Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #131
Beauchamp
Banned

Member Number: 9503
Default Re: Big Ben Overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
let me guess, bengals fan?
You would assume this because I'm willing to claim a 5th best quarterback in the NFL to not be the 2nd?

I'm sorry I'm not blindly biased. I'm a Steeler fan who wants some justice.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #132
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Beauchamp...by who's standard exactly are you using for the "rating system" by which youd determin he is in fact, Over Rated.

I mean, he isn't considered the "best" QB in the league. Usually its between Manning and Brady, then people toss in the loser from Cincy for good measure. McNabb when healthy has a very high rating and is looked upon by most NFL fans as one of the best currently playing. Favre is already a legend and no one considers Ben better than Favre. Now looking around the league, at other QBs, who is better than Ben? Cutler? Hasselbeck?

I think the point is, you state he's Over Rated...that is not accurate in our eyes, simple because to be Over Rated, there have to be people rated beneath you that others might say are better. Who exactly besides those ones I allow argument for, such as Favre, Brady, Manning, McNabb is actually better than Ben?

If you're are simply trying to state he is Over Paid...well then...ok...who in the NFL isn't over paid? They are all over paid except maybe the long snapper on the Lions (just throwing that out there) If you're trying to argue he is over paid simply to show that we could be using money we don't pay him to buy more talent, what talent are you wanting and how do you figure to get that talent under the salary cap and keep our current roster?

I think the reason its gotten 13 pages is because you state this stuff, but don't give a real alternative to your statement as over rated.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #133
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Much like your asinine opinions on football. Go back to your XBOX, "Beauchump."
it's funny to me how some troll is telling a moderator to go somewhere
Old 09-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #134
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauchamp View Post
Interesting that you say a Superbowl win and you put on Big Ben's stat sheet.

22.6 rating.

You sure you wanna credit Big Ben?

I get why you guys don't think he's overrated, It's lucky we had a Cowher and a good team for the majority of his career.

I don't expect you to remember that, go bias yourself somewhere else.
You'd rather have Ben have a career day stat-wise and lose the game? I see how it works.

How many players are on the field again? Last I heard there were 11, plus the 11 that play defense.

By the same logic, Rex Grossman had a pretty good surrounding cast too. Guess what? He sucked. He lost the Super Bowl.

Is Ben overrated? No. Why? Because of the intangibles he brings to the table, Because of his warrior-additude playing the game. Because he makes plays as a quarterback. Because he's taken more hits than any man deserves, and stayed upright.

Take your BS elsewhere.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #135
Beauchamp
Banned

Member Number: 9503

K, you guys are right.

Big Ben is the 2nd best quarterback in the NFL.

Not overrated then.

Overwhelming bias wins!

This Forum is free of logic!

This is why we love it!

We are simple minded!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:16 PM   #136
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
K, you guys are right.

Big Ben is the 2nd best quarterback in the NFL.

Not overrated then.

Overwhelming bias wins!

This Forum is free of logic!

This is why we love it!

We are simple minded!
who said that ben was the 2nd best qb in the nfl?
Old 09-28-2008, 09:16 PM   #137
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Fun's over, troll.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #138
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
I love how people call me unintelligent and then end there paragraph by calling me an assclown.

You act as if I treat you guys with any credibility with the hypocracy you bring to the table. I'm as much as a Steeler fan as you guys are but I am also open to critcism, that's one dimension you guys lack. Your bias opinions of saying the Steelers are stout for a superbowl every season should strip you of your opinion.

Anyway, back onto the matter of my "unintelligent" discussion: The 3 games you guys gave me as an example does not prove that Big Ben should be the 2nd highest paid quarterback in the game. In fact: THE PROOF you guys have broughten me in everyone of your threads has not YET justified in Big Ben being the 2nd highest paid quarter back.

So: The ratio of games Big Ben won himself with the money he earns is a bit MUCH.

The formula I listed directly above would equal to something such as: Probably overrated.

Note this: Not once have I said Big Ben sucked, Not once have I said Big Ben can't win, Not once have I said I hated the Steelers.

Alls I said: Big Ben is overrated and you guys are having your period.

I'm unintelligent. I'll take your word for it.

Keep em comin.
I will show restraint and hold the insults in, at least until I finish 1 or 2 Mojitos. Since when does a QB need to win a game by himself, they are the leader of the team, key word being team. They play a role, some need to throw 40 times like Griese, some need to avg abou 24 like Ben. It depends on the situation. I could name off games Ben had huge contributions to all day long. Easiest stat is his 3 perfect QB rating games. Tied with Peyton for the record. I would say those 3 games alone being perfect means he won it for his team. Not that I would even need to justify his greatness by that. It seems you are seeking it though. What about Ravens last year, Pats when he ended their streak 3 years ago. Cincy, Indy, Denver in SB win year. Do you think 13-0 as rookie was a fluke? He has had a handful of bad games, Jets in playoffs, Pats in playoffs, first half of Jags last year, but last week was not one of them. Did you watch the game. Pressure every time he touched the ball. His one intercepion wasn't even that bad. He had to try something. A bomb in double coverage in which Washington didn't want it as much as defender. I think a SB win at 23 years old would constitue making him 2nd highest. Semantics anyway, in the next 2 years he will be passed by many QB's and seem like a steal at 7th or 8th highest paid. Ben is 3rd best in league since he came in league consistently IMO. Yes McNabb and Romo show signs of brilliance on occasion and have a big stat game. Always in regular season though. Ben is the whole package, he has reduced his mistakes and is consistent. Just because he doesn't put up Manning like numbers doesn't disqualify him for being a great QB. Who do you think is better is the question. Last year it was Anderson and Gerrard, who is the flash in the pan this year? phillip rivers. lol.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #139
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Alls I said: Big Ben is overrated and you guys are having your period.

Once again, that's not the problem.

The first of many problems here is that you suddenly show up after Big Ben has a bad game. The second problem is that you use a video game to support your argument.

How can Ben be overrated when he's not even rated highly? Overpaid? All athletes are overpaid, really. So which is it? Is Ben overrated or is he overpaid?
Closed Thread