Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #5091
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
The days of the Pens being a finesse team thats afraid to mix it up are in the past.

Lets see how physical they think the Pens are this time next week. Murray knows they're about to get thier ass kicked and is grasping at straws to motivate his team. If he was smart he would have kept his thoughts in house because this only serves to motivate the Pens.
I told HTG yesterday that I think you're going to see a side of the Penguins that nobody's seen before, and that they are going to bring the pain early and often. Nobody on this team has backed down from anyone this year, least of all the Killadelphia Cryers, and I don't expect them to back down from anyone on the Sens. I think all he did was wake the sleeping giant, and his words are going to come back to bite him in the ass.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #5092
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Yeah, you're right, and as of right now, I'm cutting myself off from reading those stories/blogs/message boards until either the Pens are eliminated or the playoffs are over. I had a good feeling going into this series, and I don't want anything putting doubt in my head.

Thanks for the positive vibes - I've gotten that confidence back that we're going to win this series, and now I'm ready for them to drop the puck.

LET'S GO PENS!!!!
Add in that the Pens have a healthy team going into tomorrow night's game (though I just heard on KDKA that Roberts is a game time decision) and the Sens have two of their top forwards out. We also have a red-hot goaltender in Fleury. Advantage: Pens.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 04-09-2008, 07:34 AM   #5093
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

I'm so excited for tonight! I hope we crush the Sens and any hope they have left

Here are the lines that they practiced in yesterday and what will likely be for game 1:

Dupuis - Crosby - Hossa
Malone - Malkin - Sykora
Ruutu - Staal - Kennedy
Roberts - Talbot - Laraque

Orpik - Gonchar
Gill - Letang
Scuderi - Whitney

I'm a little surprised to see Kennedy in there. He hasn't played much lately. He is fast but not physical. I would rather see Adam Hall center the 4th line and Talbot on the wing of the 3rd line. Hall is good defensively and good at faceoffs. Oh well, im sure he'll get his chance in another game

I really like our D pairings
Old 04-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #5094
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

The epitome of a douchebag:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08100/871573-61.stm

Ottawa writer urges Senators to injure Penguins stars

Wednesday, April 09, 2008
By Shelly Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Penguins dismissed calls from a newspaper writer from Ottawa to intentionally injure their first-round playoff opponents, star center Sidney Crosby in particular.

Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun wrote yesterday that forwards Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Marian Hossa and Petr Sykora and defenseman Sergei Gonchar "have to be targeted."

Of Crosby, who missed 28 games the second half of the season because of a high ankle sprain, Brennan wrote, "Crosby's got a bad RIGHT ankle? How will it stand up to a two-hander? The Senators have to find out." He urged an Ottawa player to "emerge as a modern-day Bobby Clarke" and recalled the 1972 Summit Series, when Clarke slashed the ankle of Valeri Kharlamov, sidelining the Russian star.

"They can write whatever they want, but, if somebody was to do that to the best player in the world, they'll be suspended the rest of the playoffs," Penguins winger and enforcer Georges Laraque said. "That writer is just stupid. I've never heard anything so stupid."

Crosby, asked about the article, said without missing a beat, "It's my left."

He didn't seem worried.

"It wouldn't be the first time something like that happened," Crosby said. "Teams obviously read injury reports. If a guy's got a bad shoulder, I'm sure you're not going to ease up and not hit him. That's typical. Whether or not they deliberately do it, who knows? But that's why refs are out there, to police the game and make sure that stuff doesn't happen."

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 04-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #5095
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Quote:
"They can write whatever they want, but, if somebody was to do that to the best player in the world, they'll be suspended the rest of the playoffs," Penguins winger and enforcer Georges Laraque said. "That writer is just stupid. I've never heard anything so stupid."
I love Laraque.

Quote:
Crosby, asked about the article, said without missing a beat, "It's my left."
. . .And Sid.

I'm getting really psyched for the game tonight!!!! I got tix last minute yesterday. Who else is going?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #5096
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

thats is preety funy from what sid said.. going to be a good game 2 nite.. lets go pens!!

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #5097
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

First of all, no Senator would dare deliberately attempt to injure any of our players. And if by the odd chance they did, then Jason Spezza and Dany Heatley are fair game, as far as I'm concerned. Eye for an eye. Secondly, it shows that the writer (and by proxy, the fans) doesn't have much faith in his team's chances of winning the series straight up, so taking out our best players is the only chance they have. I also find it pretty amazing that this writer would pen this article less than a week after Daniel Alfredsson was taken out by a blind-side hit by Toronto's Mark Bell, a hit that many Ottawa writers, fans and players spoke out against.

I will wait with baited breath for an "apology" article or "it was a joke" from the writer tomorrow, especially if the Pens beat the Sens handily tonight. "Joke" would be apropos, because the writer is a joke.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #5098
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counselor View Post
I'm getting really psyched for the game tonight!!!! I got tix last minute yesterday. Who else is going?
Lucky you! I would love to go, but HTG and I could not afford the playoff ticket package, so we gave it up, and the gate price for them is outrageous. So we will be watching and cheering them on from the comfort of our respective living rooms.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #5099
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Lucky you! I would love to go, but HTG and I could not afford the playoff ticket package, so we gave it up, and the gate price for them is outrageous. So we will be watching and cheering them on from the comfort of our respective living rooms.
It is outrageous!!!---I justified the expense as my brother's birthday present. I'll cheer loudly for you guys too!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #5100
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Ah, the plot thickens.

Losing to the Sens last year is reason enough to get up for this series, but this makes it better.

I'm sick of people talking of the Pens as being a finesse team. I hope they go out and sweep these clowns.
Closed Thread