Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-13-2008, 08:06 AM   #21
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Awesome Early Season Matchup!!!!

And USC lost to Stanford, a MUCH worse team than Appy State. And look at the SEC creampuff schedule again, there, Happy.

Citadel, Tennesse-Martin, Louisiana Monroe, Wofford, Western Kentucky, Norfolk State, Southeastern Louisiana, North Texas.

Shameful ignorance to compare apples and apples and claim one apple is an orange.

Newsflash: Nobody missed you.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:19 AM   #22
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
And USC lost to Stanford, a MUCH worse team than Appy State. And look at the SEC creampuff schedule again, there, Happy.

Citadel, Tennesse-Martin, Louisiana Monroe, Wofford, Western Kentucky, Norfolk State, Southeastern Louisiana, North Texas.

Shameful ignorance to compare apples and apples and claim one apple is an orange.

Newsflash: Nobody missed you.
And nobody would miss you if you got hit by a bus on the way to work today ya jerk. It's a message board. You're one of those guys who takes these things way too freaking seriously.

I pointed out where the Big Ten pads their schedule and you just ignore it because you're a blind Big Ten homer. If that's how you want to do things, that's fine by me. Only an idiot thinks the Big Ten is even close to the SEC. Pick any stat you want, Top 10 finishes, Bowl wins, draft picks, national championships, etc and the SEC smokes your precious Big Ten time after time. Your blind ignorance in this matter just ruins your credibility, not that you had much after some of the other outrageous stuff you've posted.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:25 AM   #23
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Conference strength is cyclical, and everyone with a tenth of brain realizes that. If I was you, (and thank Christ I'm not!), this would be the point where I would whine and weep and cry to the mods about "how mean rev is being to me".

They ALL pad their schedule. You are the one somehow claiming that it's only the Big Ten who commits a sin by doing it.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:31 AM   #24
Jeremy
Banned

Quote:
Conference strength is cyclical, and everyone with a tenth of brain realizes that. If I was you, (and thank Christ I'm not!), this would be the point where I would whine and weep and cry to the mods about "how mean rev is being to me".

They ALL pad their schedule. You are the one somehow claiming that it's only the Big Ten who commits a sin by doing it.
Being mean? Unless being stupid is being mean, I wouldn't say that. You're giving yourself way too much credit.

And as far as cyclical goes, a conference's strength is in it's coaches. Until the Big Ten can hire some decent coaches this side of Paterno and Tressel, they'll continue to suck hind teet behind the SEC and maybe even the ACC and PAC 10.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:36 AM   #25
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I'd LOVE to rip you up, and it'd be easy, but this is the newer, kindler gentler SF, and I don't need any more infractions (and do you really want another month vacation?), so I'm gonna take the high road and just leave this right where it's at.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #26
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

this is the michigan schedule for this upcoming season
Utah
Miami (Ohio)
Notre Dame
Wisconsin
Illinois
Toledo
Penn State
Michigan State
Purdue
Minnesota
Northwestern
Ohio State

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #27
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

The SEC talks a great game, and on paper, they look great. But each year there are really only 2 teams from SEC that are "great" the others are all average and would be average in any other conference.

Last year, look at LSU closely. (I'm neither a 10 or SEC fan) so I'm objective on the matter as far as I'm concerned.

At Miss State (A dog in the conference) The QB for Miss State had 7 ints before being pulled, tough game.

Home against Va Tech (Va Tech, the shooting sent that program into a black cloud that it took weeks to get out of, Football was the last thing on their minds. Plus it was at LSU not at Va Tech. USC at least had the guts to play at Va Tech in their Title Season)

Middle Tennessee (Yawn)

South Carolina (pretty ok team, in conference game)

at Tulane (34-9, yeah that was close competition)

Florida (Again, home game, barely won. Florida also wasn't as good as people though as Michigan proved in the bowl)

At Kentucky (yawn, Kentucky is good every 5 years or so, and they LOST to Kentucky)

Auburn, (gutsy call late in the game to throw a pass deep on 4th won this game for LSU)

at Bama (Bama is still 2 years away from being viable in the SEC, and the LSU Defense let Bama score 34 points.)

Lousiana Tech (yawn)

at Ole Miss (Another SEC bottom feeder, basically their Indiana)

Home against Arkansas (Lost at home, to a team that had no passing game, and just lined up and ran and ran and ran and ran all day on that Dorsey punk)

37 day lay off, they beat OSU by 12 points in their own back yard. Play that game in the snow in Ohio and then see what happens.

I'm not Impressed at all by LSU's "winning season" last season.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #28
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Jeremy, revs - just for you.

Don't thank me - it was nuthin.

Quote:
but this is the newer, kindler gentler SF
No - this is the SF where members are welcomed and encouraged to debate without snide, childish and unnecessary remarks OUTSIDE of the BF. C'mon guys - give it a break will ya?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #29
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
No - this is the SF where members are welcomed and encouraged to debate without snide, childish and unnecessary remarks OUTSIDE of the BF. C'mon guys - give it a break will ya?
Oh, you mean like the post above where I point out LSU's schedule and lack of serious competition on it, and their 2 losses one at home, one to a dog of the conference and question the SEC getting so much "praise".

That type of lack of snideness.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #30
Jeremy
Banned

Quote:
I'd LOVE to rip you up, and it'd be easy, but this is the newer, kindler gentler SF, and I don't need any more infractions (and do you really want another month vacation?), so I'm gonna take the high road and just leave this right where it's at.
Frankly I don't care if I banned for life.

Your arguments are weak and you've made some really outlandish statements in the past.

You have about as much credibility around here as I do, so maybe you should get down from your high horse.