Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2008, 11:08 PM   #61
millwalldavey
Head Coach
 
millwalldavey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Coal Township PA.
Posts: 1,510
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Duke fans.

Every team in the ACC should change the school colors to green.

Except UNC. They have nothing to envy.

How many places have the opportunity to name THE WHOLE BUILDING after the greatest coach in history? Who the hell is Cameron anyway?
__________________
millwalldavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #62
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,093
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 861
Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,536 Posts
Default Re: Duke fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
Every team in the ACC should change the school colors to green.

Except UNC. They have nothing to envy.

How many places have the opportunity to name THE WHOLE BUILDING after the greatest coach in history? Who the hell is Cameron anyway?
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #63
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,412
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,010
Thanked 6,427 Times in 2,945 Posts
Default Re: Duke fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
Every team in the ACC should change the school colors to green.

Except UNC. They have nothing to envy.

How many places have the opportunity to name THE WHOLE BUILDING after the greatest coach in history? Who the hell is Cameron anyway?
Yeah - after that rousing performance against Kansas the Tar Heels are the envy of the college basketball world

I know I most envied UNC when they were down 40 - 12 in the first half
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #64
millwalldavey
Head Coach
 
millwalldavey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Coal Township PA.
Posts: 1,510
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Duke fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Yeah - after that rousing performance against Kansas the Tar Heels are the envy of the college basketball world

I know I most envied UNC when they were down 40 - 12 in the first half
Unless you're a Kansas fan, you really have no room to talk. At least they were there.
Pulling withing 4 was quite the feat as well. But it was an awful start that killed them, not to mention a KU team that absolutely shot the lights out. Best shooting performance I ever saw in the 1st half.

Just remember... save Q Thomas... THEY ARE ALL COMNG BACK!

UN DEEEE FEATED in 09.

I'm sure the UNC fans will let you climb aboard next year when you can no longer resist the urge to root for them.
__________________
millwalldavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #65
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,412
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,010
Thanked 6,427 Times in 2,945 Posts
Default Re: Duke fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
Unless you're a Kansas fan, you really have no room to talk. At least they were there.
Pulling withing 4 was quite the feat as well. But it was an awful start that killed them, not to mention a KU team that absolutely shot the lights out. Best shooting performance I ever saw in the 1st half.

Just remember... save Q Thomas... THEY ARE ALL COMNG BACK!

UN DEEEE FEATED in 09.

I'm sure the UNC fans will let you climb aboard next year when you can no longer resist the urge to root for them.
UNC's non-senior starters certainly have eligibility left but that is a lot different from coming back -unless in addition to being a Steelers Fever poster you are the agent for Ellington, Lawson, and Hansbrough don't count on anyone being back until the deadline to leave for the NBA passes. Lawson got a preview this year of how your draft prospects can be harmed by an injury - if Lawson decides he does not want to risk another year & leaves then Hansbrough is gone since Hansbrough knows there is no national championship without a quality point guard.

As for any comments to the effect "of course I'll be back" - Elton Brand, William Avery, Corey Maggette, Mike Dunleavy, and Luol Deng all said they were staying at Duke until they left & UNC had its exodus of underclassmen after 2005 - it's all about the Benjamins.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #66
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Duke fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
Every team in the ACC should change the school colors to green.

Except UNC. They have nothing to envy.

How many places have the opportunity to name THE WHOLE BUILDING after the greatest coach in history? Who the hell is Cameron anyway?
Why should Duke change their colors? Last I checked they're the Basketball Program most envied across the nation and the world of follower who follow College Basketball.

Eddie Cameron. Former Duke Basketball Coach during the 1930's. By the way, we call the floor COACH K COURT.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #67
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter
 
TackleMeBen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Posts: 4,854
Gender: Female
Member Number: 4435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Duke fans.

i am sorry but i will never be envy of UNC. and yes steelman, UNC was overrated!!!!
__________________

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #68
millwalldavey
Head Coach
 
millwalldavey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Coal Township PA.
Posts: 1,510
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Duke fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Why should Duke change their colors? Last I checked they're the Basketball Program most envied across the nation and the world of follower who follow College Basketball.

Eddie Cameron. Former Duke Basketball Coach during the 1930's. By the way, we call the floor COACH K COURT.
Last I checked building > court. No many coached have the building, but a lot have a square on the court.

I still want to know why Duke 'created' the black uniforms. I thought they were blue and white.

As for envied... I just read an article on MSN that states "most hated". Big difference between the two words. Search it up... it was from last week.

Thanks anyway for clearing up who Cameron was. My dad is a die hard for about 25 years and he didnt even know who Cameron was.
__________________
millwalldavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #69
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Duke fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
i am sorry but i will never be envy of UNC. and yes steelman, UNC was overrated!!!!
I said before the tournament and I'm going to say it now. North Carolina was NOT a National Championship team and they still are not one. They were more then able to make it to San Antonio mainly because of their track record in March in the North Carolina, but I knew 4 games that were essentially AT HOME were going to go to this teams head. Thankfully for Duke even they made it this far they had practice being out of NC.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #70
millwalldavey
Head Coach
 
millwalldavey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Coal Township PA.
Posts: 1,510
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Duke fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
UNC's non-senior starters certainly have eligibility left but that is a lot different from coming back -unless in addition to being a Steelers Fever poster you are the agent for Ellington, Lawson, and Hansbrough don't count on anyone being back until the deadline to leave for the NBA passes. Lawson got a preview this year of how your draft prospects can be harmed by an injury - if Lawson decides he does not want to risk another year & leaves then Hansbrough is gone since Hansbrough knows there is no national championship without a quality point guard.

As for any comments to the effect "of course I'll be back" - Elton Brand, William Avery, Corey Maggette, Mike Dunleavy, and Luol Deng all said they were staying at Duke until they left & UNC had its exodus of underclassmen after 2005 - it's all about the Benjamins.
All signs point to HAnsborough coming back. He comes from a fortune and does not really need the $$$. I dont think he's ready anyway. I think the 3 above will test the waters but find no agents so they can come back. (I'd do the job gladly) LAwson @ 5'11" would probably be like the 5th PG taken... there wont be the big $$$ there for him that could be after another year of seasoning.

As ofr PG if he would go... Frasor will be back next year... and Larry Drew.

Ellington... I'm sorta thinking if any of them go its him....
__________________
millwalldavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts