Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-20-2005, 06:03 PM   #21
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: Good Luck Steelers.

hopefully that streak is broken before we make it there. the pats are very scary in the playoffs, and if we met them in the afc championship i'd be shitting bricks all week. the only team that will blow out the pats is the colts cause of their style, our style keeps them in the game and that's not good with that bastard brady
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:35 PM   #22
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
hopefully that streak is broken before we make it there. the pats are very scary in the playoffs, and if we met them in the afc championship i'd be shitting bricks all week. the only team that will blow out the pats is the colts cause of their style, our style keeps them in the game and that's not good with that bastard brady
You could argue that neither style has been particularly effective against the Pats - against the Steelers we take away the run, against the Colts we take away Mannings easy reads of our Defensive backfield.

Maybe I am biased, but the Colts win against us earlier in the season wont be that relevant come the playoffs should we meet - our D has stepped it up a few notches since then and we are creating pressure on the opposition QB on a regular basis.

In the regular season blow out I think we got pressure on Manning once....and he threw a pick - that will be our recipe for success again if we get there.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 02:23 PM   #23
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
You could argue that neither style has been particularly effective against the Pats - against the Steelers we take away the run, against the Colts we take away Mannings easy reads of our Defensive backfield.

Maybe I am biased, but the Colts win against us earlier in the season wont be that relevant come the playoffs should we meet - our D has stepped it up a few notches since then and we are creating pressure on the opposition QB on a regular basis.

In the regular season blow out I think we got pressure on Manning once....and he threw a pick - that will be our recipe for success again if we get there.

NM
i've noticed as long as you get pressure on a qb, they're nothing. i noticed this with brady along with peyton. last year in the reg season we got pressue on brady, he looked so confused and was moving his feet like someone with a gun was playing the game 'dance.' pressure=victory (even with a preo bowl qb)
Old 12-21-2005, 05:18 PM   #24
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers
i've noticed as long as you get pressure on a qb, they're nothing. i noticed this with brady along with peyton. last year in the reg season we got pressue on brady, he looked so confused and was moving his feet like someone with a gun was playing the game 'dance.' pressure=victory (even with a preo bowl qb)
That actually happens to be complete nonsense.

Brady is the best in the NFL at sensing pressure and then moving just far enough from it in order to get his pass off.

Did you not see Brady's pass at the weekend when Simeon Rice had a full grip on his helmet - Brady STILL completed a 27 yard pass right on the money.

Or maybe you think that Brady has the best O-Line in the league?

Manning has had the benefit of excellent protection for the vast majority of his NFL career, how often do you see him getting hit just as he throws?

I bet its not often because I can tell you - this episode against San Diego at the weekend was typical of what he does on the RARE OCCASION when the heat is on.

Maybe you think quoting one game of your choice is enough evidence to prove your 'theory' ...I do not.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:25 PM   #25
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
That actually happens to be complete nonsense.

Brady is the best in the NFL at sensing pressure and then moving just far enough from it in order to get his pass off.

Did you not see Brady's pass at the weekend when Simeon Rice had a full grip on his helmet - Brady STILL completed a 27 yard pass right on the money.

Or maybe you think that Brady has the best O-Line in the league?

Manning has had the benefit of excellent protection for the vast majority of his NFL career, how often do you see him getting hit just as he throws?

I bet its not often because I can tell you - this episode against San Diego at the weekend was typical of what he does on the RARE OCCASION when the heat is on.

Maybe you think quoting one game of your choice is enough evidence to prove your 'theory' ...I do not.

NM
well the only patsies games i watch are against the steelers....the games we lost we couldnt get pressue, the game we won we did. thats all i based it on
Old 12-21-2005, 05:31 PM   #26
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers
well the only patsies games i watch are against the steelers....the games we lost we couldnt get pressue, the game we won we did. thats all i based it on
Right.......well that sample size is way too small to be making assumptions about how Brady and Manning react under pressure.

I have seen plenty of games of both QB's and Brady deals with pressure alot better than Manning - one factor could be that Manning is just not used to dealing with a pass rush - his O-Line is quite a bit superior to ours.

The Brady 'dancing with guns' game you quoted happened to be one where we managed to run for 5 YARDS all game due to Corey Dillon being out - this meant that the Steelers rushed Brady every time knowing he had to pass.

NM