Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #101
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

This is what the steelers will be doing to the Browns this season and seasons to come and
This is what the clowns are,
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #102
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
And after concerts and Indians games.

uhh..We do OH-IO too. I witnessed that at a Van Halen concert. No joke.

Cleveland Hates Pittsburgh, like Ohio hates Michigan.

Stuff like that spills over into different sports sometimes. The Majority of the fans around here don't really care.

If you're so offended about it, then I donno, don't go to Sporting Events in Cleveland. I wouldn't get all upset if they were chanting about how much we suck at Steelers games, Because I don't choose to attend those.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #103
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post
uhh..We do OH-IO too. I witnessed that at a Van Halen concert. No joke.

Cleveland Hates Pittsburgh, like Ohio hates Michigan.

Stuff like that spills over into different sports sometimes. The Majority of the fans around here don't really care.

If you're so offended about it, then I donno, don't go to Sporting Events in Cleveland. I wouldn't get all upset if they were chanting about how much we suck at Steelers games, Because I don't choose to attend those.
I join in on the OH-IO chants.

Oh, and it doesn't offend me. I get a chuckle out of it. I get a good laugh when at a Cavs game when they need to crowd to make noise (such as the opposing player attempting free throws), they have to flash the Steelers logo on the scoreboard.

It's just envy, that's all.....envy and obsession.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:05 PM   #104
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Quote:
I join in on the OH-IO chants.

Oh, and it doesn't offend me. I get a chuckle out of it. I get a good laugh when at a Cavs game when they need to crowd to make noise (such as the opposing player attempting free throws), they have to flash the Steelers logo on the scoreboard.

It's just envy, that's all.....envy and obsession.
Okay, if it is Envy, then why do the Meatchicken logo as well to get us to boo? As I can recall OSU has dominated them the last seven seasons. Hardly any envy there.

It's a rivalry morseo than obsession. Hell, if thats an obsession, then why did Myron Cope co-write Jim Browns Auto-bio?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:15 PM   #105
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Okay, if it is Envy, then why do the Meatchicken logo as well to get us to boo? As I can recall OSU has dominated them the last seven seasons. Hardly any envy there.

It's a rivalry morseo than obsession. Hell, if thats an obsession, then why did Myron Cope co-write Jim Browns Auto-bio?
Don't even bring up Michigan...the only fans I hate more than Michigan fans are Miami (Fl.) fans.

Uhh......out of respect for the great Jim Brown? Surprisngly, I have not read Brown's auto-bio yet.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:32 PM   #106
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Quote:
Don't even bring up Michigan...the only fans I hate more than Michigan fans are Miami (Fl.) fans.

Uhh......out of respect for the great Jim Brown? Surprisngly, I have not read Brown's auto-bio yet.
Thats what I'm saying for many NeOhioans, the axis of evil IS New York/Boston/Michigan/Pittsburgh. You're an exception to one of those.

Heck, if that means were jealous of you guys, Do I take it that the amount of threads dedicated to the Patsies means you guys are Jealous of them? No, of course not ;)
Old 06-05-2008, 10:43 PM   #107
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Thats what I'm saying for many NeOhioans, the axis of evil IS New York/Boston/Michigan/Pittsburgh. You're an exception to one of those.

Heck, if that means were jealous of you guys, Do I take it that the amount of threads dedicated to the Patsies means you guys are Jealous of them? No, of course not ;)
I hate New York (screw the Yankees, Mets, and Knicks)...Boston (Red Sox Suck, however I am rooting for Boston against the Lakers, and I hate hte Bruins)...Michigan SUCKS (screw scUM, the Tigers, and the Red Wings, the Lions haven't been good enough to care about).

However, Pittsburgh is the exception for me. Absolutley love my Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins.

Only Cleveland team I don't like is the Browns.

I'm not jealous of the Patsies, just resentful due to the fact that they cheated their way to three Lombardies.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #108
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Quote:
I hate New York (screw the Yankees, Mets, and Knicks)...Boston (Red Sox Suck, however I am rooting for Boston against the Lakers, and I hate hte Bruins)...Michigan SUCKS (screw scUM, the Tigers, and the Red Wings, the Lions haven't been good enough to care about).

However, Pittsburgh is the exception for me. Absolutley love my Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins.

Only Cleveland team I don't like is the Browns.

I'm not jealous of the Patsies, just resentful due to the fact that they cheated their way to three Lombardies.
Just curious and not meant to sound like an ass, but why are you a fan of the tribe, cavs and Bucks as well? I mean I have no prob. with it personally, as I've met a few people like you who share the same teams. Personally never have a prob. with that as long as you don't swap teams in the middle like a view do around here.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #109
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Just curious and not meant to sound like an ass, but why are you a fan of the tribe, cavs and Bucks as well? I mean I have no prob. with it personally, as I've met a few people like you who share the same teams. Personally never have a prob. with that as long as you don't swap teams in the middle like a view do around here.
Jesus, I just posted this on another board last week, lol.

My grandparents are from the Uniontown/Brownsfield area of Pennsylvania. My Grandpa is one of my best friends, he had a big hand in raising me. He's a lifelong Steelers fan, and he pushed me towards them at an early age. However, he didn't push me towards any other sports or teams, just the Steelers.

Indians- Okay the Pirates suck ass, they have my whole life. When I was growing up (born in 1985) the Indians were the shiat. They are also easier to follow seeing how I live in Cleveland. If the Pirates were any good, they'd be easy to follow too. I am a fan of both, seeing how one is in the AL and the other is in the NL, it makes sense at least to me. But when the match up, I'm Indians all the way.

Cavs- Pittsburgh doesn't have a pro basketball team, making it super easy to root for the Cavs.

Buckeyes- I love Pittsburgh sports teams, not Pennsylvania sports teams. I live in Ohio, so Ohio State was a natural choice. Plus my step-dad is a big Buckeye fan, so he had some influence over the desicion. I am a Pitt Panther fan, but not nearly to the brinks of my fandome of the Buckeyes. Oh and if they meet...OH-IO!

Don't worry, you didn't sound like an ass, it was a legit question. Maybe you haven't noticed, but I live in Cleveland, Ohio.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #110
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Quote:
Jesus, I just posted this on another board last week, lol.

My grandparents are from the Uniontown/Brownsfield area of Pennsylvania. My Grandpa is one of my best friends, he had a big hand in raising me. He's a lifelong Steelers fan, and he pushed me towards them at an early age. However, he didn't push me towards any other sports or teams, just the Steelers.

Indians- Okay the Pirates suck ass, they have my whole life. When I was growing up (born in 1985) the Indians were the shiat. They are also easier to follow seeing how I live in Cleveland. If the Pirates were any good, they'd be easy to follow too. I am a fan of both, seeing how one is in the AL and the other is in the NL, it makes sense at least to me. But when the match up, I'm Indians all the way.

Cavs- Pittsburgh doesn't have a pro basketball team, making it super easy to root for the Cavs.

Buckeyes- I love Pittsburgh sports teams, not Pennsylvania sports teams. I live in Ohio, so Ohio State was a natural choice. Plus my step-dad is a big Buckeye fan, so he had some influence over the desicion. I am a Pitt Panther fan, but not nearly to the brinks of my fandome of the Buckeyes. Oh and if they meet...OH-IO!

Don't worry, you didn't sound like an ass, it was a legit question. Maybe you haven't noticed, but I live in Cleveland, Ohio.
Nah, no prob.

I have the family legacy thing with My first fav. college Team Purdue as my dads from that area, and went to their games as a little kid. My grandpa went there and my uncle played Guard there. I mainly root for OSU as well because I want to have fun with my friends who pretty much agree with me on every other team. I hope that doesn't sound to bandwagonish. As for the Tribe I grew up during the World Series runs they made in the 90's and were my first introduction into the Sport, but i would've loved to see them in the 80's just to prove my fanhood of the team. LBJ=From Akron, my hometown area, so Cleveland being the nearest b-ball team and him playing for them is a no-brainer.

As For My Brownies, I was a fan, but when I was a kid, they left town, I remeber my dad REALLY hating Moddell and I remember being really excited about the Saints win we had in '99. I think I really became more of a fan actually when we were at our lowest and The Steelers were at their Highest, There were so many folks in my High School the week of Super Bowl XL that had so many BS and lame excuses all of a sudden that they were Steelers fans all their life and all this other crap, when they could not name more than two players on the roster, and we're mainly wearing the jersey's as a Fashion statement. That sorta really got me angry as I thought that was really pathetic to just jump-ship for the Rivals (I'll have to tell you some stories sometime about how pathetic some of these folks were in regards to being fans.). Hence why I'm not too high on Pittsburgh at the moment. I'll never bash a true hardcore Steelers fan though.