Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225
Default LETS GO PENS!!

I have to admit that I just recently fell back in love with the Pens.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's I was at college in Rochester, NY. While there I developed a love for hockey. I went to as many college games as I could. It is more fun to watch live than football. I know that's almost criminal to say around here but for me it's true.

I'll watch football all day long on tv but hockey didn't seem the same. That is until I started watching it on our HDTV! Damn what a difference!

I've been watching as many Pens games as I can recently. It looks fantastic now too. On my old tv I had a very hard time following the puck but not now.

Don't get me wrong, I've kept track of the Pens over the years, but not nearly to the extent that I do the Steelers. I think though... that's changed.

My wife told at me twice last night to stop yelling at the tv because the kids were trying to sleep.

Anyway... These last two games have been especially sweet for me out here in Philthadelphia land. I get to listen to them whine about the losses! I love it!

Tuesday can't get here fast enough. This is gonna be even sweeter.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: LETS GO PENS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
My wife told at me twice last night to stop yelling at the tv because the kids were trying to sleep.
I'll bet you dollars to donuts one of those times was when the refs (and Toronto) put the kabash on that goal. My slipper didn't get its usual workout last night - I had to only use it twice. Once on that screw up by the refs and the other when that big lummox Hatcher face-washed Ruutu and Ruutu got the penalty.

I've been a Pens fan almost as long as I've been a Steelers fan (age 4) and I've been with them all the way through their lean years (and there were many) and glory years. It feels so good as a diehard Pens fan to feel the energy this team exuberates and the very positive outlook they have in future seasons!

LETS GO PENS!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

I know what you're saying about the HD coverage. So much easier to follow the game now. Remember when they tried the experiment with the puck highlighted in red on the TV coverage??? that red blur flying around the screen used to give me a headache...lol

With a 55" HD screen I don't think I could see any better if I had the best seats in the house.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

I tell you what... If I had an HDTV all these years I'd probably be as hardcore Pens as I am Steelers. We just got ours last year.

It's freaking crystal clear! Almost as good as being there... almost.

The kids were watching, of all things, Mary Poppins yesterday evening right before the game started. I walked in and changed the channel and promptly got chewed out for it. To which I reminded them that one of the reasons we have such a nice huge HDTV is so that dad can watch his sports in HD. They sulked their way upstairs to finish watching it.

To my wife's credit she didn't bother me at all except to tell me to keep it down a bit.

Oh and yes... I was hollering about that "non-goal" we got hosed on. That didn't get me in trouble though. Talbot's goal was one and Hatcher's facerip was the other.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
I tell you what... If I had an HDTV all these years I'd probably be as hardcore Pens as I am Steelers. We just got ours last year.

It's freaking crystal clear! Almost as good as being there... almost.

The kids were watching, of all things, Mary Poppins yesterday evening right before the game started. I walked in and changed the channel and promptly got chewed out for it. To which I reminded them that one of the reasons we have such a nice huge HDTV is so that dad can watch his sports in HD. They sulked their way upstairs to finish watching it.

To my wife's credit she didn't bother me at all except to tell me to keep it down a bit.

Oh and yes... I was hollering about that "non-goal" we got hosed on. That didn't get me in trouble though. Talbot's goal was one and Hatcher's facerip was the other.
Funny thing.. last night (well, the first game actually) was the first time I watched hockey in hidef as well. IT sure DOES make a difference. Though I was a little miffed ti was only broadcasted in 2.0 instead of 5.1.

Oh well... its not like I am spoiled or anything!

Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

I used to LOOOOVE the St. Louis Blues. I started watching less and less and then when the strike came, i quit. I still go to Hershey for the Bears now and then.

That pic of Crosby waving the Terrible Towel may convert me!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
I have to admit that I just recently fell back in love with the Pens.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's I was at college in Rochester, NY. While there I developed a love for hockey. I went to as many college games as I could. It is more fun to watch live than football. I know that's almost criminal to say around here but for me it's true.

I'll watch football all day long on tv but hockey didn't seem the same. That is until I started watching it on our HDTV! Damn what a difference!

I've been watching as many Pens games as I can recently. It looks fantastic now too. On my old tv I had a very hard time following the puck but not now.

Don't get me wrong, I've kept track of the Pens over the years, but not nearly to the extent that I do the Steelers. I think though... that's changed.

Anyway... These last two games have been especially sweet for me out here in Philthadelphia land. I get to listen to them whine about the losses! I love it!

Tuesday can't get here fast enough. This is gonna be even sweeter.
Welcome back to the bandwagon.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
That pic of Crosby waving the Terrible Towel may convert me!
I bought that pic in a really nice frame at an art show about 4 months ago! It proudly adorns my wall in the hallway!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #9
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Welcome back to the bandwagon.
Thanks.

One of the things about hockey though is the regular season is too long. I think they ought to shorten it by 15 to 20 games.

Before they reorganized the league, I rarely bothered paying attention to the regular season games, unless I had a ticket to go. Back then it seemed like virtually every team made the playoffs.

I do like this playoff format better. Not as many teams make it and the level of play is higher.

HD makes all the difference for me though. Oh and as stated before that period when they highlighted the puck was awful. That made it worse.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #10
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I love the Pens.

But it sucks living in Cleveland, Ohio where there is little hockey coverage overall, and the little there coverage they give is on the Blue Jackets.

However, when I get my own place it's hello DirecTV...hello NFL Network...hello NFL Sunday Ticket...hello NHL Center Ice!

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote