Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 04-05-2008, 11:08 PM   #61
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220
Default Re: Duke fans.

Every team in the ACC should change the school colors to green.

Except UNC. They have nothing to envy.

How many places have the opportunity to name THE WHOLE BUILDING after the greatest coach in history? Who the hell is Cameron anyway?
Old 04-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #62
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post

How many places have the opportunity to name THE WHOLE BUILDING after the greatest coach in history? Who the hell is Cameron anyway?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #63
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,427 Times in 2,945 Posts

Quote:

Yeah - after that rousing performance against Kansas the Tar Heels are the envy of the college basketball world

I know I most envied UNC when they were down 40 - 12 in the first half
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #64
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Yeah - after that rousing performance against Kansas the Tar Heels are the envy of the college basketball world

I know I most envied UNC when they were down 40 - 12 in the first half
Unless you're a Kansas fan, you really have no room to talk. At least they were there.
Pulling withing 4 was quite the feat as well. But it was an awful start that killed them, not to mention a KU team that absolutely shot the lights out. Best shooting performance I ever saw in the 1st half.

Just remember... save Q Thomas... THEY ARE ALL COMNG BACK!

UN DEEEE FEATED in 09.

I'm sure the UNC fans will let you climb aboard next year when you can no longer resist the urge to root for them.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #65
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,427 Times in 2,945 Posts

Quote:
Unless you're a Kansas fan, you really have no room to talk. At least they were there.
Pulling withing 4 was quite the feat as well. But it was an awful start that killed them, not to mention a KU team that absolutely shot the lights out. Best shooting performance I ever saw in the 1st half.

Just remember... save Q Thomas... THEY ARE ALL COMNG BACK!

UN DEEEE FEATED in 09.

I'm sure the UNC fans will let you climb aboard next year when you can no longer resist the urge to root for them.
UNC's non-senior starters certainly have eligibility left but that is a lot different from coming back -unless in addition to being a Steelers Fever poster you are the agent for Ellington, Lawson, and Hansbrough don't count on anyone being back until the deadline to leave for the NBA passes. Lawson got a preview this year of how your draft prospects can be harmed by an injury - if Lawson decides he does not want to risk another year & leaves then Hansbrough is gone since Hansbrough knows there is no national championship without a quality point guard.

As for any comments to the effect "of course I'll be back" - Elton Brand, William Avery, Corey Maggette, Mike Dunleavy, and Luol Deng all said they were staying at Duke until they left & UNC had its exodus of underclassmen after 2005 - it's all about the Benjamins.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #66
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:

Why should Duke change their colors? Last I checked they're the Basketball Program most envied across the nation and the world of follower who follow College Basketball.

Eddie Cameron. Former Duke Basketball Coach during the 1930's. By the way, we call the floor COACH K COURT.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #67
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

i am sorry but i will never be envy of UNC. and yes steelman, UNC was overrated!!!!

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #68
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Why should Duke change their colors? Last I checked they're the Basketball Program most envied across the nation and the world of follower who follow College Basketball.

Eddie Cameron. Former Duke Basketball Coach during the 1930's. By the way, we call the floor COACH K COURT.
Last I checked building > court. No many coached have the building, but a lot have a square on the court.

I still want to know why Duke 'created' the black uniforms. I thought they were blue and white.

As for envied... I just read an article on MSN that states "most hated". Big difference between the two words. Search it up... it was from last week.

Thanks anyway for clearing up who Cameron was. My dad is a die hard for about 25 years and he didnt even know who Cameron was.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #69
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
i am sorry but i will never be envy of UNC. and yes steelman, UNC was overrated!!!!
I said before the tournament and I'm going to say it now. North Carolina was NOT a National Championship team and they still are not one. They were more then able to make it to San Antonio mainly because of their track record in March in the North Carolina, but I knew 4 games that were essentially AT HOME were going to go to this teams head. Thankfully for Duke even they made it this far they had practice being out of NC.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #70
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
UNC's non-senior starters certainly have eligibility left but that is a lot different from coming back -unless in addition to being a Steelers Fever poster you are the agent for Ellington, Lawson, and Hansbrough don't count on anyone being back until the deadline to leave for the NBA passes. Lawson got a preview this year of how your draft prospects can be harmed by an injury - if Lawson decides he does not want to risk another year & leaves then Hansbrough is gone since Hansbrough knows there is no national championship without a quality point guard.

As for any comments to the effect "of course I'll be back" - Elton Brand, William Avery, Corey Maggette, Mike Dunleavy, and Luol Deng all said they were staying at Duke until they left & UNC had its exodus of underclassmen after 2005 - it's all about the Benjamins.
All signs point to HAnsborough coming back. He comes from a fortune and does not really need the $$$. I dont think he's ready anyway. I think the 3 above will test the waters but find no agents so they can come back. (I'd do the job gladly) LAwson @ 5'11" would probably be like the 5th PG taken... there wont be the big $$$ there for him that could be after another year of seasoning.

As ofr PG if he would go... Frasor will be back next year... and Larry Drew.

Ellington... I'm sorta thinking if any of them go its him....