Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 07-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #21
FEVERFAN
Water Boy

Member Number: 8630
Default Re: NCAA Football 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post
what about for ps3s :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
I used to get rosters from a guy called Blacklover on the MaddenMania site for PS2... it's been a few years since I played... I cannot play it w/o rosters. I always enjoyed NCAA more than Madden.
I still frequent MM now and then.. er.. now is part of Operation Sports. But anyways, Rod/Davey, if you need them for the PS3 you can still get them on MM.

If I read your posts correctly (you need PS3 rosters), you can get them off a member named Lanteri. There is a thread there that has them in a zip file. Everyone in the MM community that had the issue with the roster seems to think its partially to blame from EA Locker. If you have a thumb dirve or even an ipod, so you can transfer the file to that and onto your PS3.

I also belive the PS2 rosters are about done if not already done.

Side note.. EA knows what caused the 'roster glitch' and apparently they are working on the patch. But I've been using Lanteri's rosters since they've been done and have no issues what so ever. He did all but the four bottom ranked teams as a 'just incase,' because those were the teams that started to dissapear, but again, no probs with Lan's roster.

Also don't know what ever happened to blacklover. He was a god on the PS2 rosters.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #22
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

How is the game though? I mean is it that much better than last years? I usually only buy either the Madden or College each season, one or the other not both. I have College from 08 and Madden 07 (Steelers after winning the SB are awesome!) and was going to get the Madden 09 this season, but want to know if there are major changes in the NCAA game.

First, can you really build home field advantage by winning home games. Cause I played with PITT in the NCAA 08 and after 4 seasons of being undefeated I still didn't crack the top 20 toughest places to play at Heinz Field.

Do they empty the stadium when you crush someone on their home field? The 06 version had this, when you stomped someone in their house, their stadium emptied by the 4th quarter.

Is there any throwback uniforms or ways to change uniforms for standard teams?

Are their new highlights and new sayings from the announcers or is it the same stuff over and over again.

Anyone who has this game, I have the Xbox 360 btw, please let me know or post what you like or dislike about the game and what changes you've seen that make improvement.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #23
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

anyone? anyone actually own the EA NCAA 2009 yet?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #24
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
How is the game though? I mean is it that much better than last years? I usually only buy either the Madden or College each season, one or the other not both. I have College from 08 and Madden 07 (Steelers after winning the SB are awesome!) and was going to get the Madden 09 this season, but want to know if there are major changes in the NCAA game.

First, can you really build home field advantage by winning home games. Cause I played with PITT in the NCAA 08 and after 4 seasons of being undefeated I still didn't crack the top 20 toughest places to play at Heinz Field.

Do they empty the stadium when you crush someone on their home field? The 06 version had this, when you stomped someone in their house, their stadium emptied by the 4th quarter.

Is there any throwback uniforms or ways to change uniforms for standard teams?

Are their new highlights and new sayings from the announcers or is it the same stuff over and over again.

Anyone who has this game, I have the Xbox 360 btw, please let me know or post what you like or dislike about the game and what changes you've seen that make improvement.
It is a lot better than last years, and after playing the madden demo, im jus gonna hold on to the money for NHL 09. in-game gameplay is so much better.

You can build up the homefield advantage as it seems to update week to week in your dynasty, but unless you are the away team u dont really notice the advantage (hard to see the plays, quarterback gets 'cold' easier stuff like that). From what i have noticed the crowd doesnt empty in blowouts though.

they do have alternate jerseys now, Oregon has at least four total in the game, they have Pitt's gold jerseys but nothing in terms of 'throwback' yet (other than Notre Dames Green jerseys)

All in all in my opinion i would suggest NCAA 09 over Madden 09. from what i have seen from the demo it isnt gonna be worth dishing out the money for it when i would probably jus toss it aside when NHL 09 comes out

this is just me talking but the only team i can stand playing as in Madden is the Steelers and i always feel like if i lose as them i may jynx them for that game so id rather jus watch them play than play as them. College im not a die-hard of any1 team but i follow a lot of teams (Notre Dame and Hawaii being on the top though)

oh ya, im not sure about the commentating, i usually have music playing so i dont really hear anything, but you can save and upload your highlights onto the easportsworld website. its something they are adding to all new EA games. i like it, its another way to brag to all of your friends other than jus beating them playing