Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-20-2005, 09:11 PM   #11
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: I agree with Bayless on 1st and 10 (ESPN)

I don't buy Bayless's Mularkey. The Steelers are for real if they can come back from the great beyond and into the playoff race.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:00 AM   #12
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,286 Times in 650 Posts

Skip Bayless is the epitomy of scum yellow journalism. He is the same a-hole that wrote a book about Troy Aikman being gay, the guy has never put on a uniform in his life and degrades not analyzes athletes and teams. He is piece of you know what and anytime I see or hear him I do my best to change the channel or station. BSPN already has turned the corner to tabliod garbage, adding him and that nitwit, clueless dipbleep Woody Paige just adds to it. Skip Bayless belongs in the toilet and so does everything he writes or says.....
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:23 AM   #13
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Skip going into week three this season picked us as his top team, now with some injuries we are crap??? If we didn`t need Tommy to blow a couple games for us, then everyone would be talking about us. The good teams, has Palmer missed a game? Manning miss any? Brady ? Hasselback? Brees? Plummer? No. Our offensive line played thier worst when Ben was out, cuz the other defenses played the run, the knew we were unable to pass with that bum maddox. If Ben was healthy all year, we wouldn`t be having this conversation!
Old 12-21-2005, 08:16 AM   #14
SteelCurtain
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Skip going into week three this season picked us as his top team, now with some injuries we are crap??? If we didn`t need Tommy to blow a couple games for us, then everyone would be talking about us. The good teams, has Palmer missed a game? Manning miss any? Brady ? Hasselback? Brees? Plummer? No. Our offensive line played thier worst when Ben was out, cuz the other defenses played the run, the knew we were unable to pass with that bum maddox. If Ben was healthy all year, we wouldn`t be having this conversation!
exactly, and you know what's even worse...we still almost won those games w/ maddox and no offense whatsoever
Old 12-21-2005, 02:20 PM   #15
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Peak Steelers, Peak!!!!
Old 12-21-2005, 04:03 PM   #16
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

The Steelers would most likely be 11-3 right now had Ben stayed healthy all year (12-2 if you take away the HORRBILE turnovers against Cincy). That said, playing as the #6 seed with 3 straight playoff road games just to sniff the Superbowl is a tall order for ANY team.

Add to the mix that Cowher has proven time and again he and his staff come up VERY small in huge playoff games and our chances ain't looking so good. After going 15-1 last year we needed a lucky break from a crappy Jets placekicker just to get to the AFCCG where Cowher again came up real small. Granted we had a rookie QB, but come next year that excuse just won't fly anymore with me.

I can see us winning one playoff game this year then going into Indy against a rested team with EVERYTHING to prove and getting our asses whooped. I hope I eat crow on this one, but that's just how I see it playing out ... (assuming we lock up this last spot which is NO guarantee right now).
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:58 PM   #17
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eztarget
The Steelers would most likely be 11-3 right now had Ben stayed healthy all year (12-2 if you take away the HORRBILE turnovers against Cincy). That said, playing as the #6 seed with 3 straight playoff road games just to sniff the Superbowl is a tall order for ANY team.

Add to the mix that Cowher has proven time and again he and his staff come up VERY small in huge playoff games and our chances ain't looking so good. After going 15-1 last year we needed a lucky break from a crappy Jets placekicker just to get to the AFCCG where Cowher again came up real small. Granted we had a rookie QB, but come next year that excuse just won't fly anymore with me.

I can see us winning one playoff game this year then going into Indy against a rested team with EVERYTHING to prove and getting our asses whooped. I hope I eat crow on this one, but that's just how I see it playing out ... (assuming we lock up this last spot which is NO guarantee right now).
i wouldn`t blame Cowher this season i f we come up short. Ben has a thumb problem, I really think it is more serious than we would like to think. I mean gloves indoors! He has some problems