Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #11
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Finally! Pat Kirwans Mock #1

Quote:
i like his the best cause of his experience as a scout and as a gm in the war room. there is probably nobody who does more comprehensive research, 100's of interviews and attending all senior bowl practices.
really? I was believing it till I saw the packers pick.....

Quote:
30. Green Bay Packers
Brian Brohm
QB, Louisville The Packers could take a corner for the future at this point or even tight end Fred Davis. However, if you're thinking future, Brohm hedges the bet on Aaron Rodgers to replace Brett Favre.
even if rodgers is not the future (and I think he is) the packers won't be stupid enough to draft a QB in the first round

for the steelers I guess Cherilus is fine. I heard he was a monster lineman we could use that
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,574 Times in 3,988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
really? I was believing it till I saw the packers pick.....

yeah, everyone said the same thing last year when he had the packers picking justin harrell at 15.

off the top of your head... name 3 qb's on the packers roster,

name a glaring area of need...

name the qb who was considered a top 5 pick last season (had he declared), who didnt do to bad this season, considering new coach/system.

kirwan may be wrong on the actual pick, but his thinking isnt.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:16 PM   #13
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

who sucks??? kirwan sucks!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #14
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,937 Times in 1,668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

yeah, everyone said the same thing last year when he had the packers picking justin harrell at 15.

off the top of your head... name 3 qb's on the packers roster,

name the qb who was considered a top 5 pick last season (had he declared), who didnt do to bad this season, considering new coach/system.

kirwan may be wrong on the actual pick, but his thinking isnt.
i'm not so sure....how many years and drafts now has farve kept the packers in limbo with his retirement decision ??? they haven't panicked and pulled the trigger yet on a qb, so why this year? they've had years to groom and evaluate rodgers, and if they didn't have confidence in him, i'd think they would have had plan B already on the roster. i'm sure they'll snag a qb this year, i just don't see them burning a 1 st round pick on one.

Quote:
they have a 32 & 34 yr old cornerbacks ......i'd say thats kinda glaring...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #15
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i'm not so sure....how many years and drafts now has farve kept the packers in limbo with his retirement decision ??? they haven't panicked and pulled the trigger yet on a qb, so why this year? they've had years to groom and evaluate rodgers, and if they didn't have confidence in him, i'd think they would have had plan B already on the roster. i'm sure they'll snag a qb this year, i just don't see them burning a 1 st round pick on one.

they have a 32 & 34 yr old cornerbacks ......i'd say thats kinda glaring...
maybe its like getting a divorce after 16 years. you may have a nice new girlfriend but still feel the urge to nail each piece of fine tail that crosses your path.

damn, are woodson and harris really that old? going for the 5th-7th best cb at the end of the 1st round may still be a bit of a reach though.

maybe they just go BPA.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #16
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by galax steeler View Post
I hope he is wrong with our first round pick I just don't like the gosder pick.
Well, galax... the guy is a monster in the running game and he looked pretty awesome against the top tier DE's and DT's at the Senior Bowl. I would not mind him being our number 1 pick at all come april.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #17
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,937 Times in 1,668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
maybe its like getting a divorce after 16 years. you may have a nice new girlfriend but still feel the urge to nail each piece of fine tail that crosses your path.

damn, are woodson and harris really that old? going for the 5th-7th best cb at the end of the 1st round may still be a bit of a reach though.

maybe they just go BPA.
lol....most guys get divorced after 16 yrs ,because ,they gave into the urge to nail each piece of fine tail that crosses your path .....

wasn't it harris that got beat like a drum by burress in the nfc championship game ?:

did GB shitcan bubba franks ? they could be lookin for a new TE....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:28 AM   #18
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

did GB shitcan bubba franks ? they could be lookin for a new TE....
they got donald lee, and he's pretty good.

#1 need is definitely CB. harris and woodson are great but they need something more, and something for the future

I'd actually be shocked if they draft something other than a CB this year
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #19
tony hipchest

Default Pat Kirwans Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
who sucks??? kirwan sucks!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Mock draft 2.0: Gholston is the new No. 1

Quote:
It's amazing what one or two twists at the top of the draft can do to the rest of the first round. This week, there is a legitimate twist at the very top and it changes much of the top 10 picks. Also, there are still some important pro days to come -- as well as medical information that can lead a player to rise or fall. The USC pro day is April 2, and it will affect the first round with as many as four players possibly causing a ripple effect. (Note: Don't put to much credence into which head coaches or GMs are in attendance at a workout as a clue to the team's interest in a prospect.)

This week, I am in attendance at the NFL owners' meetings and will have a chance to sit down with a number of NFL decision-makers and get a feel for what they are thinking about as they start to close in on the first-round talent. The first GM I ran into in the lobby of the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach, Fla., didn't want to discuss his pick specifically but he had some strong opinions about how the first-round talent might peel off most draft boards. Keep in mind that between the 32 teams there are probably 45 different players with first-round grades which makes mock drafts very volatile.

Does the idea that Bill Belichick worked out one corner but not another mean he likes one over another? Is the medical situation surrounding Deuce McAllister changing the Saints' draft plans? Did Brian Brohm's 4.6 forty time at his personal workout change his status? Are Malcolm Kelly's knees injured enough to drop him from the first round until he runs for the scouts? Can Buffalo commit to help the offense when the run defense was ranked 25th last season?
Quote:
9. New England Patriots (Projected trade with Cincinnati)
Branden Albert
G, Virginia

Don't be surprised to see the Patriots look at their offensive line for two reasons. One, they gave up a lot of sacks and pressures in the Super Bowl; and two, Belichick has taken many big offensive linemen with his first-round picks. Albert can play guard or tackle. The Patriots did not sign any significant talent to help the offensive line so far in free agency.

Previous mock pick: Derrick Harvey (Bengals' pick)

Quote:
14. Chicago Bears
Jeff Otah
OT, Pittsburgh
The Bears offensive line problems are easy to see. Otah can be plugged in at right tackle. He is raw and doesn't have a lot of experience but his upside makes him a good pick at this spot.

Previous mock pick: Rashard Mendenhall
Quote:
Pittsburgh Steelers
Gosder Cherilus
OT, Boston College
Cherilus is a very physical player who is a better fit at right tackle, but has played left tackle. He has a "Steelers attitude" when he plays the game.

Previous mock pick: Gosder Cherilus
i still think the packers taking brohm could yield immense value. at the end of this season the packers have to make a choice to give rogers "schaub, romo, or gerrard" type money, or risk losing him to free agency after the following season. they traded the guy justin harrell replaced for a 2nd round pick and saved tons of cash.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #20
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

PFW just came out with their new mock (cant link due to it being prescription only)...They also have Otah going to Chicago...and they have Albert going to the Eagles at #19.

at #23....To the Steelers.....PFW has....Gosder Cherilus.

I am beginning to see a trend.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote