Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-24-2005, 09:11 AM   #11
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420
Default Re: Serious Crack smoking going on over at CBS Sportsline

They are picking the Browns bc it is a divisional game, and a wild card upset to the Steelers.....Can't say they are dumb for it bc some of the best football is played between divisional teams, no matter if one of them is 13-0 and the other 0-13. The Browns would love nothing more then to upset your playoff hopes I for one want you guys to win bc a Cincy/Pitts part 3 would be nice.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:04 AM   #12
Rush58
Starter

Member Number: 516

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
well you sure like to bring this up as much as you can, and i somewhat agree with you, but what if we win the championship this year the way we play now, what would you be saying then? i know i've been hard on cowher and will probably continue to whether we win it all or not, but you never know, this style could take us to detroit this year and we can win it all running the ball a lot. and who's to say cowher won't open it up in the playoffs when it matters the most?
Sorry, I just don?t want to see a repeat performance of last year?s postseason. I guess anything's possible, but I just don't see it b/c the teams that are in the playoffs are pretty good against the run (NE, Jax, and the Broncos). That means we have to throw the football and I don't believe you just can turn the switch on in one game, especially with a young qb. He needs development and that progression is being stunted IMO. How is a young qb going to know where to go with the football against a certain coverage if he's handing the ball off the majority of the time? That's my point and it's a pretty good point. lol
Rush58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:24 AM   #13
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

If you look at the teams that make it to the big game, they are all strong running teams. The pats went out and spent big money on running, the Broncos live off the run, Dallas back in their haydays, Seattle this year, Ravens in their run didnt even have an offence, but what little they did produce, they ran most of it. Ben can pass it up, unfortunately now his thumb is injured (like last year going into the playoffs if you recall) so it is good we can run if you think about it. Last year was our year, IMO, had our QB not been injured. I think we have a legit chance as long as we limit our mistakes and put pressure on opposing QB's. Our Off is plenty good to score a few TD's and FG's.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:33 AM   #14
Steelerbabe28
Water Boy

Member Number: 964

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
Harmon, Prisco, De Los Santos you are under arrest for smoking pot. You guys have to be the Biggest Dumbasses. The Steelers Are Gonna Beat The Shit Out Of The Browns. The Steelers have something to play for. You guys have to be clowns fans to do so.
I have posted on a couple of Steeler message boards. They are hard to come by these days, at least one that dont shut down. But how come you boys just say we are better then the Browns, Browns suck, Ravens suck, Bengals suck blah, blah blah..... I want to talk to some guys that isnt just a football fan on Sundays are when it is convienant. Me and my ex hubby would go out a couple of years ago after the Steelers lose and nobody is out and the few that are are grumblin on how much we suck. Instead of being some bandwagoners, lets talk some real football. This rah rah stuff was cool when I was a cheerleader rooting for our boys on the field. The pros are for good discussion and how we can get better and at least know how the other teams can beat us or what is their weakness. In the NFL, anyone can win any week. The Browns have a new QB who grew up a Browns fan. His adrenaline will be going thru the roof. Although they have a decent o-line this year (compared to the last few years ), Frye dont have enough weapons to run around with. Not with Winslow and Edwards watching on the sidelines all taped up. This will be his first big test in the NFL. Even on an off year for the Browns, which is most of the time, I never take them lightly. Not a rivalry game, just like in highschool. The first year the browns came back, we whooped em just to get beat by them later in the year.

See boys, it aint hard to talk football

Last edited by Steelerbabe28; 12-24-2005 at 10:39 AM. Reason: misspelling
Steelerbabe28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:38 AM   #15
Steelerbabe28
Water Boy

Member Number: 964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead
If you look at the teams that make it to the big game, they are all strong running teams. The pats went out and spent big money on running, the Broncos live off the run, Dallas back in their haydays, Seattle this year, Ravens in their run didnt even have an offence, but what little they did produce, they ran most of it. Ben can pass it up, unfortunately now his thumb is injured (like last year going into the playoffs if you recall) so it is good we can run if you think about it. Last year was our year, IMO, had our QB not been injured. I think we have a legit chance as long as we limit our mistakes and put pressure on opposing QB's. Our Off is plenty good to score a few TD's and FG's.
now here is a man that knows how to talk football. I know Big ben might have been hurt against New England in the playoffs last year. But I dont like that excuse. I dont like the fact that Cowher would go into a AFC championship, knowing that a rookie QB had a bad thumb and still play him. I was very suprised that Ben wasnt replaced after halftime. The boy gave it his all against a good team, but if he's hurt, you got to play who is healthy. Knowing what we know now about Maddox, he wouldnt have done crap either, but we have a differant gameplan with Tommy in, they werent doing anything with Big Ben in, so its worth a try. At least if you want to win.
Steelerbabe28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #16
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Huh? What?

I don't even understand this...whatever.

Go Steelers! We have room for ALL fans, the one's who know what the **** they are talking about, and even the one's who don't!
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:37 PM   #17
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

looks like they were waaaaaaaaaaay off
Old 12-24-2005, 08:25 PM   #18
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Well Cowher isn't known for his willingness to change, look at the Kordell debacle and Maddox during the Jax game. He sticks to his guns (sometimes to the detriment of winning) so he was going to play Ben as long as Ben wanted to play that playoff game last year. Fortunately for us this year, Ben is smarter and will take better care of the ball. He lost a weapon in Plax, but gained one in Miller. The way the team played, I honestly think we have everything we need to win it all. We only have to play a game like that every game.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote