Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Pirates

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876
Default Going to see the Pirates

This will be my first time in Pittsburgh and I will be going to a Bucs game. Any recommendations as far as sights in the city, stadium info, seating, and stuff like that.

I probably will be attending one of the games July 25-27 against the Padres.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
warddj86
Starter

Member Number: 4235
Default Re: Going to see the Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFins11 View Post
This will be my first time in Pittsburgh and I will be going to a Bucs game. Any recommendations as far as sights in the city, stadium info, seating, and stuff like that.

Thanks
Yeah I'm going to the July 26th game vs. the Padres
warddj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:

Thanks
I'll be at the games on July 25 and 26, that is, if I still have some Pepto Bismol left over after watching this team's horrible starting pitching night in and night out. As far as sights go, it depends on what you're into - there's a lot to do in and around the ballpark and downtown. If you're looking for a good restaurant pre-game, I recommend Soho, which is on the first floor of the Spring Hill Suites across the street from the ballpark. Good food, nice bar and has 4 large HD screens showing other games. As far as seating goes, you can't go wrong anywhere in the park - every seat is a good seat. And they're not very expensive - the most expensive seat not in the club sections is $35 for a baseline box - and the cheapest is $9 in the outfield grandstands and the second deck of the left field bleachers. You would also have access to the Hall of Fame Club in left field, which I hear is pretty nice and has live bands playing after weekend games. Let me know what you're planning and I'll give you all the info I can.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:03 AM   #4
GoFins11
Starter

My girlfriend will probably want me to go as cheap as possible when it comes to seating. What is the best cheapest seats? Are the bleachers non chair back seats? I was thinking about going the bleachers Reserve route.

I'm not interested in seating in "upper deck" type sections.

Last edited by GoFins11; 07-22-2008 at 08:14 AM.
GoFins11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #5
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
My girlfriend will probably want me to go as cheap as possible when it comes to seating. What is the best cheapest seats? Are the bleachers non chair back seats? I was thinking about going the bleachers Reserve route.

Outfield Reserve(Which are in Right Field above/near the Out of town Scoreboard is $17.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:

Well, the upper deck at PNC is closer to the field than any other ballpark not named Fenway or Wrigley, but to each his own. I sit in section 328 in the LF Grandstand, and I think they're great, especially the view of the city that you get from there at night. But since you aren't interested, the General Admission Bleachers would be your best bet - they are $9. Bleacher Reserved seats are $14, and the benches do have backs, even the ones in GA.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #7
GoFins11
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Well, the upper deck at PNC is closer to the field than any other ballpark not named Fenway or Wrigley, but to each his own. I sit in section 328 in the LF Grandstand, and I think they're great, especially the view of the city that you get from there at night. But since you aren't interested, the General Admission Bleachers would be your best bet - they are $9. Bleacher Reserved seats are $14, and the benches do have backs, even the ones in GA.
I'm just used to the upper deck being too far away compared to the lower seats. I would be cool to have a nice view of the city.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:56 PM   #8
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
I'm just used to the upper deck being too far away compared to the lower seats. I would be cool to have a nice view of the city.
The highest seat in the building is only 88 feet from the field - not far at all. If you sit in the first few rows, you're literally on top of the action. Compared to the upper deck at Three Rivers, it's like sitting in a box seat. And the view of the city from there is unbelievable. Basically from section 310 around to 330, you get the entire view of the skyline. As I said, where I sit in 328, the seats are only $9 and you get the view along with it.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #9
GoFins11
Starter

Just got back to the hotel from the game.

WHAT A BLAST!!!!

We sat in section 328 row E. They were super seats for only 9 bucks. My girlfriend and I loved the skyline view. The ballpark impressed the hell out of me. Only downside was driving in Pittsburgh

I am now a bonafide Pirate fan(second to the Fish of course)

GO BUCS
Old 07-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #10
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Just got back to the hotel from the game.

WHAT A BLAST!!!!

We sat in section 328 row E. They were super seats for only 9 bucks. My girlfriend and I loved the skyline view. The ballpark impressed the hell out of me. Only downside was driving in Pittsburgh

I am now a bonafide Pirate fan(second to the Fish of course)

GO BUCS
328, Row E...hmmm, that would mean you sat just 2 rows in front of me - I'm in 328, Row G. If you ever heard or saw a big, black guy with a big mouth wearing a Pirates sleeveless shirt sitting next to a good-looking older lady and a big, white guy with an even bigger mouth, then you saw and heard me in the wild. I'm glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed the ballpark - I told you those seats were among the best in the building being so close to the action and with the view of downtown you get. Yes, driving in Pittsburgh is a chore with the 10,000 construction projects going on, but seeing a game at PNC is well worth the trip. Hope you are able to see another one soon! But trust me...stick with being a Marlins fan. At least they have a good, young team with a pretty bright future