Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #21
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216
Default Re: The Coaches Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Well since Georgia is a historic CHOKE artist...I could see them losing in the desert to Arizona State. If not, LSU, Florida and Auburn should all be tough wins. Remember, Florida is pssssed off about the touchdown celebration last season that Georgia pulled off when the entire team ran into the endzone and got 2 15yard penatlies...Florida has this game circled big time.
I would not say that we (UGA) anywhere near choke artist. Heck we lost to South Carolina last year (they were ranked as high number 5 in the country before they got killed by injuries) and we lost to UT at UT (any game at Tennesee is tough).

Only reason florida is ticked about the endzone celebration is that we won the game. Screw the urban cryer. The tide has turned in that series, Georgia has returned to being competitve agianst Florida. This game is always circled in.
We play past TWO BCS Champions back to back. If we do not win it this year Auburn might. Hey we are in the SEC, we expect a brutal conference schedule. So if we lose a game i am not worried about being a "Chole Artist" we leave that to the Big Ten Champs in the BCS Title Games.
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #22
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

[QUOTE=atlsteelers;418899]I would not say that we (UGA) anywhere near choke artist. Heck we lost to South Carolina last year (they were ranked as high number 5 in the country before they got killed by injuries) and we lost to UT at UT (any game at Tennesee is tough).QUOTE]

Georgia is a Historic Choke.

Look at their history. Whenever they start the season ranked high, in the top 10, they lose a game and drop in the polls. Go look up their history for the last 10 or so seasons and prove me wrong. You can't. They choke historically.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #23
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

There's no doubt about it, the Bulldogs, while perennially super talented, always fall short at some point in the season. SC and UT were both games they should have won, and drawing Hawaii for thier bowl game was a complete joke.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #24
atlsteelers
Starter

First of all you all are crazy. The dawgs were 2 point favorites at UT last season and they got destroyed. vs south coralina they were only 4 point favorites. I would not call losing a game that you are favored by a field goal a choke job. I know in the big ten there is no competition and OSU is favored by at least 10 points in every game they play in so any conference loss seems like a choke job like you all did agianst illinois last year. Hell a TWO loss LSU and a ONE loss Florida may "choke" in a conference game but they sure do show up in the BCS title game.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #25
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlsteelers View Post
First of all you all are crazy. The dawgs were 2 point favorites at UT last season and they got destroyed. vs south coralina they were only 4 point favorites. I would not call losing a game that you are favored by a field goal a choke job. I know in the big ten there is no competition and OSU is favored by at least 10 points in every game they play in so any conference loss seems like a choke job like you all did agianst illinois last year. Hell a TWO loss LSU and a ONE loss Florida may "choke" in a conference game but they sure do show up in the BCS title game.
Crazy Huh? Check your "dawg" history and then get back to me ok.

2002, Georgia starts off the season 8-0, then CHOKES to Florida, Florida lost 5 games that year.

2003, 3 losses, 2 to LSU and one to Florida.

2004, start 4 -0, CHOKE to Tennessee, then lose again to Auburn, finish with 2 losses. Typical Georgia Style.

2005, start 7-0, then CHOKE two in a row to Florida and Auburn and get punched in the face in a bowl vs West Virginia.

2006, start 5-0, hype starts again, about Georgia and then, CHOKE at Tennessee, and then...Vandy? finish 9-4, typical Georgia.

2007, lose to South Carolina, and then get kicked in the throat by...Tennessee again! then have a joke bowl against Hawaii.

Prove me wrong. Finish a season with 0 in the loss column then I'll give them "dawgs" credit.

Until then, they are an over hyped team that never lives up to the expectations and find a way to Blow it as the season goes on. Every single Time!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:20 PM   #26
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
2005, get punched in the face in a bowl vs West Virginia.
That game was absolutely awesome!!!! That fake punt was an instant classic! And to think, not only did they choke that game away, but they did it in their backyard!!!
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #27
revefsreleets
Living Legend

When cornered with facts, the SEC fans know one defense: Attack the Big Ten!

Georgia will choke again this year. Bank it.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #28
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
When cornered with facts, the SEC fans know one defense: Attack the Big Ten!

Georgia will choke again this year. Bank it.
SEC fans will attack Ohio State more though than any other Big Ten School.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #29
revefsreleets
Living Legend

And I get that...0-9 and all that. But we NEVER play Vandy or Ole Miss or bottom feeders, and we never play SEC schools outside the south, so...be nice if the first victim came in this years NCG.

Anyway, the top 3 will change. OSU/USC winner will eventually be #1 as soon as Georgia chokes, and then it's that teams NCG spot to lose.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #30
atlsteelers
Starter

That sugar bowl game between UGA and Moutianeers was a great game. We lost 38-35, but we came back and it made it interesting. by no means was i dissappointed. You guys act like losing 2 SEC games is the end of the world. If you all can not apprecaite the competition in greatest college football conference its your loss. We down south have learned to repect our oppenents, regardless of the teams records going north to play at neyland stadium in front of 102,000 folks is not easy, go south to auburn on the plains, or helleven south carolina. As LSU and Florida have clearly demostrated a conference loss or even two conference losses the SEC will stil whip the so called cream of the big ten. The tough competition on weekly basis makes the championship game a lot easier. Where as OSU is playing the best team they have played all year long, the LSU tigers last year where already battle tested and it showed. I like fierce compitetion, we start the season with 3 teams in top 6. You have what 3 in the top 20. Do you all even play football up north? hehe

"Crazy Huh? Check your "dawg" history and then get back to me ok. "

"2002, Georgia starts off the season 8-0, then CHOKES to Florida, Florida lost 5 games that year"

In the 2002 season we won the damn Sugar Bowl - thats like saying going to the Rose Bowl and winning was a really *hity season
Sugar Bowl - we beat Florida State

"2003, 3 losses, 2 to LSU and one to Florida"
Good thing we lost those games to LSU becasue we whipped the Big 10 runner up Purdue.

"2004, start 4 -0, CHOKE to Tennessee, then lose again to Auburn, finish with 2 losses. Typical Georgia Style"
Typical Choke season by a SEC team we finish up the year beating the Big 10 runner up agian - Wisconsin

2005, start 7-0, then CHOKE two in a row to Florida and Auburn and get punched in the face in a bowl vs West Virginia.
We lost to a very good WV team - Unlike the Big 10 the Big East can win a bowl game vs UGA

2006, start 5-0, hype starts again, about Georgia and then, CHOKE at Tennessee, and then...Vandy? finish 9-4, typical Georgia. typical 9-4 season with a true freshman starting at QB, new offensive line. I take it anyday of the week. Even we have to reload on an occasion
We lost to Cutler at vandy. hey LSU lost to kentucky last year and still whipped OSU.
Although we bounce back and finish strong with a WIN vs Vatech in the bowl game.

2007, lose to South Carolina, and then get kicked in the throat by...Tennessee again! then have a joke bowl against Hawaii.
Hey we do not get a free pass to the BSC title game every year like OSU without beating a team in the top 15.