Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:59 AM   #41
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts
Default Re: fed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen View Post
apparently, we were watching 2 different games. By the way, the fans can boo if they want. That is their right if they are witnessing garbage from a team that can play better.

The offense is crap. Still is crap even after that thrilling win. They can't maintain rhythm and they're losing players left and right. Do you all honestly expect that Ben will hold up all 16 games facing that constant pressure every game? I hope he does, I really do...but logic says otherwise.

It's gonna be a tough year especially if Parker has injury issues and now without the savior Mendenhall to back him up.

This isn't the chicken little defense folks, it's reality. I don't know what Tomlin can do now to fix it but maybe ...just maybe (because I've been begging them for years now)...they'll address the lines in the offseason.
yeah, thats all nice, but it doesnt erase the fact that you threw in the towel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen
Now we're at the half.

13-3. This game is pretty over being that our offense is incompetant and allergic to TDs.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:08 AM   #42
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

This game as it was played still shows me that the offensive coaching is way below what it should be. Way below.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #43
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen View Post
apparently, we were watching 2 different games. By the way, the fans can boo if they want. That is their right if they are witnessing garbage from a team that can play better.

The offense is crap. Still is crap even after that thrilling win. They can't maintain rhythm and they're losing players left and right. Do you all honestly expect that Ben will hold up all 16 games facing that constant pressure every game? I hope he does, I really do...but logic says otherwise.

It's gonna be a tough year especially if Parker has injury issues and now without the savior Mendenhall to back him up.

This isn't the chicken little defense folks, it's reality. I don't know what Tomlin can do now to fix it but maybe ...just maybe (because I've been begging them for years now)...they'll address the lines in the offseason.
But you wrote that at half time. It wouldn't matter if it was 31-0... we would then have just as much time to score 31 points as they took to score 31 points. Yeah, the offense stinks; but our defense was keeping us in the game. We were only down 10, and the way Polamalu is playing this year, and Harrison, and Woodley, is it really that far-fetched to think that we could score a defensive TD, like we did?

It doesn't matter to me how you react to the game, and the team. But the fact is, you gave up, at halftime, when we were only down by 10.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #44
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Here's another gem:

Quote:
Ben looks terrible put Byron in
Eat it all up, ya hear? Every last feather too.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 09-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #45
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
This game as it was played still shows me that the offensive coaching is way below what it should be. Way below.
It showed me that we have definitive weakness in our O, most notably, the OL.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 09-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #46
Kvnfaber
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6695

The Boo's were not all bad guys. Roethlisberger told the media that hearing his home fans boo are what spurred him into screaming at his offense at halftime and ultimately motivating the team to turn it around.

I'm not one to boo my Steelers, but obviously it had some positive effects and was used as motivation.

As for you guys quitting on the team in the first half, shame on you. True Steelers fans knew that we still could turn it around, and had faith.

Our 4th string runningback took us on his back in overtime and the offense willed us to victory (as was owed to the defense for being so strong this whole year). Props to the Steelers for coming together and playing more like they are capable of in the 2nd half. And dare i say good job to Ben AND the O-Line in the 2nd half (no sacks on ben).
Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #47
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I'm ignoring all the other stupid shit in this thread just to point out that, as I predicted, the last Rat fan left this board at just about 10:30 last night, and has anyone spotted any of them since?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #48
Kvnfaber
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6695

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I'm ignoring all the other stupid shit in this thread just to point out that, as I predicted, the last Rat fan left this board at just about 10:30 last night, and has anyone spotted any of them since?
They have stayed home from work, and are dejected sitting on the couch in their purple blankey's.

No seriously, with all do respect, the Ravens were tough, and it was a great game last night. I'm hoping that the Steelers have half of their starters healthy come december.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:23 AM   #49
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Come out come out wherever you are!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #50
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvnfaber View Post
The Boo's were not all bad guys.
Quote:
As for you guys quitting on the team in the first half, shame on you. True Steelers fans knew that we still could turn it around, and had faith.

Where I come from, Kvn, booing your team and quitting on them on a BB are one in the same. The boo birds at HF last night had no faith in this team and neither did the schmucks who gave up on them before the end of the 1st half with the game still very much in reach.

What angered me even more is that these same nonbelievers had the audacity to wave their TT's when the team was on the move and act like they were suddenly believers!

No matter what Ben said post-game, there is absolutely NO excuse for booing your own team, imho, especially not a team that wasn't out of the game by any stretch of the imagination when the booing started, and especially not a team/franchise who has provided more winning seasons than most franchises have in the last 35 seasons!

Shame on ALL of them.

The Anti-Wahoo
Closed Thread