Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: If Albert was already taken would taking Stewart be ok?
yes 12 54.55%
no 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2008, 01:52 AM   #11
Steel Buckeye
Banned

Member Number: 8276
Default Re: Is Bob Labriola crazy?!

No. Drafting a RB with the first pick would be very stupid. The Steelers need to address the O-line!!! We have Willie, Kreider, Davenport, Carey Davis, and Gary Russell. How about a replacement for Faneca, or Willie Colon who allowed 12.5 sacks in 2007? How do you expect our franchise QB to continue to play with no pass protection? I will be very pissed if the Steelers waste their first rounder on a RB when we don't even need one.
Steel Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:22 AM   #12
tsmartnick
Water Boy

Member Number: 8334

hey rbryan i was just wondering, i see it alot, but what does IMO stand for? i would love stewart in the first hes big and powerful, and actually a very good return man then we could go, rachal in 2 and red bryant 3 and jordy nelson or jerome simpson in 4, that is more like a fantasy draft though, but i would love that
tsmartnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:03 AM   #13
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,173 Times in 1,349 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I think we should take the best player available as long as it's not a qb or te.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:16 AM   #14
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by galax steeler View Post
I think we should take the best player available as long as it's not a qb or te.
Its hard for me to argue with BAP. Just that most of us with have a different oppinion who that is.

7 Days To Go.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:16 AM   #15
Give It To Abercrombie
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Buckeye View Post
No. Drafting a RB with the first pick would be very stupid. The Steelers need to address the O-line!!! We have Willie, Kreider, Davenport, Carey Davis, and Gary Russell. How about a replacement for Faneca, or Willie Colon who allowed 12.5 sacks in 2007? How do you expect our franchise QB to continue to play with no pass protection? I will be very pissed if the Steelers waste their first rounder on a RB when we don't even need one.
We don't even need one? How good was that running game after Willie got hurt? What if his injury had been in week 2, how do you think our ground game would have ranked? I am not suggesting we should take Stewart if several good linemen are there but I certainly wouldn't call it stupid.

So are first round linemen locks? Just because we draft a guy in the first round like Cherilus, does that automatically mean he'll be better than Collins in the second or Barton in the fourth for example?

Personally I hope our first three picks (in any order) are offensive tackle, defensive line (DE or DT) and cornerback.

IMO = In My Opinion
Give It To Abercrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:33 AM   #16
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

No player is a lock, all the more reason to go OL or DL early and often in this draft. I have nothing against Stewart, I just don't think any RB, let alone one with a bad wheel is worth a first rounder. With the OL we have now you could reincarnate Walter Payton and he'd be a bust. It always starts up front, football 101.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #17
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Iv'e been thinking about this the last few days...this draft is gonna be scary...

I think the needs are on OL and DL, even at CB. Problem is, at 23, will there be anyone left of first round caliber to pick to fill these needs? I think its a waste of first round money to grab a player we need to fill a void, that we could easily have in rd. 2. Some of these o-linemen (Otha and Cherilus for example) could fall into rd.2 from what I see. Do you give them 1st rd. $$$ if they may not pan out, or worse yet, if they will be there later?

Is it a better option to take the best player available @ 23 even if it does not fit one of these major needs? I was dead set against and RB or WR for a while, but I'm starting to think if one of the top ones is still there @ 23, we should take a flyer on him.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:49 PM   #18
Give It To Abercrombie
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
No player is a lock, all the more reason to go OL or DL early and often in this draft. I have nothing against Stewart, I just don't think any RB, let alone one with a bad wheel is worth a first rounder. With the OL we have now you could reincarnate Walter Payton and he'd be a bust. It always starts up front, football 101.
Thanks, I'm stuck in remedial Football. Hoping to take 101 next semester.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:51 PM   #19
Give It To Abercrombie
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give It To Abercrombie View Post
Thanks, I'm stuck in remedial Football. Hoping to take 101 next semester.
If Walter Payton would be a bust, does that mean that Willie Parker is that much better than 'Sweetness'? He was leading the league in rushing before he got hurt.....
Old 04-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #20
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give It To Abercrombie View Post
We don't even need one? How good was that running game after Willie got hurt? What if his injury had been in week 2, how do you think our ground game would have ranked? I am not suggesting we should take Stewart if several good linemen are there but I certainly wouldn't call it stupid.

So are first round linemen locks? Just because we draft a guy in the first round like Cherilus, does that automatically mean he'll be better than Collins in the second or Barton in the fourth for example?

Personally I hope our first three picks (in any order) are offensive tackle, defensive line (DE or DT) and cornerback.

IMO = In My Opinion

Thank You!!

Stewart in the first doesn't seem all that bad does it buckeye