Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #21
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942
Default Re: Branden Albert wants to play for us???

the more and more I think about it, signing albert would not get me excited at all, but then again seeing ben on his back doesnt do much for me either.

does anyone think that maybe our problems last year were a culmination of just injuries, two new starters, and a new offense by arians (not sayin he was the problem at all, just the learning curve it takes to get a new offense down). , maybe a few coverage sacks, maybe just ben holding onto the ball too long a couple times

Holmes, Ward, Sweed/Hardy/Kelly/Thomas, Miller, Washington ... thats a really good receiving core ... I'd rather just see us go O-line is second or third round.
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #22
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
the more and more I think about it, signing albert would not get me excited at all, but then again seeing ben on his back doesnt do much for me either.

does anyone think that maybe our problems last year were a culmination of just injuries, two new starters, and a new offense by arians (not sayin he was the problem at all, just the learning curve it takes to get a new offense down). , maybe a few coverage sacks, maybe just ben holding onto the ball too long a couple times

Holmes, Ward, Sweed/Hardy/Kelly/Thomas, Miller, Washington ... thats a really good receiving core ... I'd rather just see us go O-line is second or third round.
the fact that he was sacked 49 times in 2006 shoots down that theory. ben holding the ball too long is a factor, but when you figure how many should be sacks he avoids because of immediate protection breakdowns, it evens out.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #23
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

What was this thread about?

Oh yea, if only we could land Albert and Groves 'because they want to play for us'. Groves supposedly fell in love with Tomlin, how 'Tomlin looked in his eyes and gave him such confidence'.

Now this post is starting to sound like a soap opera.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:06 AM   #24
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
More of the "Rooneys are cheap" bullshit. Why is that, because they don't massively overpay unproven players coming out of college? That's one of the reasons we almost never are drafting in the top 10. The Rooneys do pay and pay big for players that prove they are actually worth a damn - Ben, Troy and Hines are proof of that. Sorry I seem to be going off, but I am really sick of hearing this ill-informed bullshit argument.
i wish the NFL would come out with a rookie salary cap.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #25
SteelersTilIDie
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4943

at least we know he bleeds black and gold

“Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it.”~Chuck Noll
SteelersTilIDie is offline   Reply With Quote