Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Suitanims $10 Bet

Hey Suit,

Now we are in the playoffs I am ready to cash in my winning ticket.

Will you be able to make a $10 bet on an online betting website (bet365.com for example)?

Or maybe you just want to paypal me the money and I will place the bet - if I win the money goes into the forum donation box.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:00 PM   #2
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: Suitanims $10 Bet

Paypal, and as soon as possible...I'll send you the money to waste as you please...PM me the details...

This will be the best $10 I ever lost as the Pats back into the playoffs riding a 10 win season on 5 wins from the worst division in all of football. I had 10-6 or 9-7, just didn't realize the Jets and Bills and Dolphins could really suck that bad in the end. Enjoy your absolutely, and defining pyrrhic victory.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Paypal, and as soon as possible...I'll send you the money to waste as you please...PM me the details...

This will be the best $10 I ever lost as the Pats back into the playoffs riding a 10 win season on 5 wins from the worst division in all of football. I had 10-6 or 9-7, just didn't realize the Jets and Bills and Dolphins could really suck that bad in the end. Enjoy your absolutely, and defining pyrrhic victory.
Thanks Suit.

Let me know if you want any more playoff based wagers.

"One more such victory and I am lost"

NM (Pyrrhus)
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:33 AM   #4
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Not this week...I never bet on the Steelers one way or another, and the Pats basically have a bye, playing the worst 12-4 playoff team in NFL history. After the bye, they played one of the jokiest schedules I've ever seen...it literally looks like a laundry list of first round draft pick contenders (except for the Indy game, which they lost). Bellichick was quite clever to lose the Miami game and avoid Pittsburgh...

2005 JAX Schedule

Sep 11 Seattle Won 26-14
Sep 18 @Indianapolis Lost 3-10
Sep 25 @N.Y. Jets Won 26-20
Oct 2 Denver Lost 7-20
Oct 9 Cincinnati Won 23-20
Oct 16 @Pittsburgh Won 23-17
Week 7 BYE
Oct 30 @St. Louis Lost 21-24
Nov 6 Houston Won 21-14
Nov 13 Baltimore Won 30-3
Nov 20 @Tennessee Won 31-28
Nov 27 @Arizona Won 24-17
Dec 4 @Cleveland Won 20-14
Dec 11 Indianapolis Lost 18-26
Dec 18 San Francisco Won 10-9
Dec 24 @Houston Won 38-20
Jan 1 Tennessee Won 40-13
Old 01-04-2006, 10:42 AM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Not this week...I never bet on the Steelers one way or another, and the Pats basically have a bye, playing the worst 12-4 playoff team in NFL history. After the bye, they played one of the jokiest schedules I've ever seen...it literally looks like a laundry list of first round draft pick contenders (except for the Indy game, which they lost). Bellichick was quite clever to lose the Miami game and avoid Pittsburgh...

2005 JAX Schedule

Sep 11 Seattle Won 26-14
Sep 18 @Indianapolis Lost 3-10
Sep 25 @N.Y. Jets Won 26-20
Oct 2 Denver Lost 7-20
Oct 9 Cincinnati Won 23-20
Oct 16 @Pittsburgh Won 23-17
Week 7 BYE
Oct 30 @St. Louis Lost 21-24
Nov 6 Houston Won 21-14
Nov 13 Baltimore Won 30-3
Nov 20 @Tennessee Won 31-28
Nov 27 @Arizona Won 24-17
Dec 4 @Cleveland Won 20-14
Dec 11 Indianapolis Lost 18-26
Dec 18 San Francisco Won 10-9
Dec 24 @Houston Won 38-20
Jan 1 Tennessee Won 40-13
Its difficult to pronounce the Jags a bad team because of their 2nd half schedule - but it certainly offers no proof towards them being a real contender either.

I notice they often do half a job against Manning and the Colts - they are able to get in their faces and disrupt timing patterns etc - but unfortunately they dont have enough offense to take advantage.

I dont count their win against Pittsburgh as a 'quality win' due to the QB situation here at the time.

My honest take is that if we were slated to play Pittsburgh in the Wild Card round with a loss in week17 - we would still have approached the game the same way - Brady would still have sat early and the 2nd/3rd string would still have played a major part.

I really dont think that Belichick has anything to fear from Pittsburgh teams that are coached by Cowher.

NM
Old 01-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #6
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Just out of the sheer arrogance NE fans consistantly and constantly display regarding Cowher, if the opportunity arises to take that NE vs Pitt bet, I'll be your hucklebuck...
Old 01-04-2006, 11:18 AM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Just out of the sheer arrogance NE fans consistantly and constantly display regarding Cowher, if the opportunity arises to take that NE vs Pitt bet, I'll be your hucklebuck...
I dont think its arrogance per se.

I just dont think there is any question who is the better coach out of the two.

We could always bet who is going to get furthest into the playoffs.

NM
Old 01-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #8
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

One coach has had a QB, the other hasn't...that's the long and the short of it.