Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: Who Wins... Ohio State or USC?
U S C 17 77.27%
Ohio State 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #11
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876
Default Re: Ohio State -vs- USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlsteelers View Post
College Game of the Year _ Fat Chance

The only college football that matters is played down south. hehe
Old 09-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #12
CB1977
Starter

Member Number: 6651

Ohio State played pretty bad in the first half against Ohio U. but I don't see them making that same mistake twice.

The Buckeyes: 23
The Condoms: 10
CB1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #13
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I give it to the Trojans, I like the home field for them in this one. I think with Wells not at 100% the OSU offense won't be able to wear down the USC Defense and it'll turn late in the game. I like USC to get the last Touchdown in this one to win by a final of 21-13. I'm rooting for OSU as a casual viewer, but don't think they'll pull this one off.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #14
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Part of the reason there is so much OSU hate is that they seem to always have really HUGE "Games of the century" early in the year...hmmm....wonder why that might be?

Don't hate, write YOUR favorite schools AD and tell him YOU want to see your team play meaningful games against top flight ooc teams in September too! Stop scheduling Coastal Carolina and Citadel, man up and play Cal, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, et al...

Back to THIS game. 18 returning starters from a team that played in the NC game a year ago, and some people are predicting blowout. The two best players in the country (on their respective sides of the ball) will be playing for the Scarlet and Grey. There are several first round NFL caliber players who stayed for this very type of game. This is a battle tested team that KNOWS big games in hostile environments. They are well coached. They have the highest of expectations. They have shown almost nothing but vanilla looks on offense and defense. They WILL come to play 4 quarters of football.

This is a damned good football team, and they are going to surprise a lot of people Saturday night.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #15
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876

The last few seasons I think USC has been the better team. It is nice that this year that we can actually see if that is true. I just want the best team to win.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #16
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

and all those returning starters choked in the NC.. so thats rly nothing to be proud of.. during the big games they choke??

also don't give me that shit about playing a real good team in the beginning.. this is the 1st time in a long time that osu has played a real good team in the beginning..

and back to how they know how to play in big games in hostile environment.. the last times i checked... they choked the past 2 NC games

i would say that the lb from usc is better than james..... but i might agree w/ u on wells maybe throwing in cj spiller from clemson

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:34 AM   #17
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
and all those returning starters choked in the NC.. so thats rly nothing to be proud of.. during the big games they choke??

also don't give me that shit about playing a real good team in the beginning.. this is the 1st time in a long time that osu has played a real good team in the beginning..

and back to how they know how to play in big games in hostile environment.. the last times i checked... they choked the past 2 NC games

i would say that the lb from usc is better than james..... but i might agree w/ u on wells maybe throwing in cj spiller from clemson
A long time? Two and three seasons ago we played Texas. We had Washington on our schedule last season, but we scheduled them when they were good many years ago.

We have USC this week and next year. Then it's two seasons of the Miami Hurricanes (though not as good now as in they're heyday, still a tough ooc opponent.

After that, we have Cal. Those are all September OOC games the likes of which very few teams can claim. What does your teams OOC games look like? Do we have some cupcakes, yup. EVERY major program does. But ours is setup to help in state teams earn some time in the spot light and receive additional funding.

You're right, our returning starters did choke in the NC game, but we're not proud of that. We're proud that they got there. Did your team get to the last two NC games? Go ahead and so no. We know the truth.

NC games are not the only hostile environments. You think that playing Michigan in Ann Arbor doesn't count as a hostile environment? Especially when you consider our current win streak against them. You think it's easy beating PSU at State College? Especially during a night game while the fans are doing their White Out thing? It's impressive.

Who's your team? I guarantee you, I can find more reasons (legit reasons) to talk smack about your team, than you can about mine.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #18
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216

One benefit of having OSU lose is that they are out of the NCG. I strongly doubt that a one loss OSU would be voted into the NCG. However, i can see a 1 loss USC still in the NCG. Either way i am sure it will be a good game.
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Haters hate, but OSU fans love it. It's to be expected when "The Program" sends teams in rebuilding years to the NCG. Sure, they lost, but they were rebuilding for this year.

They didn't choke against LSU, either. The Tigers were the better team.

OSU has Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, Miami (FL) Cal, and several other top-caliber teams in home/away match-ups over the next 15 years. That's something the fans want and I'm glad they do it. It dovetails nicely with the argument about a one-loss Buckeyes team NOT making this years NCG. If they go out to LA and beat USC and then run the table, you can't keep them out of a 3rd NCG in a row. If they played all cupcakes in ooc play, they'd have no legitimate shot at that game, but this way they stay in the hunt.

I suspect this is going to be like the first Texas/OSU game, with the winner determined by about 3 points and in the waning seconds of the game.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #20
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlsteelers View Post
One benefit of having OSU lose is that they are out of the NCG. I strongly doubt that a one loss OSU would be voted into the NCG. However, i can see a 1 loss USC still in the NCG. Either way i am sure it will be a good game.
Yeah, and when OSU lost to Illinois last year, how many people here said that they were out of the NCG?

Seriously, it can happen because it HAS happened.