Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-11-2005, 06:55 PM   #31
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: Bears Offense?

I told you their offense was broken...

"It ain't broken, they've won 8 games in a row!"

Yeah, so is it broken now? Sheesh.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:31 AM   #32
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

now don't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever, compare the steelers to favre, the vikes, or the lions again

and orton sucks ass, just put grossman in even though he'll last a quarter at least for that quarter he might move the ball some
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:38 AM   #33
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Bears offense isnt that good! So they got spanked, like they should
Old 12-12-2005, 11:02 AM   #34
Dennis
Water Boy

Member Number: 898

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
now don't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever, compare the steelers to favre, the vikes, or the lions again

and orton sucks ass, just put grossman in even though he'll last a quarter at least for that quarter he might move the ball some
Actually, I was comparing the Steelers more to the Bucs and the Panthers, wasn't I?

But Orton didn't "suck ass" yesterday. He threw for 207 yards with no picks or fumbles. He even rushed for 8 yards. He convincingly drove down the field 70+ yards twice to your 1 & 2 yard lines, but we settled just a FG and then a TD w/o the point after. If da Bears had scored TDs (w/PAs) both times (which we should have been able to do), the score would have been 21-14 in the 4th Qtr with 13:31 left to play. We should have had at least a shot at tying it up and going to OT.

And that was with our Defense deciding that they didn't feel like playing yesterday. Looking at the "highlights," just about all I saw was Bears Defenders bouncing off of Bettis.

But our O-line didn't play up to their usual excellent game, so Orton was sacked 3 times, especially that critical one when we were on your 2 yard line, running a bootleg. You guys manhandled our O-line. Which also shut down TJ's running lanes, thereby killing da Bears running game. Time of possession shows how effective you were at that.

Plain and simple, you took da Bears out of their game and made them play yours. How come AFC teams (Steelers, Bengals, even the Browns) are able to do that to da Bears?

Anyway, congratulations on a great game. I'm glad we were able to keep your playoff chances alive.

You may now give this Bears fan his ass-whuppin'

Last edited by Dennis; 12-12-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:16 AM   #35
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

To be fair, 43 yards of those passing yards came on that freak play where Ike inexplicably didn't intercept the pass that was thrown right to him, and another 40 or so came on that garbage time drive with about 4 minutes left that resulted in a TO on downs. So, really, there was only one drive down the field.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:28 AM   #36
Dennis
Water Boy

Member Number: 898

I don't understand your fixation with Orton's performance yesterday. He looked like a fairly-competent journeyman NFL QB. Not a future Hall-of-Famer, but decent.

The rest of the team, the O-line, Special Teams, running game, and most glaringly the Defense, all played like crap. You handed them their heads.

Kyle looked OK, not great, but OK. Why are you picking on him?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:56 AM   #37
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I'm not, just pointing out that the 207 he hung on us was mostly garbage. You were the one who said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis
But Orton didn't "suck ass" yesterday. He threw for 207 yards with no picks or fumbles. He even rushed for 8 yards.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:40 PM   #38
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis
Actually, I was comparing the Steelers more to the Bucs and the Panthers, wasn't I?

But Orton didn't "suck ass" yesterday. He threw for 207 yards with no picks or fumbles. He even rushed for 8 yards. He convincingly drove down the field 70+ yards twice to your 1 & 2 yard lines, but we settled just a FG and then a TD w/o the point after. If da Bears had scored TDs (w/PAs) both times (which we should have been able to do), the score would have been 21-14 in the 4th Qtr with 13:31 left to play. We should have had at least a shot at tying it up and going to OT.

And that was with our Defense deciding that they didn't feel like playing yesterday. Looking at the "highlights," just about all I saw was Bears Defenders bouncing off of Bettis.

But our O-line didn't play up to their usual excellent game, so Orton was sacked 3 times, especially that critical one when we were on your 2 yard line, running a bootleg. You guys manhandled our O-line. Which also shut down TJ's running lanes, thereby killing da Bears running game. Time of possession shows how effective you were at that.

Plain and simple, you took da Bears out of their game and made them play yours. How come AFC teams (Steelers, Bengals, even the Browns) are able to do that to da Bears?

Anyway, congratulations on a great game. I'm glad we were able to keep your playoff chances alive.

You may now give this Bears fan his ass-whuppin'
thanks dennis. and for helping keep our playoff chances alive maybe we can return the favor and keep the vikings off your tail next weekend.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote