Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #11
Jeremy
Banned
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great American Southwest
Posts: 3,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Notre Dame, NBC agree to five-year deal through 2015

Anyway....I wanted to make a bigger point here.

People like to gripe about ESPN. My chief complaint with ESPN is they push themselves as the brand instead of whatever sport they're broadcasting.

Quote:
NBC Sports chairman Dick Ebersol said the network doesn't look at year-to-year results when it comes to Notre Dame, calling the football program a premier brand that defines the network as much as the Olympics, the NFL and the U.S. Open golf championship.
NBC Sports, much like CBS, defines itself by what it broadcasts.

I prefer that method to the self promotion that you get with ESPN and Fox.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #12
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Notre Dame, NBC agree to five-year deal through 2015

Notre Dame is not worthy of having its own network to broadcast their games. The only reason they do this is so all games are guaranteed to be on. Most of the teams they play are shit. Personally I think its bogus. No College team should have their own seperate station to broadcast their games.

GROW A SET NOTRE DAME AND JOIN THE BIG TEN. In the Big Ten 3 rivals are already there in Penn State, Mcihigan, and Purdue. They pick up more marquee match ups with Ohio State and some of the time, Wisconsin. 5 big Games there with games against schools such as Indiana, Northwestern, Iowa, etc. still in the area. and if the Big Ten were to have 4 spots avaliable as it does now with the Conference schedule, they could still schedule USC and Pitt.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #13
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Notre Dame, NBC agree to five-year deal through 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Dump Indiana and Northwestern. IU can join the MAC, Northwestern can join the Ivy League. ND and PSU round out a perfectly balanced Big Ten that has a pedigree that no other conference can ever challenge. You'd have 4 of the most storied programs in college football flying under one banner.
Northwestern and Indiana are essentially in Big Ten Country. Kind of hard for them to get anywhere else unless one goes to the MAC and one goes Big XII.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #14
Jeremy
Banned
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great American Southwest
Posts: 3,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Notre Dame, NBC agree to five-year deal through 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Notre Dame is not worthy of having its own network to broadcast their games. The only reason they do this is so all games are guaranteed to be on. Most of the teams they play are shit. Personally I think its bogus. No College team should have their own seperate station to broadcast their games.

GROW A SET NOTRE DAME AND JOIN THE BIG TEN. In the Big Ten 3 rivals are already there in Penn State, Mcihigan, and Purdue. They pick up more marquee match ups with Ohio State and some of the time, Wisconsin. 5 big Games there with games against schools such as Indiana, Northwestern, Iowa, etc. still in the area. and if the Big Ten were to have 4 spots avaliable as it does now with the Conference schedule, they could still schedule USC and Pitt.
Why would they want the most overrated conference in the country? So they can dominate Penn State year in and year out?

Actually, I'd love to see that.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #15
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Notre Dame, NBC agree to five-year deal through 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Why would they want the most overrated conference in the country? So they can dominate Penn State year in and year out?

Actually, I'd love to see that.
Sort of like they did last September?

31-10

Notre Dame fans know this score. As well as Penn State fans.

Notre Dame dominate Penn State? GIVE ME A BREAK.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #16
Hawk Believer
Team Captain
 
Hawk Believer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 866
Member Number: 1580
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Notre Dame, NBC agree to five-year deal through 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Marshall and WVU will never agree to in the same conference.
Why is that?
__________________
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man. - Jebediah Springfield
Hawk Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #17
millwalldavey
Head Coach
 
millwalldavey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Coal Township PA.
Posts: 1,510
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Notre Dame, NBC agree to five-year deal through 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
GROW A SET NOTRE DAME AND JOIN THE BIG TEN. In the Big Ten 3 rivals are already there in Penn State, Mcihigan, and Purdue.
They historically play MSU as well.
__________________
millwalldavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #18
Jeremy
Banned
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great American Southwest
Posts: 3,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Notre Dame, NBC agree to five-year deal through 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Sort of like they did last September?

31-10

Notre Dame fans know this score. As well as Penn State fans.

Notre Dame dominate Penn State? GIVE ME A BREAK.
Congrates, your acient head coach managed a win over Notre Dame in the worst season in Notre Dame history.

It takes a Penn State fan to brag about that.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:03 PM   #19
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Notre Dame, NBC agree to five-year deal through 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Congrates, your acient head coach managed a win over Notre Dame in the worst season in Notre Dame history.

It takes a Penn State fan to brag about that.
Win is a win. Though I will admit it would have helped more in 2006, I'm just making sure them folks in Irish land do not forget.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:46 AM   #20
Jeremy
Banned
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great American Southwest
Posts: 3,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Notre Dame, NBC agree to five-year deal through 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Win is a win. Though I will admit it would have helped more in 2006, I'm just making sure them folks in Irish land do not forget.
What's the last time Penn State won a ntional championship?
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts