Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #71
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220
Default Re: Duke fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
I said before the tournament and I'm going to say it now. North Carolina was NOT a National Championship team and they still are not one. They were more then able to make it to San Antonio mainly because of their track record in March in the North Carolina, but I knew 4 games that were essentially AT HOME were going to go to this teams head. Thankfully for Duke even they made it this far they had practice being out of NC.
And would you complain about home games had DUke been the #1 overall and played in NC? Doubtful. So erase that gripe. All the Duke fans would be crying thier eyes out if they were the #1 and people were complaining about 'home' games.

They earned it. Noone complains about the best team getting home field advantage in the NFL playoffs, so why should it be different here.

Carolina also came out of arguably the most difficult bracket in the tournament this year. 1 - 4 was loaded and the Arkansas team they beat wasnt too shabby.

Duke wasn't even worthy of a #2 seed. If anyone wants to argue Carolina go their #1 because of who they are, then you really gotta argue that for Duke being a #2 as well. They stunk the last 6 games of the year. They were a 3 maybe, a 4 at worst. They got #2 because of their name.

Seems like the rats are jumping ship at Duke. They just lost a promising shooter.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:56 AM   #72
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

pls hansbrough go to the NBA so we dont have to hear about your overrated butt. and hansbrough is like MJ, nothing is hardly ever called on him,but if the other teams players look at him the wrong then they get a foul called on them.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #73
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Someone didnt watch any tournament games if they think nothing is ever called on Tyler. Or any basketball games for that matter. He takes a beating. While he gets to the line a lot, there are a lot of times he should get there and never does.

Rutgers and Nevada games this season. Two straight games, two trips headfirst into the stantion. Two non-trips to the free throw line. One concussion. Didnt miss a game.

Tough as nails. At least when he was assaulted at Duke last year he didnt lay on the floor and cry like Laetner when Montross clocked him in 1992. Now there was a sissy. Money player, but a sissy.

LOL.... Cherokee Parks!

Last edited by millwalldavey; 04-06-2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Spelling... additional Duke joke
millwalldavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #74
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,798 Times in 2,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
All signs point to HAnsborough coming back. He comes from a fortune and does not really need the $$$. I dont think he's ready anyway. I think the 3 above will test the waters but find no agents so they can come back. (I'd do the job gladly) LAwson @ 5'11" would probably be like the 5th PG taken... there wont be the big $$$ there for him that could be after another year of seasoning.

As ofr PG if he would go... Frasor will be back next year... and Larry Drew.

Ellington... I'm sorta thinking if any of them go its him....
Hansbrough will be 24 next fall - I know you want him back for another year (and I want him to leave ) but is Hansbrough really going to get any better?
He is a mid-to late first round pick now and unless he develops a 3 point shot (not likely) his game is what it is.

All another year will get him is the scouts having a chance to pick more holes in his game (we got a preview of how he will fare as a 6'7" (real height) with no hops inside presence in the NBA with the Kansas bigs giving him trouble last night) - if he comes back more power to him but if he does so it will only be because this year's draft class is loaded and he may figure he slots higher in 2009

As for Lawson, I assume you have heard he is not big on the student part of student-athlete and that his extended time off for the ankle injury was rumored to be due to his father's concern coming back too quickly could aggravate the injury and diminish his pro prospects.

This was the Tar Heels year with the first two rounds of the NCAAs in Raleigh & Charlotte - the window of opportunity for Hansbrough may not be shut but it certainly will not be as wide open next season
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:30 AM   #75
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Someone didnt watch any tournament games if they think nothing is ever called on Tyler. Or any basketball games for that matter. He takes a beating. While he gets to the line a lot, there are a lot of times he should get there and never does.

Rutgers and Nevada games this season. Two straight games, two trips headfirst into the stantion. Two non-trips to the free throw line. One concussion. Didnt miss a game.

Tough as nails. At least when he was assaulted at Duke last year he didnt lay on the floor and cry like Laetner when Montross clocked him in 1992. Now there was a sissy. Money player, but a sissy.

LOL.... Cherokee Parks!
Actually Hansbrough burst into tears when he got clocked by Gerald Henderson in Chapel Hill, not Cameron, when ol' Roy still had him in the game trying to run up the score

As for Laettner - 4 Final Fours, two national championships, and the winning shot in the greatest college game ever played - no Tar Heel can match that (Jordan might have been able to, but the only man who was able to hold Jordan under 20 points a game in college was Dean Smith)

As for the sissy crack, I will consider the source (what 1992 game are you even talking about?)
Old 04-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #76
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
All signs point to HAnsborough coming back. He comes from a fortune and does not really need the $$$. I dont think he's ready anyway. I think the 3 above will test the waters but find no agents so they can come back. (I'd do the job gladly) LAwson @ 5'11" would probably be like the 5th PG taken... there wont be the big $$$ there for him that could be after another year of seasoning.

As ofr PG if he would go... Frasor will be back next year... and Larry Drew.

Ellington... I'm sorta thinking if any of them go its him....
I'm thinking all of them Declare, but Hansboroguh in my opinion appears to be the closest Lock towards Staying in NC. I could see him ending up with the Bobcats if he does go NBA.

Lawson needs more work to be NBA Successful. as well as Possibly Ellington.

Now if these guys are like the Florida Four, there is a good chance if one goes, they all go.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #77
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Quote:

LOL.... Cherokee Parks!
yes i seen many carolina games. and yes your pyscho T gets by with alot. you are just a homer if you think he doesnt. in fact there were a few no calls on hansbrough that should have been called.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
Old 04-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #78
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
And would you complain about home games had DUke been the #1 overall and played in NC? Doubtful. So erase that gripe. All the Duke fans would be crying thier eyes out if they were the #1 and people were complaining about 'home' games.

They earned it. Noone complains about the best team getting home field advantage in the NFL playoffs, so why should it be different here.

Carolina also came out of arguably the most difficult bracket in the tournament this year. 1 - 4 was loaded and the Arkansas team they beat wasnt too shabby.

Duke wasn't even worthy of a #2 seed. If anyone wants to argue Carolina go their #1 because of who they are, then you really gotta argue that for Duke being a #2 as well. They stunk the last 6 games of the year. They were a 3 maybe, a 4 at worst. They got #2 because of their name.

Seems like the rats are jumping ship at Duke. They just lost a promising shooter.
No actually I would be worried if the home court advantage would go to their heads. These are kids who are 18-22 years of age, some cases give or take a year. You can't always going in expecting to have a "free win". North Carolina played like shit, It was a case of North Carolina heat going to their head.

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! College Basketball and Pro Football are two totally different level and sports. In Pro Football those teams have BYE WEEKS. College Basketball you don't have a bye.

Arguably, yes, but was it, Toss up between them and maybe the Midwest.

Yes Duke was worthy of a No.2. Didn't Duke also beat the National Number 1? Also wasn't it AT THEIR HOUSE? Duke got it because they earned it. Had they not gone on that end of year slide, Duke was in a perfect spot to get a number 1 if not the National Number 1. Also Didn't Duke have the ACC's Rookie of the year?(Coughs Kyle Singler Coughs). Wasn't this also the same Duke team who saved themselves the humiliation of losing to a 15 seed when the 15 seed looked like they had the game locked up? That's called having the heart and will to come back. Don't give me the Didn't North Carolina do the same thing against Kansas card, it only matters if you win. I give them credit for doing just that, but still it won't matter in the future.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #79
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

i am still on the fence about duke getting the #2 seed. i think they got it based on they are Duke.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:55 PM   #80
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
i am still on the fence about duke getting the #2 seed. i think they got it based on they are Duke.
Agreed they were a #3 seed - IMO they got the #2 based on the weight given to beating Carolina in Chapel Hill and the mistaken belief the ACC was a good conference this year

Of course college ball was top heavy this year. Outside of Louisville (which blew its chance for a #2 by losing to Pitt in the Big East tournament) there were not a lot of deserving candidates for the #2 slot to replace Duke