Timmons... at least what I saw in preseason.

Hoping against hope... (He will be franchised, and we don't pick up big players in FA) we get Dansby, and have an ENTIRELY NEW AND YOUNG LB CORP, Young safties, it give us the freedom to look for a couple young lineman, and we can be set at Defense for years to come.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #23
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
However, Gildon was able to play well within the system, and hit hard.

I believe we have a pretty decent cover guy in Timmons... at least what I saw in preseason.

Hoping against hope... (He will be franchised, and we don't pick up big players in FA) we get Dansby, and have an ENTIRELY NEW AND YOUNG LB CORP, Young safties, it give us the freedom to look for a couple young lineman, and we can be set at Defense for years to come.
if only if only the rooneys would spend just a little more freely
Old 01-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #24
Dylan
Starter

Member Number: 3276

Woodley= Stardom
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:29 PM   #25
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206
Default A Look back at the Steelers 07 draft

"The Steelers got a number of solid contributors from the 2007 draft. While none of them appear to have star-quality, they all have the ability to fill key roles.

First- and second-round linebackers Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley did not start, but they each showed glimpses of what they could be capable of in the future.

Timmons had 13 tackles in limited action and Woodley tallied four sacks in his limited playing time.

Matt Spaeth and William Gay, meanwhile, also made the most of their time on the field. Spaeth got five starts when the Steelers opened with two tight ends, and finished the season with three touchdown catches. His blocking was also notable. Gay had 19 tackles and two passes defensed and was a valuable nickleback.

The most productive of all the Steelers' draft choices was punter Daniel Sepulveda. It is rare that a punter gets drafted as high as the fourth round, but Sepulveda showed why he was with a solid rookie season. He finished tied for 11th in net punting average and was eighth in dropping punts inside the 20.

Cameron Stephenson is no longer with the team and Ryan McBean and Dallas Baker were stashed on the practice squad."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsess...o&confirm=true

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:34 AM   #26
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Woodley had 4 sacks in the regular season...Which he played very little since he missed time with injury also...Then Woodley had 2 sacks in the play-off game against the Jags...I don't know about you but 6 sacks counting the play-off game is damn good for a rookie especially learning LeBeau's D....I think he did just fine and he will get even better....Both Joey Porter and Jason Gildon only had 2 sacks their rookie years...They turned out alright for the Steelers....Gildon is the all time sack leader for the Steelers and Porter is 3rd or 4th on the all time list...Woodley will be the next OLB star in this 3-4 defense...As for Timmons, the move inside will be a blessing for him and we will hopefully see the potential he has this year.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:02 AM   #27
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,320 Times in 1,411 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
Woodley had 4 sacks in the regular season...Which he played very little since he missed time with injury also...Then Woodley had 2 sacks in the play-off game against the Jags...I don't know about you but 6 sacks counting the play-off game is damn good for a rookie especially learning LeBeau's D....I think he did just fine and he will get even better....Both Joey Porter and Jason Gildon only had 2 sacks their rookie years...They turned out alright for the Steelers....Gildon is the all time sack leader for the Steelers and Porter is 3rd or 4th on the all time list...Woodley will be the next OLB star in this 3-4 defense...As for Timmons, the move inside will be a blessing for him and we will hopefully see the potential he has this year.....
Well said I see woodley being a stud for us this year and timmons also stepping up more this year.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #28
SteelersTilIDie
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4943

Quote:
woodley has barely played. the jury is still out.

timmons has played even less than woodley.

how are they the right choices?
We made all the right choices because if you visited the link, Todd McShay had us taking Timmons in the first and Woodley in the second in his mock, not because of how well they played last season.

“Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it.”~Chuck Noll

Last edited by SteelersTilIDie; 03-26-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: clarity
SteelersTilIDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #29
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Gildonesqe...

As in, Jason Gildon. I would LOVE it if he turned out like that.
Is it me or doesn't he have the all-time lead in sacks for the Steelers??? Yeah, he really sucked....
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #30
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersTilIDie View Post
We made all the right choices because if you visited the link, Todd McShay had us taking Timmons in the first and Woodley in the second in his mock, not because of how well they played last season.
Would have been better if he had us taking David Harris in the 1st and Woodley was perfect!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote