Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-31-2008, 03:19 PM   #131
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Sepulveda out for season

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
I understand the difference between a couple of Pro Bowlers and a complete team. But for that guy to say we are fielding a crap team of crappy players is going too far.

We have guys who are (deservedly so) being questioned. We have some ex-probowlers who are (deservedly so) being questioned. However, to infer that our entire team is crap is a crap statement.

I understand the Steelers fan base talking down the Browns and asking for us to show you we can win important games. The Steelers has had our number since we came back.

But Phil has (slowly) put together a pretty good corps group of players that we can build around. He's still working on the finishing pieces. There isn't a single team in the NFL that doesn't have question marks on it's team. The Browns are certainly far from an exception to that.

As for the talent to beat the Steelers, I think we've got the talent to beat you guys. And not in a "any given Sunday" sense. That's not to say that we'd dominate, because i'm not trying to infer that. However, I think the pieces are coming together nicely and the timing is right.

Naturally, that's my right as a fan to believe that statement. I will not guarantee a victory, because we all know anything can happen.

I will say this, in W2, when we face you guys, I hope that both of our teams are at full health. This way it's up to the coaches to call the right plays and the players to execute. If you win, it'll be because of some combination of being outcoached/outplayed and if we win, it'll be the same. I don't want lingering questions throughout the season as to why the game was won/lost.

Regardless of the outcome, I'll still be here posting.
I enjoy your posts here. You seem like an intelligent football fan at the least (I'd say intelligent browns fan but that would be an oxymoron ).

Seriously, you guys do have a talented team but, IMHO, you are somewhere between the bungals talented team with no leadership and the team making waves the next serveral years. While Savage has done a good job of putting it together, the coaches haven't done a good job of keeping it together for an entire season.

I hope in W2 that everyone is healthy too. I hate the excuse, "You only won because (insert athlete's name here) was injured!" In all actuality if you're a player in the NFL you should be able to play regardless of what string you play. If you suit up, you should perform. But that's just me.

As for the reference to your team being crappy. In all honesty, you have to look at what board you're on. While I can talk intelligent football (at least up to a certain point), talking smack about a rival is down right funny (most times). And really the more a fan reacts to it the funnier it becomes. And really, it doesn't matter if the browns sweep us, they'll still be a "crappy" team.

I would hope you wouldn't leave after the browns lose W2...it would only prove that you were a troll.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:04 AM   #132
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Holy crud, I just saw this!

Best wishes Sep, get well soon. We'll need ya next year.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #133
billybob
Banned

Member Number: 5364

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
There are 119 D1-A college programs bleeding off graduating punters every year. There are only 32 openings currently in the NFL. They punt in the CFL, don't they? You can't tell me we can't find SOMEONE who can punt the ball decently...Wasn't Reed an unsigned FA when we picked him up? And look how well he's worked out. I'd think kicker were harder to find than punters.
Good point,wasn't Willie Parker an undrafted free agent as well.I hope Charlie Batch wins the snap job for place kicks that Sep. left vaccant.I could see some exciting things coming out of that combination.
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #134
billybob
Banned

Member Number: 5364

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
according to NFL.com-

now if the patriots, colts or cowboys lost their punter would it be called a "major loss"?

wtf is up with that sensasional headline???? they make it sound as if it were troy, ben, holmes, or willie.

i would consider the loss of a punter a minor setback. even if it were the chargers bennett or 49ers lee.
A lot of the "major loss" crap might stem from a perspective that our special teams sucked anyway.We lossed a major component in an area that needed improvement to the fullest extent of its capabilities.I think it will all be resolved ,and to the satisfaction,of all concerned i might add.
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #135
9-5
Banned

Member Number: 8674

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
The only thing is that Mendenhall was called the best RB in the Draft by guys like Mayock and Sweed was the best WR prospect this time last year until he injured his wrist in college.

Eric Wright was a kid that transferred to Arizona from USC I think because of some off field issues, then projected as a 3rd round pick with some good upside. I think Wright will be a good player, but thought Youbouty was the #2 CB prospect on the clowns.

Browns pass rush is more important than ever with the weak DB situation. Conversely, the Steelers need more pressure to take some off Taylor, Townsend, McFadden.
Transferred to UNLV, not USC.

I agree with you on the pass rush. Taylor, McFadden, and Townsend are average corners. However, your front 7's ability to pressure the QB makes them look better then they are. If the Browns can generate a pass rush even a little better then last year, E-Wright and B-Mac will look better. Not to say they won't get burned, but it will be less often with a good pass rush.
9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #136
Welcome To Smashmouth
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6038
Default Please tell me this is a typo....

I've watched the steelers offseason too closely to let a headline like "SEPULVEDA OUT FOR SEASON" to slip past my radar.....

please tell me it was a James Walker typo!!!!!!
Welcome To Smashmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #137
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741
Default Re: Please tell me this is a typo....

Sorry bro, your punter is done for the season. However, I did read that the punk brought in had some really nice punts last practice (or so) to include 3 50+ yarders.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #138
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

I also read that our new punter used to kick off. Seriously, if he can boom kickoffs, I'll accept average punts from him. I like Jeff Reed, but by the latter part of the season, his kickoffs to the 15 yard line are just momentum killers.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #139
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-5 View Post
Transferred to UNLV, not USC.

I agree with you on the pass rush. Taylor, McFadden, and Townsend are average corners. However, your front 7's ability to pressure the QB makes them look better then they are. If the Browns can generate a pass rush even a little better then last year, E-Wright and B-Mac will look better. Not to say they won't get burned, but it will be less often with a good pass rush.
Thanks! Every time you type something, you dig yourself a deeper and deeper hole.

Townsend is as solid of a technique corner as any in the NFL, and Ike is LOADED with talent. Eric Wright would be a nickel back on the Steelers this year or any other, and he's the best you've got now that Bodden is gone.

This is almost too easy.