Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #531
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 2,836 Times in 1,205 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: What Are You Listening To Now .... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
saw em 3 times between 92-93 after they blew up and made it big. i'll tell you what, the best band ive ever seen live. when they play their older stuf they rock it harder than ever.

el paso was their solo tour which was about a 3 and a half hour show. each member took the stage by themself and did about a 15 minute solo. lars on the drums was a FREAK and rivaled anything tommy lee ever did.

james and kirk had a little duel. james got blown away and walked off the stage which led to kirks solo. kirk showed how all those lessons from satriani payed off. he did some very classical stuff. dudes got mad skillz.

newstead ripped it up on the bass and did some funk, blues, jazz and of course thrashed it.

in las cruces was the HUGE summer tour with faith no more and guns in roses. it was the tour where those huge flames you talked about burned james' arm to hell. they had the megadeath guitarist fill in. i catered that show, so got paid to watch it for free. backstage passes and all. ( is set up their room with all the food and alcohol) bumped into kirk carrying his guitar through the skinny hallway. AWESOME! we listened to the final song "greenhell" from behind the stage, and cheered them and told them they f'in rocked as they walked off. each one was like "thanks guys".

albuquerque was with suicidal tendencies, fight, and candlebox. once again metallica stole the show. i would go see them anytime. hugest mosh pit ive ever seen. 5000+ jammed tight to the stage. it got pretty tight and we got the hell out of there (took about 20 minutes to squeeze through. huge pockets of flat out fighting were breaking out everywhere. i thought it was gonna get bad.

im jammin some channel 124 on sirius. pat and tim- moving the chains.
Seen Metallica 7 times since 1986. Nothing tops seeing them at Giants Stadium in 2004 (Summer Sanitarium Tour). They played NO NEW CRAP and the crowd was as loud as I have ever heard them. You could hear every word being sung by the crowd perfectly clear and loud as hell. I think even the band was in awe. It was awesome to be a part of.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:50 AM   #532
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutterflowerSteel View Post
I saw them in 1988 *cough cough* on the Monsters of Rock tour (with Kingdom Come - remember them? Dokken, The Scorpions and Van Halen headlining ) At the time, Metallica was writiing and recording And Justice For All while on the road - it was just after Jason joined the band. They kicked A$$ cuz they were still raw, hungry and young lol

NP: Suite: Madame Blue ~ Styx
I saw that same show at RFK stadium, Kingdom come was terrible Dokken was terrible The scorpions ROCKED ,Metallica did as well And then came Van Halen I dont know if they were any good or not they were too loud to even disifer what they were playing

Robert Plant and The Strange Sensation- A wicked version of Black Dog
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #533
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1261

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASTEELER View Post
I saw that same show at RFK stadium, Kingdom come was terrible Dokken was terrible The scorpions ROCKED ,Metallica did as well And then came Van Halen I dont know if they were any good or not they were too loud to even disifer what they were playing
I was at that RFK show. Remember how the place got totally trashed - plus all of the bonfires and people getting thrown up into the air in blankets on the field lol Everyone was going nuts.

...and yes, Dokken and Kingdom Come both sucked that day - Metallica and the Scorpions were the BOMB and so was Van Halen. I don't remember them being too loud and distorted though.

NP: Moving the Chains on Sirius is about to start.

~Sig created by SteelDuck~
GutterflowerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:24 AM   #534
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
I saw them in 1988 *cough cough* on the Monsters of Rock tour (with Kingdom Come - remember them? Dokken, The Scorpions and Van Halen headlining ) At the time, Metallica was writiing and recording And Justice For All while on the road - it was just after Jason joined the band. They kicked A$$ cuz they were still raw, hungry and young lol

NP: Suite: Madame Blue ~ Styx
I saw Dokken and Krokus together in 1986....memorable concert for me because the bass player from Krokus actually stopped playing midway through a song and picked up what had to be the LARGEST pair of panties I have ever seen...that someone threw onto the stage.

Now listening to..........Suede - Animal Nitrate
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:35 AM   #535
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
saw em 3 times between 92-93 after they blew up and made it big. i'll tell you what, the best band ive ever seen live. when they play their older stuf they rock it harder than ever.
Believe it or not Tony....best concert I ever saw was John Mellencamp...I didnt want to go but was dating a girl who bought us both tickets. He played that audiance like they were an instrument....has all of us eating out of his hand.

Every single person in the arena was singing "Rain on the Scarecrow" at the top of thier lungs....total showman.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:10 AM   #536
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

And The Cradle Will Rock ~ Van Halen

Old 08-30-2008, 06:12 AM   #537
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I saw Dokken and Krokus together in 1986....memorable concert for me because the bass player from Krokus actually stopped playing midway through a song and picked up what had to be the LARGEST pair of panties I have ever seen...that someone threw onto the stage.

LOL

I've seen Dokken open for Judas Priest and also Aerosmith on the Permanent Vacation tour. George Lynch passed out onstage after the third song and the roadies came out and literally dragged him off by the heels.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:15 AM   #538
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
LOL

I've seen Dokken open for Judas Priest and also Aerosmith on the Permanent Vacation tour. George Lynch passed out onstage after the third song and the roadies came out and literally dragged him off by the heels.
That beats my story of a very intoxicated Stevie Nicks spinning on stage....right off the right side into the pit...concert was delayed for 15 minutes until she came out and sang the rest of her songs....(holding onto the mike and standing in one place)
Old 08-30-2008, 06:32 AM   #539
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
That beats my story of a very intoxicated Stevie Nicks spinning on stage....right off the right side into the pit...concert was delayed for 15 minutes until she came out and sang the rest of her songs....(holding onto the mike and standing in one place)
LOL That's pretty funny though. I've never seen Stevie live.

NP: Anti-Social ~ Anthrax

Old 08-30-2008, 06:33 AM   #540
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:

Thanks LLT! Nothing like a story about plus size panties to go with my morning coffee....

NP: Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote