Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #21
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default Re: Am I The Only One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
I was just wondering if anyone had any feelings about our Head Coach and his assistants thus far in the Tomlin era?
The guy has a no.2 draft pick that alot liked during the preseason that is not even dressing for games... whats up with that? Does that mean we will have him and Davis (LB) not dressing? 2 out of our draft choices from this year are not even dressing... The steelers didnt make any adjusments to help our linemen out and keep them off Ben in the 2nd half... Is that Not what halftime is for? The Eagles killed us continuously the whole game.. and it just seems like we never did anything to correct it and get Ben some help.. I blame the coaches for this!!!

I am just really irritated with Tomlin and Co. right now. I just wonder what Mr. Rooney is thinking in the back of his mind of him as well..
And last year everyone here was destroying Tomlin & crew for the Timmons selection. As far as the draft goes, you can't critisize anyone for a selection THREE WEEKS into their actual NFL career.

Adjustments? What more could they have adjusted on? The backs and tights started staying into block on most downs once the pressure was getting to Ben. It didn't help much, but what else could the coaching staff have done? You can't have the wide outs block too... The only potential move that could have happened was Starks being put in at RT in place of Colon, but the entire line played poorly so that wouldn't have sparked much.

At some point, you just have to play the game. The team had a bad week and that's all there is to it. Blame who you will, the coaches or men on the field. But when it comes down to it, The Steelers lost - not any individual or group of the team.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #22
Davison_K
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
By the way, I have been calling for Sweed to start even if he "can't run routes" the guy is 19 feet tall and Ben can just toss it up and he can come down with it in the red zone.

I am not a Nate fan at all.
I didn't feel like Nate did that poorly last week... I felt like he caught some pretty nice balls and I didn't really see a drop so...
Davison_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:04 AM   #23
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davison_K View Post
I didn't feel like Nate did that poorly last week... I felt like he caught some pretty nice balls and I didn't really see a drop so...
he isn't consistant enough for my taste and drops passes in big spots.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #24
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
I wasn't upset with our first two picks this year, based on the circumstances, and I had hoped they would start to address the line IMMEDIATELY following that.....However, what I am probably more upset that it was almost completely ignored last year, and other years to some degree as well. I certainly hope and pray the line comes together this year and things work out, but let's be honest, if the line falls apart this year, it should be surprising to noone. There have been line questions for a long time and little has been done to properly address it imho.

That being said, we have to work with what we have, so I am certainly hoping some adjustments are made based on what has been learned, and that this is simply a hiccup.

And of course we can start speculating about the linemen in next years draft. Right LLT?
It just bums me out of the picks this season. Ya Mendy was a good pick and i think sweed was to, but a QB, another LB? Plus i feel like Tony Hills prob. will get cut next season and we will start out by getting another stupid position like Safety, another QB maybe and it frustrates me.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:18 AM   #25
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend

There is plenty of reasons to gripe about the drafting the last couple years for the Steelers!

Look back at your list:....

OT Duane Brown is starting for the Texans...
OG Roy Schuening and OT Carl Nicks are both better than Tony Hills will ever be!

C Steve Justice was the highest rated Center in the draft and OG Zuttah is getting alot of playing time for the Buccaneers..

So, keep up with the info your trying to push over on some fans...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #26
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
There is plenty of reasons to gripe about the drafting the last couple years for the Steelers!
You also squawked back in early March about the Steelers "standing pat" and "letting the division slip away to the Browns" in FA (link). How has that worked out so far?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #27
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:

We grabbed Mendy in the 1st round at Pick 23 and Brown went to the Texans at Pick 26. Obviously, that decision turned out to be a good one, as we'd be up shit creek without the paddle at the RB position with FWP out for several games.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #28
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

The offensive lineman the Steelers didn't draft would've been sitting on the bench right now while we watch the running game fall apart. We have Willie and that's it.

We drafted Mendenhall for this very reason. Willie is coming off an injury, is now injured again and won't be back any time soon.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:32 PM   #29
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

but with a suspect Oline, does Mendenhall really matter tonight?

Who knows? I guess we'll find out but I doubt he'll be a big factor in the outcome unless he fumbles.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #30
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

Quote:
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend

OG Roy Schuening and OT Carl Nicks are both better than Tony Hills will ever be!

C Steve Justice was the highest rated Center in the draft and OG Zuttah is getting alot of playing time for the Buccaneers..

First did you see how OT Duane Brown is playin this year ? I think he was credited to 5 sacks in 4 games.He is nowhere near as good as any of our OL right now.

All the OL that are starting right now(zuttah and co) are starting because of injuries to starters so there is no reason to think that they would start here when we dont even dress our 2nd round pick(Sweed) not even as the 4th receiver do you really think we would start a lineman in the 2nd or 3rd ? I dont think so

Go Steelers
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote